Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
    nobody fiffers anymore.
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2006
    • 2440

    #91
    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

    Hey, I've finished this book. I think the story was well-crafted overall.

    Some things bother me though:
    - The sudden explosion of wandlore
    - The aforementioned change in characters' profiles (Dumbledore, Snape, Neville)
    - The weak-ish epilogue

    I don't know if I'm getting all the refences I should be. Firenze was the centaur from the first book, right?
    ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

    Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

    Comment

    • Chromer
      Hookers and Blow
      • Jul 2003
      • 4981

      #92
      Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

      Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
      Hey, I've finished this book. I think the story was well-crafted overall.

      Some things bother me though:
      - The sudden explosion of wandlore
      - The aforementioned change in characters' profiles (Dumbledore, Snape, Neville)
      - The weak-ish epilogue

      I don't know if I'm getting all the refences I should be. Firenze was the centaur from the first book, right?
      I had a sneaky suspicion that Snape was a good guy the entie time but when Snape's memory pretty much destroyed the "nice guy" image of Dumbledore, I was shocked.

      Comment

      • FoJaR
        The Worst
        • Nov 2005
        • 2816

        #93
        Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

        Originally posted by dore
        The most disappointing part of the book was the epilogue, I hope Rowling writes an extended epilogue of some sort because that was just pitiful, it didn't tell you anything you didn't already know. The only surprise in the entire thing was Albus Severus Potter.
        cosign.

        seriously epilogue was like "did you write this as an afterthought?"

        pretty sorry epilogue.

        Comment

        • pntballa18
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2005
          • 3357

          #94
          Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

          Before i read this book, i made a bet with my friends saying jokingly, "I bet harry dies twice"

          i was so close =\

          Comment

          • SethSquall
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2004
            • 5477

            #95
            Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

            Got round to reading it. I wanted to read all the books before the release but I got half way through OotF when it DH got released. Anyway, I've read them all now.

            I think the last book was really good, really sad though,

            Spoiler:Fred, Tonks, Lupin and dobby got to me most. I loved those characters. I wasn't that sad about Snapes actually death as I had expected it but his memories got to me. His story, his life, was really sad. Colin was unexpected as well. That chapter when Harry calls the dead back and speaks to his family about death really choked me up, the way he floated along accepting that he had to die. It was really melancholy I found.

            Great end to a series I think.

            Neville is hardcore
            Last edited by SethSquall; 08-10-2007, 06:03 AM.
            Originally posted by Tibs
            I love you, you Welsh ****

            Comment

            • ShastaTwist
              FFR Veteran
              • Sep 2004
              • 599

              #96
              Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

              Lily - Name of Harry's mother. Makes sense to name his daughter this.

              James - Name of Harry's father. Makes sense to name his son this.

              Albus - Name of Harry's former-headmaster. Makes sense to name his second son this.

              Rose - Pretty name, this sort of goes with Lily. Floral.

              Scorpius - Draco = Dragon. Scorpius = Scorpion.

              Hugo - ...

              Comment

              • SethSquall
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2004
                • 5477

                #97
                Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                It's Albus Severus isnt it?
                Originally posted by Tibs
                I love you, you Welsh ****

                Comment

                • r0ckp0p
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 10

                  #98
                  Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                  teddy lupin snogging victorie . thats surprising lols. i hate it when she killed of tonks and lupin just sad.
                  i'll be waiting for you

                  Comment

                  • ShastaTwist
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 599

                    #99
                    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                    The names for all of the new characters at the end of the novel were horrid.

                    I would kill myself if my name was Albus.

                    Comment

                    • purebloodtexan
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 2845

                      #100
                      Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                      Originally posted by ShastaTwist
                      The names for all of the new characters at the end of the novel were horrid.

                      I would kill myself if my name was Albus.
                      Yeah, Albus isn't much of a (I'm being nice) modern English name.


                      Comment

                      • tobi14
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 17

                        #101
                        Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                        dont hate me for this, but i feel it has 2 b said. all of the harry potter stories, short of the third, HAD IDENTICAL PLOT LINES
                        Behold the power supreme, for it shall decide who lives and who dies.

                        Comment

                        • Squeek
                          let it snow~
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 14444

                          #102
                          Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                          Not really, no.

                          1) The positive side of wizarding world.

                          2) The negative side of the wizarding world.

                          3) Secrets about the wizarding world and information on Harry's past. Has very little to do with Voldemort.

                          4) A break from the norm with a tournament. Crucial lead-in to the fifth book.

                          5) Battle of wits between those who believe and those who do not. Also, a return to a focus on education at Hogwarts with the exams.

                          6) Learning about Tom Riddle. Tools that will guide Harry in the final book.

                          7) A departure from the formula of the books and the destruction of Voldemort.

                          Comment

                          • tobi14
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 17

                            #103
                            Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                            things like the tournament just seemed like gimmicks to make the plot seem different to me, put ive no desire to proceed
                            Behold the power supreme, for it shall decide who lives and who dies.

                            Comment

                            • purebloodtexan
                              FFR Player
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 2845

                              #104
                              Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                              Originally posted by tobi14
                              things like the tournament just seemed like gimmicks to make the plot seem different to me, put ive no desire to proceed
                              There's no better opportunity (I'll spell check that later) than a grand tournament to get someone in by force, set them up, entrap them and kill them; if they wanted to, they might cause even more chaos.


                              Comment

                              • RB_IcePh0enix
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 709

                                #105
                                Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                                I personally thought the 7th book was the best. I'm a bit afraid of what the movie will be like though. If it is as bad and short as the 5th one I think Harry Potter fans will get extremely angry at the director.

                                On a not so important note, how come in the sixth book Dumbledore gets flown into the air from the killing curse when everybody else who was hit by the killing curse just fell to the ground. I thought this may be significant to the 7th book but it wasn't at all really. I have to wonder if she just made a mistake or if she did it to add more drama thinking people wouldn't have caught onto it.

                                I thought the epilogue was decent but it would have been better if she said who the new headmaster was and the new minister of magic was. It may have been Luna Lovegood, she seems like she might make a decent headmaster. I actually think Ron may be the minister of magic. Who knows. She probably just wants us to keep on guessing.

                                Comment

                                Working...