Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-8-2012, 08:31 PM   #21
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00
Default Re: So some ditzy bitch almost hit me with a white Honda just now.

Hondas rule the road !!!

even though I own a Chevy :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2012, 08:51 PM   #22
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

Fuking people. Some chick t-boned me because she wanted to go straight in a non-existant lane.
Old 03-8-2012, 09:22 PM   #23
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Razor00 View Post
Hondas rule the road !!!

even though I own a Chevy :/
It's not the vehicle itself I hate. They're well built machines and they last a long time. It just seems like as soon as a person sits behind the wheel of one, all driving skills go out the window, at least that's how it works where I live.

Oh and chevys are pimpin.
Old 03-8-2012, 09:39 PM   #24
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Fuc a2p good to hear you're alright tho bro
Old 03-8-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

little do we all know the woman driver was actually DarKNESSX0XoLIGHT !!!!!!!!!!! and shes reading this right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2012, 10:05 PM   #26
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

it was probably jurs
Old 03-8-2012, 10:14 PM   #27
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

i was actually going to say jurs loll but it wasn't a yellow camaro

by the way has anyone thought maybe the one thats 1-starring all a2p's threads is actually a2p himself .......
Quote:
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Old 03-8-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
i was actually going to say jurs loll but it wasn't a yellow camaro

by the way has anyone thought maybe the one thats 1-starring all a2p's threads is actually a2p himself .......

debunked.
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 01:46 AM   #29
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

related:

the amount you drive is directly correlated with how stupid you are.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 02:36 AM   #30
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

bikes4ever amirite
Old 03-9-2012, 02:40 AM   #31
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

ya yr rite
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 07:00 AM   #32
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2P View Post
oh hey internet tough guy, how are you tonight? hows the micropenis holding up for ya?
I don't know. But your sister would
MagicCarpetRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 08:08 AM   #33
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

People on bike are the worst here, they have their own bit of road that's designated to them. They never, ever stay in it and cause more accidents than anyone.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 09:05 AM   #34
Gravity Kitten
FFR Player

cool

Last edited by Gravity Kitten; 03-9-2012 at 09:08 AM..
Gravity Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 04:00 PM   #35
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Sorry to hear about your incident, but at least you're ok. I've had some pretty close calls myself on sidewalks where I was completely within my right to be walking. Alas...now I'm extra careful.

The thing about bad drivers is they usually don't know they're a bad driver. They usually think they're great, despite a plethora of evidence to the contrary.

I can safely say that I've been driving for 8 years now with no accidents, and I drive in rush hour traffic for an hour, twice a day. I'd say I see some really ****ing dumb stuff 1-2 times a day. Stuff that is so stupid it blows my mind. If you end up stuck behind these people you usually come to notice that their inability to drive is a chronic problem and not an isolated incident or temporary lapse in judgment.

Pet peeves of mine:

The 4 way stop roller (these people often like to combo this with an out-of-turn rolled stop)

Bumper riders (there's no excuse for this, especially at night and in a truck. It's blinding. If I'm out of town and it's bad enough, eventually I'm going to pull over, let you pass me and then turn on my high beams behind you)

The weaver (Is it really necessary, in rush hour traffic, to weave in and out of traffic, cut people off and nearly cause an accident, just to advance yourself 3-4 car lengths?)

There are others, but those are the ones I see pretty much every day.
Old 03-9-2012, 04:23 PM   #36
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
The weaver (Is it really necessary, in rush hour traffic, to weave in and out of traffic, cut people off and nearly cause an accident, just to advance yourself 3-4 car lengths?)
I know, right? This one in particular annoys me to no end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
almost everyone here its retarded I have to weave between everyone stylishly because people go 5 under the limit sometimes even 40 below the limit i know its hard to believe.
At first I thought you were one of those weavers as mentioned above, but you're talking about other drivers that drive under the speed limit. The max speed limit IS technically the -maximum-, so you really can't consider them slow if they're only a small amount under.
Where I live though, driving at the speed limit, or even slightly above it is still considered "too slow", and people behind me still always weave to get ahead of me...it's as if the standards have reached such levels that breaking the speed limit is "normal" and following the law is "abnormal" and an inconvenience to others. It's an additional pressure I don't need while I'm driving. Even 5-10km above the speed limit (beyond 10km above limit you're def. going to get a ticket if caught) they deliberately pass me as I'm apparently too slow still.
Like Reach said, going a few car lengths ahead isn't going to save you all that much time, even if you add it up. Some drivers are just ridiculous in that way.

Last edited by bmah; 03-9-2012 at 04:39 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 04:41 PM   #37
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Ahh, christmas eve. Went to this party that my bf's family always goes to with a bunch of hicks at it, and they're all laughing at driving drunk and almost running front end into transports because they gotta pass the guy going the speed limit in a snow storm on the unplowed, middle of nowhere road that has no shoulder. Out by where his parents live there's 'blooper corner' where at least 5 or 6 cars drive off the road each year because they're going 30kph+ over the limit when there's ice or snow on the road.

Also been almost hit crossing the street regularly at crosswalks. I wait until eye contact with any car taking a right. Wish I could do the same for the cars taking a left, but they're too far away.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 04:44 PM   #38
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I hate weavers. Most of the time they're trying to advance just a couple car lengths but I always seem to wind up right up against them at the traffic light anyway. Dicks.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 04:46 PM   #39
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

I go like 5-10 or 15 over most of the time, but I always signal and i get out of people's way, so i dont run up on people that are going slow, i just go around them casually. i dont rly weave, i just get over like a pro

about speed limits, people don't really care about them here, they just do whatever they want, and cops are obvious and don't care that much if you are within 10 mph. I see cops breaking traffic laws almost constantly

what i dont like are peeps that are rude and don't signal and get all irritated if traffic doesn't go how they want. for example this douchebag in a white van flipped me off the other day at a light, cause I got in the right lane when he wanted to get in the right lane because it was empty and he was behind 1 person. apparently he thought he needed to go SUPER SUPER FAST and blow everyone away. then the entire rest of the way, he acted like he was going to run me over weavin in and out of all the lanes and riding on my ass etc. i was like wow dude you have an anger problem. when he finally turned i honked at him with my super cute horn ^_^.

also people that don't signal, luckily I can always tell when people are thinking about merging, so I let them go ahead. i really do try to make it a point to be courteous. also people never want to ****ing let you onto the highway in traffic, theyre like like naw i gotta pass you first, that rly gets on my nerves. slows down traffic thinking "me first" all the time. I just try to be really proactive. ive been driving both motorcycles and cars for 9 yrs now with no accidents except a couple small things, like breaking my light when backing out and breaking my side mirror backing out LoL

anyways im a good chauffeur man im safe im in a smooth ass cadillac i dont swang im a g

P.S. that proves nothing a2p i bet you have like at least 4 alts
Quote:

Last edited by Syhto; 03-9-2012 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: im serious about driving LOL im like the queen of edits wtf
Old 03-9-2012, 04:49 PM   #40
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I usually stay at the speed limit or go to 5km faster. I don't usually go slower. Also, neither of us has mentioned the particular driving conditions that constrains your speed limit. Where I live, the winters can be absolutely horrendous, and you're out of your mind if you try to even exceed the speed limit during many of those wintery days. Maybe you don't encounter treacherous conditions as much, Syhto. The roads here are also difficult to maintain due to those conditions. Add up a booming economy from oil sands, and you have construction everywhere as well. It's not a docile attitude of "following rules" - you've seen it and I've seen it: people do get caught preetty regularly. Doubled fines in construction zones, which are everywhere here.

i.e. conditions need to be considered for driving speeds obviously. The amount of experience you have in driving doesn't give you the right to do fancy maneuvering tricks simply because they save you time and you know how to pull them off right. It's that general attitude that creates a dangerous atmosphere.

edit: lmfao syhto, yes that also peeves me: it's not uncommon for a driver in another lane to suddenly speed up when I want to change lanes to pass me by first. Best way to crash.

Last edited by bmah; 03-9-2012 at 05:05 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote