View Single Post
Old 07-3-2022, 09:53 PM   #6
Tru
e
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Songs of the Week 07/01/2022

D2 - Space Doggity – I can’t say I’m a fan of this file. It leans on the song’s comedy to carry it, but the length is a pretty big detriment to it. Good execution outside of the length though.

D3 - Decadence – greatesthitofdisturbed.mp4. Should be a pretty popular pick among D3 folks, classic Storn file.

D4 - A Tiny Spaceship’s Final Mission – Pretty solid. I’m glad the FantomenK permission is getting used. Psychotik tends to send in some pretty polished stuff and this is no exception.

D5 – Walking the Streets of a Former Hell – Twister [Standard] is apt, it is similarly relentless and similarly well made. Of course it’s a cornman file.

D6 – Now’s Your Chance To Be a [[BIG SHOT]] gomotion rmx – Folks have been calling this a jack file. While they are a pretty major part, I definitely struggle with everything that isn’t a jack here. It results in this being a very good choice for the tournament, as it tests a pretty wide variety of skillsets.

D7 – The Lady Is a Trump – I judged this – I knew the 32nds would get a good reaction from the preview stream – 307 stream is bound to get a reaction. The 32nds serve as a really good distraction from the real difficulty of this file, which is basically just the entire second half. I figured this would get used in the OT after my first playtest, it’s a really solid file and tests a pretty good variety of skill sets. jh has been on a roll lately, lots of banger files.

D8 – Excuse my Rudeness – I judged this – Chordjacks are becoming more popular in FFR and DZ has been at the forefront of high difficulty chordjack files lately. This is a pretty dang solid file through and through. D8 is definitely just treating this as an appetizer.

Extra - SHINE!! – It looks pretty good but I know I don’t have the stamina to play it on any rate over ~0.7x.
Tru is offline   Reply With Quote