Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gnr61
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Oct 2005
    • 7251

    #16
    Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

    terrible movie
    squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

    Comment

    • moches
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2005
      • 3996

      #17
      Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

      I love how critics always pan Transformers and the general public always love it.

      Enjoyed the first movie so I'll see this I guess.

      Comment

      • MrGiggles
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2005
        • 2846

        #18
        Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

        I just can't understand why they keep throwing the teenagers into the movie. I mean, okay, Megan Fox, but it just means less screentime for the things that actually matter.

        Like giant transforming robots.

        Some more screentime for other Autobots would be nice too. <3 Ironhide

        Comment

        • phe0nixblade
          Praise the sun mofo
          • Sep 2005
          • 4281

          #19
          Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

          decepticons
          \m/

          Comment

          • MrRubix
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2026
            • 8340

            #20
            Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

            Just got back. I had a good time, but the movie was not without a LOT of flaws. I probably wouldn't see it again.

            Pros:
            -Optimus kicks ass
            -Bumblebee kicks ass and uses his time to shine on multiple occasions
            -Jetfire kicks ass
            -Jetfire + Optimus = fkken tight
            -<3Ironhide
            -My campus!
            -There are some pretty sweet slow-motion Decepticon death scenes
            -They made Starscream very much like he was in the cartoon
            -I quite liked the epic fail with the taser
            -The fight scenes I actually enjoyed -- a lot of people thought they were hard to follow, but I didn't have much trouble with them. Fun scenes
            -Megan Fox
            -Megan Fox
            -Megan Fox

            Cons:
            -Devastator is really nothing like the old Devastator. They made him a huge, crippled slow machine that doesn't do a whole lot of damage, chokes on ****, and can't even climb up a pyramid without trouble. Oh, and he dies in basically one hit.
            -On THAT note, come on, they took out Devastator with one hit?! One hit?! You do not kill Devastator in one hit. Must be because it's a poser Devastator. The REAL Devastator would never stand for that **** and if push came to shove, he would take down half the Autobots along with him.
            -They gave Devastator balls for no other reason than to give Simmons an excuse to mention that he was below the scrotum. Way to totally ruin Devastator, guys.
            -The Fallen is a huge pussy and is largely underutilized.
            -Lots of cheesy one-liners, although some of them were effective
            -The pacing of the film was a bit weird. There's a huge lull in the middle of the film, basically. I felt like many parts could have been done a bit more quickly. How long does it take to freaking get Sam to Optimus' body?! Apparently half the movie. The middle third of the movie is basically devoted to setting up the last third.
            -Skid and Mudflap are a bit annoying. Would have liked more screentime devotion to Sideswipe or Ironhide.
            -A few of the gimmicky jokes I could have done without. The dog humping was totally unnecessary, as was the mini-transformer humping Megan Fox's leg. Come on, Michael Bay, keep that crap out of here
            -TONS of stereotypes. Jewish, midgets, black people... you name em, Bay's got something for you somewhere. While I don't personally care, I felt it was poor taste.
            -Not a whole lot of character development
            -No Rubix in sight There is a lot of footage that apparently did not make the final cut.
            Last edited by MrRubix; 06-25-2009, 08:04 AM.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

            Comment

            • jugglinguy
              Use me as a porta-potty
              • Dec 2006
              • 4319

              #21
              Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

              Originally posted by MrRubix
              -Megan Fox
              -Megan Fox
              -Megan Fox
              -TONS of stereotypes. Jewish, midgets, black people... you name em, Bay's got something for you somewhere. While I don't personally care, I felt it was poor taste.
              Thanks for typing the reasons I'd watch for me. =P
              Originally posted by Jem
              Jem is my name. No one else is the same!

              You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.

              Comment

              • UltraKrauser
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2009
                • 14

                #22
                Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                It's not really what I expected, but overall it's a good movie

                Comment

                • bluguerrilla
                  FFR Player
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3966

                  #23
                  Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                  Is it better than the first?

                  Comment

                  • STD_Sappy
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 728

                    #24
                    Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                    I saw it at 12:01. It was legit. Megan Fox was beautiful.
                    Number of AAA's: 649?
                    Number of FC's: 700 something
                    Best AAA: Epidermis, Heavenly Spores
                    Join Date: March 12th, 2008.


                    Sappy.


                    Originally posted by Superfreak04
                    He's Sappy.... He deserves his own thread.
                    Originally posted by DarknessXoXLight
                    Amen.
                    Because he's so well known. ;]
                    Lol, I love these people. <3

                    Comment

                    • _Southking
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 1

                      #25
                      Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                      YAY! CONSTRUCTACONS!!!! AWESOME NOW WE CAN SEE THEM combine into DISTRUCTACON! I KNOW I DIDNT SPELL THEM RIGHT! : P AND I HEARD THIS fROM ONE OF MY MANY SOURCES.
                      817_STUNT_MEN_CREW

                      Comment

                      • super kid
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 1359

                        #26
                        Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                        I highly enjoyed Skid and Mudflap in this movie. I really liked how optimus kicks ass more than he did in the first one.
                        Originally posted by KgZ
                        next time instead of trying to talk to the girl acting like a sketchball just whip your dick and stick it in her mouth; dont even say anything

                        Comment

                        • Bill Kaulitz
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 467

                          #27
                          Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                          I'm going to see it tomorrow.


                          ♪ ♥ ♥ ♪


                          Comment

                          • NFD
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2007
                            • 4715

                            #28
                            Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                            Rubix'll be in the Director's Cut.

                            Comment

                            • MalReynolds
                              CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                              • Sep 2003
                              • 6571

                              #29
                              Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                              HERE THERE BE SPOILERS

                              Awful. Piece of ****.

                              But since the first movie is one of the worst films I've ever seen, I wasn't expecting much. This film FAILED so hard.

                              Negative points:

                              - The Twins, Mudflap and ****face, two robots that have distinctly... 'ethnic' voices, gold teeth... That can't read. That was wonderful.
                              - Heaven being full of giant robots that can, in our realm, restore objects to real form.
                              - A giant robot having testicles for nothing more than a joke.
                              - Sam's mom getting high for a joke.
                              - 90% OF the jokes not working.
                              - Almost 3 hours.
                              - Not enough robots fighting.
                              - Decepticon Girl trying to seduce Sam - he doesn't notice that she is made out of machine.
                              - Stupid inter-relationship tension between Sam and Mikela.
                              - Mikela's father getting introduced only to have no bearing on the plot.
                              - Sam's parents getting kidnapped.
                              - Sam's parents.
                              - Sam (Nothing against Shia, I thought he was great - the character was not.)
                              - The script.
                              - Toy truck robot ****ing Megan Fox's foot.

                              On the plus side,

                              + Jetfire was pretty funny.
                              + I could tell what was going on in the fights this time.

                              I was disappointed, because it starts really cool - the 30 minute battle in Shanghai, then the inter-political stuff that makes Obama look like a sissy for taking over NEST via that nebbish government worker, but then things went down hill when Sam and Mikela came on screen.

                              The movie just blew. It appealed to the lower common denominator by having more ball-and-**** jokes than I could count, and tried to appeal to people with higher brain functions with the Sam-Mikela relationship problems, but it just. ****ing. Failed.

                              And WHY does every movie have to have a bull**** riddle like "In the land of kings, where on earth does the sand meet shore-space" only for a character to realize, almost too late, that that means "THE 7-11! OF COURSE!"

                              Also lol no one noticed a huge machine under one of the pyramids of Egypt GOOD JOB, WORLD.

                              I could go on, but I don't want to.

                              EDIT: Also, wouldn't Bumblebee have noticed 'Alice' was a Decepticon? Also, all the Decepticons give off radiation, as John Turturro showed, so does that mean Sam is going to get cancer? Is that the curse of the Primes? Awful movie, insulting the intelligences of people everywhere.

                              HERE END THE SPOILERS

                              And if you ENJOYED Skidflap and Mudface, then good for you. You enjoy low-ball racist stereotypes about black people that made me cringe.
                              "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                              "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                              My new novel:

                              Maledictions: The Offering.

                              Now in Paperback!

                              Comment

                              • MrRubix
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2026
                                • 8340

                                #30
                                Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

                                The thing I found interesting was that the black audience in my theater were the ones laughing the hardest at Skid and Mudflap. Go figure.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

                                Comment

                                Working...