Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
Matrixdude
And She Screams My Name
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Matrixdude Send a message via MSN to Matrixdude
Default Dead Space 2

So the first Dead Space is pretty much my favorite game ever and I'm extremely excited for this game.

The demo just came out and I am super impressed with the new additions - enhanced graphics, new weapons, new enemies, and Isaac speaks now!

Coming from someone who loves to be scared and who loves scary games and movies, this is my most anticipated game of 2011. For those of you who haven't checked out the first one I strongly urge you to do so it's got a great storyline, great setting, genuinely scary atmosphere (it will make you scared), awesome gameplay mechanics, and somewhat sluggish control scheme making it feel realistic and relatable.

This game seems to have a better story than the first, though, and seems to give Isaac more of a personality this time. Everything as far as I can tell has been greatly improved from the first game and with just about a month before this game's release I simply cannot wait! I preordered it back in July haha.

Discuss.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Dead Space 2

DS1 is not scary at all.

Already have my CE preordered for Jan
Old 12-22-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

DS1 is not scary at all.

Already have my CE preordered for Jan
Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Should be getting a copy of Dead Space 1 for Christmas.
Just played the demo for Dead Space 2 not too long ago, pretty scary. Every time an enemy would pop up, I was like *Gasp* "What the f-ck was that!?"

Looks great, I'm really looking forward to the second. I don't think I'll pre-order however.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #5
CMMTeddy II
FFR Player

Dead space 1 was really enjoyable. And the demo seems pretty okay, this is a definite buy but I'll probably pick it up a while after it comes out, since I'm going to be up to my ears in a bunch of other games.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #6
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I downloaded dead space 1 but i never got around to playing it. Guess I might consider doing that this winter break.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
hahaujusdied
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Dead space 1 was pretty darn cool so I might just take a look at this one too. A little fleshing out of Isaac's character would be nice too so thats a good improvement.
hahaujusdied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I bought DS1 yesterday for cheap, so I'll get it done before DS2 arrives.

I'm most anticipating F.E.A.R. 3 though.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #9
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

For some reason this game makes me really dizzy. I think it is the really weird angle that you play at. The third person, but off to the left thing..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:00 AM   #10
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Dead Space is my boyfriend's favorite game evaaaaar. He liked making me watch him play the game. When the demo came out... I told him to wait till the next day so he could play it and have me watch, so.. next day comes, I'm awake first, and he sits up and automatically turns on the 360 and tells me to watch him play. He's... a super fanboy I guess. I thought it was pretty creepy when he played it last summer for me to watch but I was asleep like half the time so I don't remember much. Gonna have to play it myself before 2 comes out. :]

I might suck at it though, I kinda freak out when the alien/zombie things pop outta nowhere.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
hahaujusdied
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

its pretty creepy but its not too bad to play and your boyfriend is a total fanboy if hes making you watch him play it. I can understand why you would be asleep lol its hard to just watch someone else play video games.

@smartdude: F.E.A.R. 3 YAY that series is awesome im sure that will be a good game as well.
hahaujusdied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
Matrixdude
And She Screams My Name
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Matrixdude Send a message via MSN to Matrixdude

Bumpity.

OK. After taking an hour to complete chapter one (I love exploring everything and watching every little detail) I must say that my expectations were not let down whatsoever.

First off, the game still has a definite feel as the first one had but you can tell immediately how different it actually is. They took everything from the first game and improved on it drastically. The graphics initially took me by surprise, everything looks so clean and smooth, save for a few minor shadow problems here and there caused by movement. Other than that, facial expressions and lighting effects are definitely taken up a notch, this game is an HD must.

Also, there were a lot of little things that I noticed that really immersed you into this new world. Things such as blood splashes on Isaac's clothes as well as humanly items such as balloons and stuffed animals that remind you of the safety and innocence of childhood until one of the balloons suddenly POPS and instantly reminds you that you're still in this dimly lit world of caution around every corner.

Controls feel much tighter and smoother in this game as well, while using pretty much the same control scheme as DS1. I feel as if Isaac's movements feel smoother whether he's walking or swinging his arm ravenously everything feels better.

The addition of Isaac's voice initially worried me but after playing the game and witnessing his personality for the first time I feel as if it's a crucial addition. It really adds to the emotion and enhances the deeper storyline as Isaac struggles with the effects of dementia on top of struggling to survive.

The new multiplayer I was ready to dismiss as a useless addition to a game that really didn't need it (see BioShock) but after messing around for a bit in the multiplayer it's a whole lot of fun. Reminds me a lot of Left 4 Dead multiplayer as one team plays as the necromorphs and the other as the humans trying to complete objectives. The necromorphs have won every single round I've played so far, however.

I could go on and on about every little thing that's done correctly in this game but right now I'd really like to get back to playing it, everything is improved and I'd say that this is a definite buy for any horror or third person shooter fan.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #13
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

The game is so big... it has to be on two discs for the 360. LOL.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #14
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyokou View Post
The game is so big... it has to be on two discs for the 360. LOL.
Is that serious? I went for the PS3 version purely because you get extraction included and it still all fit on one disc (for a second I thought they hadn't given me both games).

Only beat chapter one so far but I'm enjoying it. The start was a lot more frantic than the first game. Apart from that it feels almost identical to the original, which isn't a bad thing.
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #15
-Barista-
FFR Player

The game is only big in the sense that it has a lot of content but it's actually a pretty short game.

I didn't really enjoy this one as much as the first. Didn't get those "Ah" moments where I'd be creeped out liked I did in the first which was what I was REALLY looking forward to and instead spent most of my time more annoyed at the enemies that were popping up. Damn spitters.

Anyways, I could rant about the things that I didn't like about the second one and what I did but instead I'll just say that the game wasn't good (to me) but they did put a lot of good things into the game that really does make it worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness View Post
lol i created ffr
-Barista- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #16
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
Is that serious?
Yup. PS3s use the blu-ray discs so they can fit more information on them. If MS doesn't step up soon, more and more games will be two discs.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #17
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

Let's not forget FFXIII took 3 disc's on the Xbox and one on the PS3 lololololol.

I want this, I've played one (will need to play it again, though first)

But other games are higher up my waiting list.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #18
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

The scariest moment of the game:

I picked up an alarm clock with TK and it started beeping. I flipped out.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #19
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Watching the toby let's plays on Youtube since I'm too poor to afford the game xD
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
Watching the toby let's plays on Youtube since I'm too poor to afford the game xD
he's an amazing commentator. also, kinda sad his amnesia run's pretty much done. I'm definitely tuning in to his dead space though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote