pokemon or yu-gi-oh

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TEENxxHEAT
    FFR Player
    • Jun 2006
    • 23

    #76
    Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

    Originally posted by Wootsicle
    Where is the neither option? >.<
    I guess it's more like, "if you had to choose, which one would it be?" sort of question.


    ^myspace.

    Comment

    • x6tence
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2006
      • 273

      #77
      Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

      Originally posted by soulofcerberus
      I SAID I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

      <edit> nice avatar
      its ok *cough* *power rangers*

      yeah,the avatar is from Hokuto No Ken (fist of the north star)

      Comment

      • -paexaea-
        Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
        • Apr 2007
        • 4611

        #78
        Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

        I played Pokemon first, so it wins. I really play it for the RPG aspect of it, not the storyline, albeit it's very amusing to listen to.

        Yu-Gi-Oh has gotten EXTREMELY gay. Once again, EXTREMELY GAY. I played it when I was in middle school. Never again.
        See you, Space Cowboy.

        Comment

        • Kamunt
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 372

          #79
          Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

          Originally posted by x6tence
          yep me too. I think his name was Gabumon.
          That would be Agumon. Gabumon was definitely not an orange mini-T-rex--he was the horned wolf-thing with the fur coat-thing, Matt's partner. And for Mew's sake, people, stop freaking saying that Digimon is a "cheap knock-off" of Pokémon, because you sound retarded. If Digimon is such a cheap knock-off, then why is it still going on, huh? Why does it still exist if it's a cheap knock-off? Because last I checked, most "knock-off" ideas don't last nearly as long as the original, or at least never have anywhere as close of a following as the original. Dungeons & Dragons--what other tabletop RPG has ever been as successful? Magic: The Gathering--what TCG has ever had the longevity or left legacy? Pokémon Red & Blue/Green--what other video game released in different "versions" have ever been even remotely successful?* Yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh! still exists both as a card game and anime (is GX still being made in Japan? *shrugs*). But the popularity of the card game has depreciated considerably in the past 2 years or so, at least around where I live. It's popularity is still rapidly dropping; yet in Japan, Digimon Savers, the latest anime (Season 5, I believe?) has started being produced, and I've started watching it...and honestly, it's really good. Maybe not as good as 1, but it's so different in terms of feel, look, themes, characters, etc. that it's difficult to compare 5 to any of the others. At the very least, for those of you who didn't like 3-4, Savers is very refreshingly different, with a far more in-your-face kind of protagonist, too. :3 (That's right--protagonist.) Seems like a winnar so far to me.

          But anywho. I voted for Pokémon AND Yu-Gi-Oh! because I am an American cowboy. I think I like Pokémon better, but both are cool in their own "special ways". Pokémon Diamond & Pearl win to the infinity, by the way, because digging underground and setting traps that explode into flames when you or your friends step on them is so hard-frickin'-core. That and Sinnoh is the most expansive and in-depth region of Pokémon I have ever had the pleasure of exploring to date. SO MANY POKEYMANS, SO LIL TIME. As for Yu-Gi-Oh!, it has Egypt, and Egypt has sand, and sand gets in my shoes and frickin' pisses me the hell off, and my shoes are re...where was I going with this, again? ...W-Whatever, Yu-Gi-Oh! has it's pros, too OK!?

          Originally posted by soulofcerberus
          Yea it was... I'm gonna keep shut now about my extensive knowledge of that show...

          No I do not watch it weekday nights at 11... I don't know what you're talking about
          Last edited by Kamunt; 06-27-2007, 11:27 PM. Reason: TARDIS.
          Professional Dubstep Hater

          Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?

          Comment

          • TEENxxHEAT
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2006
            • 23

            #80
            Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

            Originally posted by Kamunt
            That would be Agumon. Gabumon was definitely not an orange mini-T-rex--he was the horned wolf-thing with the fur coat-thing, Matt's partner. And for Mew's sake, people, stop freaking saying that Digimon is a "cheap knock-off" of Pokémon, because you sound retarded. If Digimon is such a cheap knock-off, then why is it still going on, huh? Why does it still exist if it's a cheap knock-off? Because last I checked, most "knock-off" ideas don't last nearly as long as the original, or at least never have anywhere as close of a following as the original. Dungeons & Dragons--what other tabletop RPG has ever been as successful? Magic: The Gathering--what TCG has ever had the longevity or left legacy? Pokémon Red & Blue/Green--what other video game released in different "versions" have ever been even remotely successful?* Yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh! still exists both as a card game and anime (is GX still being made in Japan? *shrugs*). But the popularity of the card game has depreciated considerably in the past 2 years or so, at least around where I live. It's popularity is still rapidly dropping; yet in Japan, Digimon Savers, the latest anime (Season 5, I believe?) has started being produced, and I've started watching it...and honestly, it's really good. Maybe not as good as 1, but it's so different in terms of feel, look, themes, characters, etc. that it's difficult to compare 5 to any of the others. At the very least, for those of you who didn't like 3-4, Savers is very refreshingly different, with a far more in-your-face kind of protagonist, too. :3 (That's right--protagonist.) Seems like a winnar so far to me.

            But anywho. I voted for Pokémon AND Yu-Gi-Oh! because I am an American cowboy. I think I like Pokémon better, but both are cool in their own "special ways". Pokémon Diamond & Pearl win to the infinity, by the way, because digging underground and setting traps that explode into flames when you or your friends step on them is so hard-frickin'-core. That and Sinnoh is the most expansive and in-depth region of Pokémon I have ever had the pleasure of exploring to date. SO MANY POKEYMANS, SO LIL TIME. As for Yu-Gi-Oh!, it has Egypt, and Egypt has sand, and sand gets in my shoes and frickin' pisses me the hell off, and my shoes are re...where was I going with this, again? ...W-Whatever, Yu-Gi-Oh! has it's pros, too OK!?



            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjxHDwLwA8

            God damn, i am NOT reading all that. somewhere in there you get all defensive of me calling Digimon a cheap rip-off of pokemon or something. Okay, first of all Pokemon came out first, the people who created Digimon couldn't even be creative enough to come up with the second half of the word so they just used "mon" as if people wouldn't notice or something.

            Sweet if Digimon is still on! So what?
            So is "That's So Raven" on the Disney Channel, and that show blows.

            I didn't come here to argue with you, just state an opinion so need to go on some mad defensive rampage on me.


            ^myspace.

            Comment

            • soulofcerberus
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2006
              • 367

              #81
              Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

              I kept reading it as agumon... how did i not notice that??

              Wargreymon was the ****.

              So was Lucemon

              Comment

              • Kamunt
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 372

                #82
                Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

                Originally posted by TEENxxHEAT
                God damn, i am NOT reading all that. somewhere in there you get all defensive of me calling Digimon a cheap rip-off of pokemon or something. Okay, first of all Pokemon came out first, the people who created Digimon couldn't even be creative enough to come up with the second half of the word so they just used "mon" as if people wouldn't notice or something.

                Sweet if Digimon is still on! So what?
                So is "That's So Raven" on the Disney Channel, and that show blows.

                I didn't come here to argue with you, just state an opinion so need to go on some mad defensive rampage on me.
                OK. That's nice. *blinks* .....Za? I don't ever recall doing anything of the sort there, Miss... Are you trying to tell me, though, that just because Pokémon came out first, anything that comes out afterwards that's even remotely similar is a total rip-off and utterly lacking in the creativity department? Pheh, then I guess one could also say that The Matrix trilogy (and then some) was unoriginal, as well. Tee-hee, Shadowrun. But that's off-topic and very much so. Pokémon, Digimon & Yu-Gi-Oh! all have their places deep within the cawkles of my heart and soul...I mean come on: I've got 3 of them, it's not like I wouldn't have enough room or something.

                Originally posted by soulofcerberus
                I kept reading it as agumon... how did i not notice that??

                Wargreymon was the ****.

                So was Lucemon
                Dude, yeah yeah!! Angemon just rocked everyone's faces off, though: GATE OF DESTINY, end of story. Enuff said, bai-bai, sayonara, PEESE IN DA HOOD COUS', you dead.
                Last edited by Kamunt; 06-27-2007, 11:56 PM.
                Professional Dubstep Hater

                Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?

                Comment

                • Yoshiisland
                  FFR R1 Pikachu
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 953

                  #83
                  Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

                  Well, on my side, Pokemon is the best. Not only the anime, nt the games, everything they done.

                  Yu-Gi-Oh its so tedious now. I saw a huge group of kids who were big time fans, moved on from Yu-Gi-oh. To me, Yu-Gi-oh is all about the cards! Cards, cards, cards. SO as a result, they didn't get me, and lost some of its fellow fans.

                  Pokemon, on the other hand, is one of the classic cartoons. Its been stood for a very long time. Most people on my blocked who quited Yu-Gi-oh, goes on to Pokemon. And I personally enjoy Pokemon. From the games, to the cartoons, I say Pokemon is best for me. Even though, Pokemon changed their voice, I still find ways to enjoy Pokemon, the games, almost everything. Heck, I shown FFR that I'm a Pokemon fan.

                  So yeah, thats why I like Pokemon better. Any questions?

                  Comment

                  • jchinzilla
                    i like cheese
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 2106

                    #84
                    Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

                    Originally posted by blahman12
                    I pick pokemon, since it is more realistic. But it goes with a hard choice with yu-gi-oh, I pick............ both!!
                    ...lol what? neither are realistic at all.

                    Comment

                    • soulofcerberus
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 367

                      #85
                      Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

                      Yea angemon was da bomb.

                      Seraphimon fo sho

                      and Cherubimon was cute... for a manic demon possessed giant bunny angel

                      Comment

                      • Conorn
                        Lord of the Tea Republic
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 856

                        #86
                        Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

                        Pokemon!!
                        Yep.

                        Comment

                        • Kamunt
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 372

                          #87
                          Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

                          Originally posted by Yoshiisland
                          Well, on my side, Pokemon is the best. Not only the anime, nt the games, everything they done.

                          /textage
                          *looks at your avatar* So...you like Pokémon better, huh? Never would've guess that.

                          and This is why I walk and talk this way!
                          Professional Dubstep Hater

                          Last edited by Omeganitros : Today at 01:46 AM. Reason: What the hell were you thinking?

                          Comment

                          • jayman144
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2006
                            • 11

                            #88
                            Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

                            pokemon all the way!

                            Comment

                            • TEENxxHEAT
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2006
                              • 23

                              #89
                              Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

                              Originally posted by Kamunt
                              OK. That's nice. *blinks* .....Za? I don't ever recall doing anything of the sort there, Miss... Are you trying to tell me, though, that just because Pokémon came out first, anything that comes out afterwards that's even remotely similar is a total rip-off and utterly lacking in the creativity department?
                              Well considering Digimon is really the only remotely similar cartoon that came out after Pokemon(that i'm aware of), then yes.
                              I'm not too familiar with Digimon, although I'm aware it has little creatures roaming around similar to pokemon, but can talk.

                              Seriously though,
                              Pokemon, pocket monsters.
                              Digimon, digital monsters.

                              The names even say enough.

                              And you can go write paragaphs about paragraphs explaining your infactuaction and determination to defend your beloved digimon, but somehow arguing over little kids cartoon shows really doesn't phase me.

                              *blinks*


                              ^myspace.

                              Comment

                              • Emu Hater
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 230

                                #90
                                Re: pokemon or yu-gi-oh

                                Digimon's 1st season blows pokemon out of the water. It sucks that they had to kill it by making the rest of the series suck horridly. As for Yu-Gi-Oh, I cant put up with that annoying repetitive dialoge without banging my head against a wall.



                                Tier Points: 270 (261 + 9 for 285 AAAs)

                                Comment

                                Working...