Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3
Default May 21 2011

So, driving back into town today I saw a billboard saying that the Bible says that the world's gonna end on May 21 of this year. (Will post pictures later if I head back out of town again. Disregard that, my phone camera sucks ass.)

Did a bit of googling and apparently this is some kind of global thing. A lot of people seriously think (text - video)are that a man named Harold Camping has calculated that the flood of Noah happened on that same date in 4990BC, and that some other biblical-grade disaster would happen 7000 years from that date, which happens to be May 21 2011.

Personally, I don't buy it. Various people have predicted various dates across the last hundred years or so that they believed would be the end of days. However, I think this is the first time in a while that such a prediction has received such a great following. Also, if I believed in a God, I would think that he'd prefer to keep the day of the end of the world a secret. What would be his purpose in telling the whole of humanity the day he's going to destroy everything?

Anyway, I realize this is Chit Chat, but let's try to keep the discussion serious. I don't wanna read "lol bible is faek its all bs" ... I'd like to hear the input of christians, religious non-christians, and atheists.

Last edited by Crashfan3; 04-28-2011 at 11:29 PM..
Crashfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote