Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 06:48 PM   #21
Jam930
FFR Player

Quote:
40 years into second wave feminism, intelligent women are catching on to the fact that the male of the species is in a confused freefall. Sixty percent of North American college students are female. Projections surmise that women will be 2/3 of students on American college campuses by 2010.

Doesn't that mean that the guys are winning...?

DDRAngel is right... us girls feel pretty vulnerable most of the time... not unsafe, just vulnerable. I heard a comedian describe this to guys as(and this is kinda sick):
"For any of your guys that want to know what it's like to be a girl, imagine that half the people you know are twice your size, way stronger than you... and all they want to do is bang you."
Old 08-27-2005, 09:35 PM   #22
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Jamie, its the "and all they want to do is bang you" that gives you the power. That and an extremely loud mouth. Not you, per se... but women in general. Think of this as a scale. It was heavy on the male side for hundreds of years.

Then the 1920s role around, and women get the right to vote (oh nos!)... and that scale started to tip and tip and tip. But, you'd think it would stop when it was even, right? Hell no! These feminists aren't stupid. They'll milk this gravy train til its destroyed. Give it 10 years, and no man will be able to even speak to a woman in the work place for fear of a sexual harassment suit. Look at Title IX... Many revenue generating athletic sports were cut to make room for Field Hockey and Women's Lacrosse (what is the difference between these two again?).

I support this article. I've held this feeling since HS. Probably 5 years. Its retarded how our system has evolved.

And to the person who doubts it because there aren't sources cited.... just take a look at your own school. How girls are treated vs guys. How your parents' handle work. Watch the news. Sure, some of those numbers/facts might not be right... they also might be... the point is it doesn't take numbers or quotes to see that the essence of that article is true.

Plus, to those who "are too scared to say what she said"... who on earth could you say it to anyway? Your parents, your principal... but it wouldn't change a thing, because of laws and rules that are set by people WAY above their heads. And you can't battle those large feminist organizations that spend 25 hours a day marching on Capitol Hill and have no time to shave their legs or armpits.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #23
Freed
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Freed

I said already that nothing I have seen explains what is said in that article. I don't walk around afraid to talk to girls because I'll be hit with sexual harassment. Everything is always generally equal between girls and guys. There are no injustices. They always seem to be happening somewhere else, and I'm never around to get angry about them.

And it does matter if the numbers are correct or not, because if they were pulled out of nowhere it ruins the credibility of the entire article.

it amazes me how much people will believe just because they want to...
Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:31 AM   #24
eVILPeeR
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eVILPeeR Send a message via MSN to eVILPeeR

To whoever said that girls are more emotional as a proven fact, bullshit.
I cry and get upset just as much as any other female, just because I have testosterone in myself much more frequently then you females (whom also hold a bit of it), does NOT mean I am less emotional.

Humans are humans, male or female. The emotions shared by each are the same, males just choose to cover it up differently than women. It's like how women are more discrete about sexual matters than males.

That article was a GREAT read. It's exactly correct - and I hate feminists. Every last one of them. Is there such a thing as.. malinists? No. You know why? We don't need them to try and promote men's "equality", because there isn't much of it. But women need to, even though they've gone beyond equality and into preferentials of what they want.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:27 AM   #25
DDRAngel
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVILPeeR
To whoever said that girls are more emotional as a proven fact, bullshit.
I cry and get upset just as much as any other female, just because I have testosterone in myself much more frequently then you females (whom also hold a bit of it), does NOT mean I am less emotional.

Humans are humans, male or female. The emotions shared by each are the same, males just choose to cover it up differently than women. It's like how women are more discrete about sexual matters than males.

That article was a GREAT read. It's exactly correct - and I hate feminists. Every last one of them. Is there such a thing as.. malinists? No. You know why? We don't need them to try and promote men's "equality", because there isn't much of it. But women need to, even though they've gone beyond equality and into preferentials of what they want.

Alright buddy let me explain this to you. Okay now in your brain you have these little connecter thingies between your left and right brain, one is the emotional side and the other is the speaking side...now a womans connecty thingies are about I believe 3 times thicker than guys therefor they can connect emotions with everything and guys really cant. Im sorry but woman are more emotional becuase they were made that way. It doesnt have to be crying and stuff it's just the way we are made. And Im really sorry that you hate feminists becuase women may want a better life.

And just because you have read one article doesnt mean that women are above men or the two arnt equal. You can still do more than us in some senses and in most of the world if us females were to do the things we do here is the united states we would probably get stoned to death.

You need to get a life, becuase you are pissing me off.
DDRAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:45 AM   #26
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

EP: We now have evidence that you sir... are a woman.

Angel: I have no clue what you are talking about with "connector thingies", maybe Whorli can explain it to me... but you're right about other countries and women's rights. Pity this article and therefore this thread is about women in America only. And here in the good ole USA, women currently have the upper hand, especially in the workplace.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:53 AM   #27
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Yeah, my female boss used to come onto me all the time and I tried to report her, but the district manager was also a woman who didn't believe me. The only people who did were the fellow male employees who had all been sexually harassed by her before.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I値l give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:53 AM   #28
DDRAngel
FFR Player

Actually we really dont have the upper hand in the workplace...and let me to some research and I will come back with the name of the connecter thingys.

Soo you are saying women have more of an advantage in the workplace...how?

Here a list of CEO's for you. http://www.alternativehealthtalk.com/CEO_list_women.htm

http://sociology.princeton.edu/progr...manuscript.pdf
^ and that is a very interesting read.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #29
DDRAngel
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
Yeah, my female boss used to come onto me all the time and I tried to report her, but the district manager was also a woman who didn't believe me. The only people who did were the fellow male employees who had all been sexually harassed by her before.

Mal

You should have gone high on the branch until someone actually cared. And you should have kept trying to file it. Thats where you went wrong.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:02 AM   #30
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh, okay. Hey, lemme sexually harass you and then see how far you want to push it and risk losing your employment!

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I値l give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:11 AM   #31
DDRAngel
FFR Player

All the way...becuase if it's true the company will be hurt more than I will be. Im sorry but If it really means that much to you you would keep pushing it clear to the court system and the company would be sued to for not doing anything about it.
with a gorgeous redhead.
Lucille Ball
Old 08-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #32
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You've never heard of companies running people into the ground, bankrupting them? I was seventeen at the time, and had they counter-sued or forced me to get a good lawyer to counter their own, then I would have left with less money than I had gone in with, which was not a terribley large amount at the time.

And who are you to say it didn't mean that much just because I didn't press charges? You don't know me. I'm just saying, women do have the upper hand in the workplace, wether you see it that way or not.

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:19 AM   #33
DDRAngel
FFR Player

Just becuase you had female bosses and they didnt do anything does not mean women have a upper hand in the workplace. Until you give me solid proof in all aspects in the workplace where women have the upper hand and many examples I wont believe you.

Women and men right now are about even, the only difference is men move up in status more rapidly than women. I'm sorry you feel that way or that that happened to you but that does not mean women have the upper hand in the workplace.

And im sorry but what could they counter sue for?
Old 08-28-2005, 11:22 AM   #34
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Defamation, slander. Take your pick. And I'm sorry I don't have chronicled every time a woman has ever had an upper hand in the work place, but if I gave my boss now a blowjob, he would be freaked out. If a woman did it, she would be the new manager. Another way women have the upper hand, sex appeal.

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #35
DDRAngel
FFR Player

Quote:
Defamation, slander. Take your pick. And I'm sorry I don't have chronicled every time a woman has ever had an upper hand in the work place, but if I gave my boss now a blowjob, he would be freaked out. If a woman did it, she would be the new manager. Another way women have the upper hand, sex appeal.

Mal
That just retarded Im sorry, but that is the most idiotic response I have ever heard in defense of women having the upperhand. If anyone had any respect for themselves they wouldnt even think of doing something as degrading and unprofessional as that.

And maybe you should writen everything down if you being harassed that bad. You need to think about this a little more. And if it really matter that much you would have quit that job gotten another and sued even if you got countersued.

Im sorry but you're not convincing.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:29 AM   #36
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh, okay. Women have never used femenine wiles to get ahead anywhere. What was I thinking.

Just because you're a virtuous little girl doesn't mean the rest of the world is, and until it's happened to you, and until you are me, then please don't tell me how I should have handled the situation.

You're not very convincing either; it seems like you're just turning a blind eye because you don't have the upper hand as a woman in the world.

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #37
DDRAngel
FFR Player

Alright, then now that we have explored why women "have the upper hand"...I want you to go find some facts about why men "have the upper hand" and then come back and we will weigh the differences and figure this out.

I think I am going to do this in my spare time and write up an essay. Not leanign towards either side but just a factual essay but I will decide who I think may have the upper hand. Because now Im really curious about in which aspects women or men would have the "upper hand" or if either has it in all respects when averaging all the components together.

Oh yeah and you're not just talking to a 15 year old girl either...you are talking to my mom and dad too. Both of which have much experience in the buisness world and with harassment cases and what not.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:33 AM   #38
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Men have the upper hand because we can beat you up, and women are inherentley both attracted to and afraid of men.

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:36 AM   #39
DDRAngel
FFR Player

Quote:
Men have the upper hand because we can beat you up, and women are inherentley both attracted to and afraid of men.

Mal

Honestly stop being so ignorant and go look it up. You cannot debate this if you dont understanding or much proof if any at all.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:38 AM   #40
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Hey, your turn to look shit up. I already have a first hand account of how women can have the upper hand in the workplace. You do some legwork for a change.

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!