Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default FFR Anime Club: The Continuation

It's back!!
Well... not quite. We've been around for a few months.

Hi, kjw here.

This is a thread mainly for announcements, discussion, and events regarding what somehow came to be known as the FFR Anime Club (I think it went from Winter Break Anime Club to Anime Night Club to that, but I'm not sure).

As you might have guessed, it started a few months back when Sweet Angel piloted a nice event for all the anime enthusiasts here. It did go on for a couple of months, but since many of us wanted to continue on with it—and since Sweet Angel is now really busy these days—I've taken it upon myself to keep it going!

It's a simple idea, really. We gather 'round on weekends and watch anime together in a Skype call! We'll usually keep up with two series at once, and since we only watch around 4 episodes in a week, you can drop by whenever you want, and get caught up during the week should you happen to miss a few sessions. No obligations!

If you're interested and would like to be invited to the Skype chat, please contact kjwkjw via Skype or through a forum PM. I'd be more than happy to get you settled in :3

Please note that I reserve the right to remove anyone that flames, causes unnecessary drama, etc.

Read on for the details!

==========

Currently watching:

Schedule:
Sessions are currently scheduled for every Friday and Saturday at 11:30 PM server time (CST).
Any changes regarding the time will be announced both in the Skype chat and in the thread beforehand.
Most of the time, we will be watching 2 episodes on Friday and 2 on Saturday.
This means that each session will last approximately one hour plus derailing minus order (you'll see what this means once you join in for a session yourself).

Please check below for the detailed schedule for the upcoming few weeks (subject to change).

Code:
January 9: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 3, Non Non Biyori 3
January 10: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 4, Non Non Biyori 4
January 16: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 5, Non Non Biyori 5
January 17: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 6, Non Non Biyori 6
January 23: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 7, Non Non Biyori 7
January 24: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 8, Non Non Biyori 8

Suggestions:
Suggestions for anime are always welcome; feel free to drop a post here or throw in a suggestion in the chat! Whenever we're nearing the end of a series, I'll pool the suggestions together and get a decision-making process going (usually via discussions and/or polls).

If you have any other suggestions (e.g. regarding the time of the sessions or sponcons), please let me know as well.

Points System:
You will gain points for watching anime with us, participating in sponcons, throwing in some great suggestions, and helping the sessions run smoothly.
Currently the anime club TCG is the main use for points (details can be found here).

The current Points List can be found here.
*For watching an episode with us, you get points equivalent to the minutes of runtime as listed on MAL, rounded to the nearest whole number.
Joining the Skype call isn't necessary; just make it possible for us to know that you were there.
The honor system will be used for this.

Sponcons:
None at the moment.

==========

Hopefully this thread will be helpful for our long-time regulars, as well as those of you that will be joining us in the future. See you all there!

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265

Last edited by kjwkjw; 01-6-2015 at 01:12 PM..
kjwkjw is offline   Reply With Quote