Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • esupin
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2003
    • 1756

    #16
    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

    Originally posted by Tails99

    Ps.
    NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH
    I loled at that part. Kinda unrealistic, but funny. I thought that the ending was a bit too deus ex machina like, though. Otherwise, no complaints. Well, maybe a longer epilogue.

    http://www.youtube.com/esupin

    Comment

    • Squeek
      let it snow~
      • Jan 2004
      • 14444

      #17
      Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

      There's a flaw in your theory, Soujiro.

      Harry's protection of everyone else was indeed the same protection his mother gave him. Willing to die to save others protects them.

      Here's your flaw: his mother actually died.

      Why then, did Harry live? Was it because Voldemort only killed the piece of his own soul instead of Harry, or was it because he was the Master of Death?

      The latter is easier to believe, but both are plausible. Why do I believe the latter? Because he had the right to choose whether to die or to live at the King's Cross.

      Comment

      • Shashakiro
        TWO THOUZAND COMBO
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2005
        • 9082

        #18
        Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

        Um, didn't Harry survive because Voldemort used his blood to resurrect himself, therefore keeping a part of Harry inside himself and making it impossible for Voldemort to kill him? Thus Dumbledore's gleam of triumph in Book 4, etc etc...

        That's what I understood, anyway...
        4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

        Originally posted by Boogiebear
        use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

        Comment

        • Hayden_444
          FFR Player
          • Dec 2006
          • 90

          #19
          Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

          i have a question because im to lazy to read the book and this thread dose harry die?
          Too big. I swear I've asked you to shrink it before...

          Comment

          • dore
            caveman pornstar
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2006
            • 6317

            #20
            Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

            Originally posted by Shashakiro
            Um, didn't Harry survive because Voldemort used his blood to resurrect himself, therefore keeping a part of Harry inside himself and making it impossible for Voldemort to kill him? Thus Dumbledore's gleam of triumph in Book 4, etc etc...

            That's what I understood, anyway...
            yeah

            The best line in the book was "Oh look, a Blibbering Humdinger!"

            My major qualms with the book were the way they portrayed Dumbledore and Snape. For 6 books Dumbledore was the goodness of the world, and an unbeatable force of morality, and then all of the sudden he has this dark side that all comes out at the end of the book. Same with Snape, he was evil-appearing throughout the entire series, kills Dumbledore, and oh by the way it was all because he loved Lily Evans. Both characters acted rather stereotypically throughout the entire series, and then in the last book they all of the sudden are completely different. I know that not all characters can be static and one-sided, but Rowling should've foreshadowed their true personalities as they come out at the end of the book.

            Once I reread this I'm sure I'll catch a few more of the subtleties that I missed, maybe that'll change my mind on that.

            I think the Battle of Hogwarts will be really epic on-screen; honestly, I hope that they do split up the movie so that they can devote 45+ minutes on that scene (sup ending of LotR 2).

            The most disappointing part of the book was the epilogue, I hope Rowling writes an extended epilogue of some sort because that was just pitiful, it didn't tell you anything you didn't already know. The only surprise in the entire thing was Albus Severus Potter.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

            Comment

            • Soujiro_The_Tenkan
              FFR Player
              • May 2007
              • 8

              #21
              Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

              shakshiro got the reason harry didnt die. i cant believe you all didnt read dumbledoors speech at the kings cross station. sure she might have spliced in the master of death thing but truly read it again. it was voldemorts foolish understanding of his opponent and taking of harrys blood. please accept this because it is so obvious im glad someone understood what i was saying and stop going on about james dying if i read everything correctly it is true he didnt own the 3 hallows but he owned the cloak which if you read the whole book is the shielder of spells it protects you from death. so from an earlier arguement in this discussion it should have worked for him if he didnt have it on him but it didnt thus proving harry who lacked the ring and the wand in his possession. was not the master of death. and also the curse that harry was hit with wasn't as powerful because the elderwand truly was harry's so it only blasted voldemorts soul out of him putting him in a dream like state. and if you dont remeber harry asks dumbledoor right before he goes back. was this real or just in my mind. and dumbledoor responds just because it is in your mind does not make it any less real.... so please just get it into your heads its all there harry was not the master of death because death never exsisted ne way as dumbledoor also pointed out. he just said the 3 brothers were extroadinary wizards. and by now i truly believe dumbledoor knew what the hell he was talking about. good day

              Comment

              • mfelten86
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2006
                • 93

                #22
                Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                Originally posted by dore
                yeah


                My major qualms with the book were the way they portrayed Dumbledore and Snape. For 6 books Dumbledore was the goodness of the world, and an unbeatable force of morality, and then all of the sudden he has this dark side that all comes out at the end of the book. Same with Snape, he was evil-appearing throughout the entire series, kills Dumbledore, and oh by the way it was all because he loved Lily Evans. Both characters acted rather stereotypically throughout the entire series, and then in the last book they all of the sudden are completely different. I know that not all characters can be static and one-sided, but Rowling should've foreshadowed their true personalities as they come out at the end of the book.
                I think that some of the anger Harry had towards Dumbledore for the past two books could be viewed as foreshadowing. Not necessarily obvious but it makes sense to me.


                Comment

                • Soujiro_The_Tenkan
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2007
                  • 8

                  #23
                  Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                  his anger with dumbledoor came because he was a living horecrux and voldemort was getting anrgy a crap load now wasnt he? plus he had a horecrux on him throughout most of this book so he was obviously not in a good mood. Basically it was ne other story with the master having secrets that the apperntice feels he should know.

                  Comment

                  • mmeegghhaann
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 239

                    #24
                    Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                    most of this thread is tl;dr but...
                    I was pretty disappointed with the ending of the books. They seemed entirely too predicatable for me.
                    I agree with many of you that the worst part of it was the shift in personality or perception with many of the main characters (Snape, Dumbledore, Neville). I also wouldn't put Ron and Hermoine together but they are not my books.

                    Everything seemed to be explained and the prophecy fufilled. The movie should be pretty epic if they do it right and make the last one into at
                    least two movies.
                    A burrito is just a sleeping bag for ground beef.

                    Comment

                    • l Endorphin l
                      Maybe
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 574

                      #25
                      Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                      The other side of the mirror went to Aberforth... :/

                      Comment

                      • Squeek
                        let it snow~
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 14444

                        #26
                        Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                        Soujiro, can you please use line breaks? That wall-of-text format is incredibly hard to read.

                        I re-read the King's Cross scene for comprehension. Turns out it was the blood tie between them, not the easier-to-understand Master of Death concept I had taken away from it all.

                        Whatever. Dumbledore DOES tell Harry he is the rightful owner of all three Hallows during that scene, thereby making him the Master of Death. You can't prove to me that the blood tie is the reason he's capable of choosing the path he takes: returning to life or dying. I think if he weren't the Master of Death, he just wouldn't have died in the forest. He wouldn't have had the chance to talk to the dead (Dumbledore), nor would he have had a choice.

                        Comment

                        • mmeegghhaann
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 239

                          #27
                          Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                          One question I still have is what exactly was it that killed Sirius? Am I just missing something?
                          A burrito is just a sleeping bag for ground beef.

                          Comment

                          • Zageron
                            Zageron E. Tazaterra
                            FFR Administrator
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 6592

                            #28
                            Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                            One thing that I absolutely loved about the book...

                            4 months prior to release I came up with the theory that harry was a horcrux xD! BOY WAS I RIGHT!

                            Comment

                            • soulofcerberus
                              FFR Player
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 367

                              #29
                              Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                              Originally posted by Soujiro_The_Tenkan
                              james dying if i read everything correctly it is true he didnt own the 3 hallows but he owned the cloak which if you read the whole book is the shielder of spells it protects you from death

                              the curse that harry was hit with wasn't as powerful because the elderwand truly was harry's so it only blasted voldemorts soul out of him putting him in a dream like state

                              harry asks dumbledoor right before he goes back. was this real or just in my mind. and dumbledoor responds just because it is in your mind does not make it any less real
                              I'm going to take on these specific points.

                              The cloak was never the "shielder of spells" and the only way it protects you from death is by being invisible. Invisible all the time, no matter what, never fading, never growing weaker, and never losing its invisibility due to spells. The reason it protected the one brother from death is because no matter where death looked death could not find the brother (until the brother walked with him willingly). Thus James died even though he was the owner because he didn't have the cloak with him and the cloak wouldn't have kept him from dying if he was hit by the death spell in the first place.

                              It's not that avada kadevra was any less powerful. If you truly had such a vast comprehension of the book, the curse always kills the target unless it misses or there is a special circumstance (aka twin cores). What wand Voldemort used was inconsequential because the spell would've killed either way (because "their use requires a strong desire to bring about the effects, a directed will, and great skill" and Voldemort had all three to the extreme). Harry should've been killed yet he wasn't because of the blood Voldemort took (and perhaps also because of some connection to the deathly hallows).

                              Yes you got one thing right. Dumbledore specifically states that just because it was in Harry's head (which was quite obvious) that it doesn't make it any less real. Which in my opinion and I'm sure in the opinions of many other makes the whole even in King's Cross quite real (being that Harry found out information that he could not have known any other way).

                              <edit>
                              Originally posted by mmeegghhaann
                              One question I still have is what exactly was it that killed Sirius? Am I just missing something?
                              He fell through the arch/portal/curtain in the 5th book.

                              Comment

                              • SimpsonFreak345
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2006
                                • 330

                                #30
                                Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

                                Originally posted by Zageron
                                One thing that I absolutely loved about the book...

                                4 months prior to release I came up with the theory that harry was a horcrux xD! BOY WAS I RIGHT!
                                i predicted the same thing immediately after finishing the 6th book.
                                but in a way my idea was completely off because i thought harry would have to die completely
                                then the prophecy wouldnt be completely fulfilled.
                                i loved how Rowling put all of this together.


                                AAA's: 74 + 2 + 15 = 91
                                Latest AAA: Tell, Pokemon DnB
                                Best AAA: Jurs OP, Destiny
                                Tier Points: 65 (53 + 2)
                                Most Recent: 2/4 - Sensorium - Single Digit Good

                                Comment

                                Working...