Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • operationstrawbarry
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2004
    • 802

    #31
    Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

    I haven't watched the movie yet, but most of all, Im not a movie fan and just dont plain care enough to not view this thread because of spoilers.

    Something tells me though that this thread will be equally or more entertaining than the movie though which doesn't sound like a good sign.

    Comment

    • ichliebekase
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2006
      • 3213

      #32
      Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

      Originally posted by MrRubix
      -Megan Fox
      -Megan Fox
      -Megan Fox
      I completely disagree. She's not that pretty. It may just be my "non-lesbian, completely straight" side talking but really, guys, you could all do better.

      Originally posted by MrRubix
      -They gave Devastator balls for no other reason than to give Simmons an excuse to mention that he was below the scrotum. Way to totally ruin Devastator, guys.
      That was just STUPID! But I laughed :]

      Originally posted by MrRubix
      --A few of the gimmicky jokes I could have done without. The dog humping was totally unnecessary, as was the mini-transformer humping Megan Fox's leg. Come on, Michael Bay, keep that crap out of here
      The robot was funny as hell. You're insane for thinking otherwise.

      Originally posted by MalReynolds
      Negative points:

      - The Twins, Mudflap and ****face, two robots that have distinctly... 'ethnic' voices, gold teeth... That can't read. That was wonderful.
      That was annoying as hell, especially since I was sitting next to my hispanic friend and he was getting frustrated the entire time.

      Originally posted by MalReynolds
      - A giant robot having testicles for nothing more than a joke.
      - Sam's mom getting high for a joke.
      - 90% OF the jokes not working.
      - Almost 3 hours.
      - Not enough robots fighting.
      - Decepticon Girl trying to seduce Sam - he doesn't notice that she is made out of machine.
      - Stupid inter-relationship tension between Sam and Mikela.
      - Mikela's father getting introduced only to have no bearing on the plot.
      - Sam's parents getting kidnapped.
      - Sam's parents.
      - Sam (Nothing against Shia, I thought he was great - the character was not.)
      - The script.
      All of this stuff did bother me, but not enough for me not to like the movie.

      Originally posted by MrRubix
      The thing I found interesting was that the black audience in my theater were the ones laughing the hardest at Skid and Mudflap. Go figure.
      Happened at my theatre too XD
      Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
      We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
      =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
      Garden Party - Dance, level 38

      Comment

      • MalReynolds
        CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
        • Sep 2003
        • 6571

        #33
        Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

        Getting kicked in the nuts is more interesting than the movie.
        "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

        "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


        My new novel:

        Maledictions: The Offering.

        Now in Paperback!

        Comment

        • MrRubix
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2026
          • 8340

          #34
          Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

          On a more general note, I mean, I'm all for "suspension of belief" when it comes to movies. I don't expect a movie to be realistic. But this movie doesn't require you to simply check your brain in at the door. It requires you to take out your brain, kill it, and puree it in a blender.

          -Like Mal said, wouldn't the energy signals of the girl be picked up?
          -I also wondered about the pyramid, Mal. Apparently all the explorers over the years totally missed the Tomb of the Primes in addition to the machine in the pyramid. WTF.
          -Why couldn't Bumblebee give Sam+Mikaela a ride to Optimus' body? I mean, the fact that they were basically running through the desert for an hour seemed completely inefficient.
          -Why couldn't Jetfire help provide some transportation, at that? He's a freaking jet. Who can TELEPORT.
          -I felt like it should have been easier for the Decepticons to stop Sam from getting to Optimus. Talk about epic fail. Why couldn't they just mass-attack and try to rip apart Optimus' body or something instead of wasting time finding Sam?
          -I find it funny how they have to go all the way to meet Simmons only to find that they consult the robot for further information THAT THEY'VE HAD IN THEIR POSSESSION THE WHOLE TIME. I just figured they would have interrogated the bot about those symbols first.
          -NO explanation for the "robot heaven" or why they were suddenly able to restore the Matrix. It felt like there was no point to the Matrix falling apart in the first place.
          -Why can the Fallen only be killed by a Prime? That made no sense to me either. He seemed to fall apart just like any other robot. He wasn't even that formidable of an opponent. He lasted maybe 20 seconds.
          -Again, why do we spend so much time with Skid and Mudflap? We have all these cool Autobots, and yet, we spend all this time with Jar Jar Binks and Co. WHY?!
          -WHY did we have to see clear up Simmons ass?! Needless.


          Everyone in my theater was more or less beaten into submission by the end of the movie. You're feel more glad that it's over than "Yeah! That was freaking awesome!" I had fun, but a lot of things could have done better. This film had a LOT more potential and I felt like the script and plot were made up as they went, resulting in a long, aimless 3 hour adventure.
          Last edited by MrRubix; 06-25-2009, 08:15 AM.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

          Comment

          • operationstrawbarry
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2004
            • 802

            #35
            Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

            HAHAHA the catiques and this thread is just awsome. I can't stop laughing.

            Magen Fox is hot as ****. YOu just need to be a guy or somewhat attracted to girls to understand it.

            Comment

            • MrRubix
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2026
              • 8340

              #36
              Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

              The best way I can summarize this film: It's like a porno, only you're forced to watch it for about an hour after you bust your nut. That seriously describes how I felt during this movie.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

              Comment

              • EnR
                Massive flaming dildos.
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2007
                • 8431

                #37
                Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                They're making a Transformers 3 apparently.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • MalReynolds
                  CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 6571

                  #38
                  Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                  Of course they are. Bay is allegedly not attached - he's tired of poor reviews and wants to do a movie of substance. They'll keep making movies that morons deem as "COMPLETELY AWESOME NUTSHOT OF DEVESTATOR" as long as morons continue to see them. I'm guilty, but I usually go to movies that are really bad anyway because they're funny - See: The Happening.

                  But this was just so bad it made me angry - See: Death Race with Chev Chelios.
                  "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                  "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                  My new novel:

                  Maledictions: The Offering.

                  Now in Paperback!

                  Comment

                  • MrRubix
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2026
                    • 8340

                    #39
                    Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                    "Paramount and DreamWorks have officially announced that they will be making Transformers 3, and releasing the film on Friday, July 1st 2011."

                    MIchael Bay: "I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots."

                    "LaBeouf said he expects a third "Transformers" would carry the action beyond Earth and become "more of an intergalactic thing."

                    My predictions:
                    -Megatron becomes Galvatron
                    -Unicron! How badass would that be?

                    I would hope that Bay would really take the criticisms of this film seriously. I don't want T3 to be another cockdump.
                    Last edited by MrRubix; 06-25-2009, 08:34 AM.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

                    Comment

                    • EnR
                      Massive flaming dildos.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 8431

                      #40
                      Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                      Apparently someone dies according to Shia, haha.

                      Is it just me and my friend Eric that, when we see a preview for Transformers we keep saying Shia LeBeouf's name in a french accent?
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • bluguerrilla
                        FFR Player
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 3966

                        #41
                        Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                        so wait it sounds worse than the first from what i've read in this thread

                        Comment

                        • MalReynolds
                          CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 6571

                          #42
                          Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                          The character that dies

                          is

                          SPOILER

                          Shia. He goes to heaven - I did you not - and it is full of robots that are like, it's not your time. Go back.

                          END SPOILER

                          What I also love is

                          in Transformers 1, Optimus was all IF YOU CANNOT DEFEAT MEGATRON, SHOVE THE CUBE INTO MY CHEST

                          and in Transformers 2, all of the ghost Primes go, YOU NEED TO SHOVE THIS MATRIX INTO OPTIMUS'S CHEST

                          What is it

                          with optimus

                          and getting things shoved in his chest

                          weirdo
                          "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                          "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                          My new novel:

                          Maledictions: The Offering.

                          Now in Paperback!

                          Comment

                          • MrRubix
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2026
                            • 8340

                            #43
                            Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                            Well, in the old Transformers animated movie with Unicron, a LOT of characters die. I know Megatron/Galvatron kills Starscream. Quite a few Autobots bite the bullet, though. However, I doubt they're going to kill Optimus again (he dies in the animated movie along with Ultra Magnus, Ironhide, etc). I suspect Unicron will kill Megatron/Galvatron and then the remaining Autobots will kill off Unicron.

                            In terms of Autobots, I would predict either Ironhide or Mikaela dies. Optimus already died, Shia already had a "death moment," and I doubt they're going to kill Bumblebee (that would be horrible!).

                            Why don't they just kill Skid and Mudflap from the getgo? That'll work. I was elated when Mudflap was sucked into Devastator. "Thank god he's gone!" Nope. He's STILL alive. ****.
                            Last edited by MrRubix; 06-25-2009, 09:08 AM.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

                            Comment

                            • MalReynolds
                              CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                              • Sep 2003
                              • 6571

                              #44
                              Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                              I think he was talking about TF2, as the script for T3 isn't even finished yet.
                              "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                              "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                              My new novel:

                              Maledictions: The Offering.

                              Now in Paperback!

                              Comment

                              • Adamaja456
                                Absurd
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 6433

                                #45
                                Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                                sometimes im glad i dont critique movies too in depth xD

                                seeems like the fights will be good, megan fox will be sexy, and there will be stupid one liners like the first. ill go see it today!


                                582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
                                602 AAAs(517+23+62)
                                People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
                                DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
                                ~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
                                4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
                                Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
                                dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)

                                Comment

                                Working...