Rah Xephon

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Demon_Of_The_Comet
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2004
    • 888

    #16
    Re: Rah Xephon

    Originally posted by Squeek
    No, uh, I finished it.

    I still have absolutely no idea.

    I'm not the kind of person who watches a show to figure out what happens next. I don't analyze anime. If they don't TRY to explain it to me or help me at all, I won't get it. Heck, I didn't even realize the biblical ties in Evangelion until someone told me.
    Damn, that's either really dense or an extreme lack of care. How couldn't you see the biblical ties?

    Btw, Eureka Seven IS ****, the whole anime ranks down there with Naruto. Eva was pretty good for the fact that not many people could understand it, and the two most whored out girls in hentai, almost. Rah Xephon was.....pretty ok but not something I'd watch 30 times until the DVD broke.
    wtf is a nooblet
    Originally posted by jewpinthethird
    If you are part of the 2% that isn\'t a ***got, put this in your profile.
    Originally posted by white_boy
    firemon is in the top 10 sm list...dont talk (#$% to him.

    Comment

    • Moogy
      嗚呼
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2003
      • 10303

      #17
      Re: Rah Xephon

      In the very first episode of Eureka seveN, at the very beginning, Stoner mentions that the characters and feelings you take away from stories are more important than the narrative itself.

      Apply this mentality to the entire series and you'll see why E7 is my favorite series. Don't try to overanalyze it.
      Plz visit my blog

      ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

      Comment

      • Squeek
        let it snow~
        • Jan 2004
        • 14444

        #18
        Re: Rah Xephon

        Originally posted by Demon_Of_The_Comet
        Damn, that's either really dense or an extreme lack of care. How couldn't you see the biblical ties?
        Excuse me for thinking a show might want to just be about giant fighting robots for once.

        Comment

        • lord_carbo
          FFR Player
          • Dec 2004
          • 6222

          #19
          Re: Rah Xephon

          Originally posted by Squeek
          I still have no idea what the heck caused the summer(s) of love. I have no idea what they even were. I have no idea why Eureka walked into a tree and why that was bad. I have no idea why she almost died from doing it. I have no idea why it was a big deal. I have no idea why renton was tripping in that house.

          Things pile up and I stop caring about it to like the show anymore.
          Lmao

          Originally posted by SethSquall
          Renton tripping in that house was very EVA like.
          Yeah but it was better than anything "EVA like."

          Originally posted by Squeek
          Excuse me for thinking a show might want to just be about giant fighting robots for once.
          Yeah, mecha attract a weird audience, thanks more or less to Evangelion. Let's see, there's Big O, Escaflowne, E7, RahXephon, Evaneglion of course, etc. But if you want **** without really abstract and trippy plotlines, you could always settle for Gundam rofl.
          Last edited by lord_carbo; 01-18-2007, 01:37 PM.
          last.fm

          Comment

          • SethSquall
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2004
            • 5477

            #20
            Re: Rah Xephon

            Gundam Wing was all right for just Giant Robot anime. There's the whole philosophy of war in the anime, you can easily ignore that though.

            Endless Waltz is good as well. You can just watch the action, ignore the story, if won't make any difference.
            Originally posted by Tibs
            I love you, you Welsh ****

            Comment

            • Squeek
              let it snow~
              • Jan 2004
              • 14444

              #21
              Re: Rah Xephon

              Escaflowne: halfway decent. No real trippy things here. Just a slow-paced storyline and Merle. And the movie that I rated the lowest of everything I've ever seen. Ever. Including Inuyasha. LOWER THAN INUYASHA.

              Eureka Seven: I don't even know if I watched it. If I had to describe the show to someone, I'd be like "..."

              Evangelion: BLARGH ROBOTS O NO DAD ACCEPT ME EMO EMO EMO AH ASUKA YOU'RE MEAN OMG REI ISN'T HUMAN REDEVELOPMENT PROJECTTTTTTTTTTTTTT it's over.

              Big O: Actually not bad, but I have no interest in continuing to watch it.

              Gundam: Saw it when I was younger. Looked like crap. No interest.

              There's also Dual! Parallel Trouble, which wasn't nearly as bad, but still really boring.

              And Nadesico, which was also really boring. And you could kinda consider Scrapped Princess to be one, but that also sucked.

              I don't know why I keep watching mecha anime thinking it'll be good.

              Comment

              • jewpinthethird
                (The Fat's Sabobah)
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2002
                • 11711

                #22
                Re: Rah Xephon

                Eva's aren't robots, sorry.

                Comment

                • Squeek
                  let it snow~
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 14444

                  #23
                  Re: Rah Xephon

                  Wait.

                  What?

                  Comment

                  • Tasuke
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 1671

                    #24
                    Re: Rah Xephon

                    I liked Rahxephon. I really didn't understand most of it until the very end.
                    And even then, I'd still have trouble explaining what it was about, or wat happened.

                    Comment

                    • jewpinthethird
                      (The Fat's Sabobah)
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Nov 2002
                      • 11711

                      #25
                      Re: Rah Xephon

                      Originally posted by Squeek
                      Wait.

                      What?
                      Eva's aren't robots. They are organic. So are the Angels that they fight.

                      Comment

                      • Demon_Of_The_Comet
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2004
                        • 888

                        #26
                        Re: Rah Xephon

                        rofl Squeek, did you miss that part too?
                        wtf is a nooblet
                        Originally posted by jewpinthethird
                        If you are part of the 2% that isn\'t a ***got, put this in your profile.
                        Originally posted by white_boy
                        firemon is in the top 10 sm list...dont talk (#$% to him.

                        Comment

                        • Moogy
                          嗚呼
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 10303

                          #27
                          Re: Rah Xephon

                          Originally posted by Squeek
                          Eureka Seven: I don't even know if I watched it. If I had to describe the show to someone, I'd be like "..."


                          No, I didn't write that page. Surprisingly.
                          Plz visit my blog

                          ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                          Comment

                          • Squeek
                            let it snow~
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 14444

                            #28
                            Re: Rah Xephon

                            Originally posted by Demon_Of_The_Comet
                            rofl Squeek, did you miss that part too?
                            It's not that I missed it.

                            It's that I just don't care.

                            Like I said, I'm not the type of person to listen carefully during a show. I like a show where there's an underlying mystery or whatever to solve, but I like it more when it actually gets solved.

                            ps moogy, I mean like a one-sentence thing. Not twenty pages.
                            Last edited by Squeek; 01-19-2007, 09:37 AM.

                            Comment

                            • SethSquall
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2004
                              • 5477

                              #29
                              Re: Rah Xephon

                              Jewpin. Heres a challenge. You have to skin up whilst watching the elevator scene. Also try the scene where that main guy person is holding that other guy with the Eva, then pops him.
                              Originally posted by Tibs
                              I love you, you Welsh ****

                              Comment

                              • Chromer
                                Hookers and Blow
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 4981

                                #30
                                Re: Rah Xephon

                                Seth: Wtf? Are you talking about the part when Shinji was being held up by Kaoru in End of Evangelion or the part where Unit 01 picks up Gendo and bites his head off?

                                Jewpin: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=35156

                                You forgot that thread too.

                                IMO, RahXephon (no space), was almost on par with Eva but the movie was a lot better. =P

                                Comment

                                Working...