Watch One Piece.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HeartSanji
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2007
    • 3

    #151
    Re: Watch One Piece.

    Originally posted by SethSquall
    Lmao @ HeartSanji.

    I just noticed. When I watched One Piece today I realised Im on an episode that I saw like ages ago on TV and went "what the hells this crap?"
    See? See?! xD
    I did that for the three episodes I saw in English, when I started in Japanese. I got to them and went.. Ew.. I remember that... It's soo much better that it's actually quite ridiculous.

    Oh and I edited my blunder. Sorry about that spoiler bit I had in my last post. I wasn't even thinking apparently. >__<

    Also, I got to see the next episode finally, last night. And I hate Nami even more than usual.. Y__Y Well. I always hate her, but I like.. REALLY dun like her at the moment. She let things happen that shouldna have happened.
    Last edited by HeartSanji; 03-1-2007, 07:05 PM.
    Things I discovered about One Piece:
    Zoro is not pronounced Zolo.
    Sanji is not a thirty year old man from Brooklyn with a head cold.
    Nor does he have a lollipop.
    Nami is still an evil b*tch to Sanji.
    Luffy is not a total dimwit. (He has his moments.. but he actually CAN grasp concepts.)
    Gum is to be chewed. Gomu is to be stretched.
    The openings are NOT cheesy rap. What the hell.
    Robin is NOT a Georgian bell of the ball.
    There are dark and sinister plots/people in the world.

    Comment

    • tsugomaru
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2004
      • 3962

      #152
      Re: Watch One Piece.

      Originally posted by HansSky
      That will be a really long wait.
      It is. =[

      ~Tsugomaru
      Originally posted by Hiluluk
      WHEN do you think people die...?
      When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
      When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
      When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
      IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

      Comment

      • Billydude
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2006
        • 880

        #153
        Re: Watch One Piece.

        Nice sig HeartSanji. XD

        Originally posted by Chrissi
        If you eat a pizza it does not give you the urge to fly a kite.
        Originally posted by beaner692
        What if Billy talked to her? hes irrisistable

        Comment

        • Squeek
          let it snow~
          • Jan 2004
          • 14444

          #154
          Re: Watch One Piece.

          Tsug, I highly recommend ignoring Kaizoku in terms of first-time watching and just going with other subbers to catch up.

          Balkongo is the "worst" of the group and since KF just got up to 216, there're only 3 episodes from them. I say "worst" because they have very basic subs. The translation is spot-on. The quality is just as good as K-F. There's really no difference aside from moves-fonts and such.

          Next is GeruSama, who again uses a font I disagree with, but overall their translations are very well-done. They'll take you up to 250-ish, where ADC-Elites take over. ADC is on-par with K-F. Move names, fonts, proper translations and all. They take you up to the current episodes.

          Here's what I did: Watch up to the current episode regardless of subber, but keep KF for future viewing. Trust me, I had it so much worse than you did. For the entire Skypiea arc, I had to use a subber known as Hell-Fansubs. The quality of the episode was poor at best. The subtitles were WAY off. They didn't even get the names right. Especially sad since they appeared in the ED of some of the episodes they subbed. It was as bad as: Sanji = Haingis / Chopper = Job.

          Yeah, it was that bad. And the sentence-to-sentence translations were worse. And I STILL went through it all because it was SO AMAZING.

          Then I re-watched it with K-F and was like "oh that's why ---- happened rofl missed that one"

          But seriously, the three subbers that take the 200+ episodes do a great job. Also, the manga misses out on a few great episodes, especially in the current arc that K-F is subbing. I won't go into details, but there are 6 games in the show and 3 in the manga.

          Comment

          • HansSky
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2003
            • 1925

            #155
            Re: Watch One Piece.

            You know, I was pretty upset during the 10ish episode string where Chopper's voice actor got replaced. I really thought it was the perfect voice for Chopper. But then I researched it a little bit and found out that the originial voice actor took a 5 month leave because she got pregnant. Then I watched the next episode and was very pleased to find out that she came back.

            ps episode 267 then after I get to 299/300(depending on how fast I move) then I'll start reading the manga where I left off

            pps hey gimme a good site to get the manga so i dont have to look gr8 luv u guys
            hi

            Comment

            • FoJaR
              The Worst
              • Nov 2005
              • 2816

              #156
              Re: Watch One Piece.

              i'm sticking with K-F, kinda lame i know, but i think the only other fansub i was able to find when i tried going past where K-F was (balls in sky arc) (trying to be as cryptic as possible) hell fansubs.

              i cried, scrubbed my eyes, peed in my eyes (pee is sterile) cried pee and swore i'd only watch K-F from then on.

              Comment

              • Squeek
                let it snow~
                • Jan 2004
                • 14444

                #157
                Re: Watch One Piece.

                Hell-HK was the worst fansub team in the history of ever.

                Trust me, Balkongo / GeruSama / ADC-Elites / VegaPunk are high-quality releases with proper translations.

                ps - I got to thinking. Since 4kids dropped their license, does that mean the games released over here won't be full of incredible suck anymore? There's a Wii One Piece in the works and I kinda want it =x

                Comment

                • Eyoshi
                  Certified Calendarwhore
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 1044

                  #158
                  Re: Watch One Piece.

                  Originally posted by Squeek
                  ps - I got to thinking. Since 4kids dropped their license, does that mean the games released over here won't be full of incredible suck anymore? There's a Wii One Piece in the works and I kinda want it =x
                  I'm pretty sure that was just a rumor. From one of the posts I read on a forum, it appeared that the Viz representative at the ComicCon had no information that the license was dropped.

                  Comment

                  • Squeek
                    let it snow~
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 14444

                    #159
                    Re: Watch One Piece.

                    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ece-production

                    Viz != 4kids.

                    It was never official, but it happened.

                    Comment

                    • JangBoGo
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 12

                      #160
                      Re: Watch One Piece.

                      I watch it in Korean subs.... cant wait till one piece # 300!!!!!!!

                      Comment

                      • Thuaners
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 1

                        #161
                        Re: Watch One Piece.

                        thanks for making this post, its so true i was one of those people who saw one piece and didn't think much of it at first. my friend showed it to me and said it was one of his favourite animes.. and i didn't think much of it.

                        then i started watching the 4kids version on tv since it was on when i had breakfast.. and after a week or so, started to get into this show.. luffy's personality is so cool

                        then my friend told me the japanese original subbed one piece is a lot better.. and i said really? its already pretty good (*ahem yeah i know.. now i know better! :P)...

                        so i decided to give the jap version a go.. and omg.. it was waaaaay better watching the arlong bit with the 4kids version.. i didn't really like that whole arc much... but watching it with the japanese version... it was amazing... thats the arc that made me a huge one piece fan... and then it stayed good.. then the aribasta arc... yikes.. that was awesome!

                        now i'm a huge one piece fan.. and i cant believe that at one stage i couldn't be bothered watching it. i'm glad that you've made this post, cos if it gets some people to give it a go.. then its gonna be great cos the thing is one piece is so fun to watch.. dont let the number of episodes put you off.. i read somewhere that someone said once said this is how it is with one piece

                        (before you start)
                        oh man.. 260 episodes.. jeez

                        (after you start watching)
                        damn! there's only 260 episodes?

                        and thats how i feel right now.. 300 episodes doesn't feel like enough! i'm enjoying watching like 10 or more episodes a day hehe

                        okay i just wanna put down some reasons i can think of why i like one piece so much:
                        its so original... the characters and enemies are so fresh.. everything about it is sooo original..
                        its sooo funny. i'm watching kaizoku fansubs version at the moment, so i cant say about the other subs but it really is very funny.. the crew is so cool together
                        its VERY fun and entertaining
                        luffy is too damn cool and so are the other characters too, but luffy is my favourite.. especially when he gets serious and is set on kicking someone's ass
                        i could go on.. but you get the idea
                        so yeah, if you haven't watched one piece yet, give it a try.. and just keep watching.. it might take up to episode 80 or 90.. (probably earlier).. but it just gets better and better.

                        Comment

                        • Engler
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 2340

                          #162
                          Re: Watch One Piece.

                          10 episodes a day? That's like 5 hours of One Piece.I've never been so addicted to a show since the time that Pokemon was cool.

                          Comment

                          • tsugomaru
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2004
                            • 3962

                            #163
                            Re: Watch One Piece.

                            Each episode is 20 minutes if you skip the opening and ending songs. That's 3 hours and 20 minutes for 10 episodes. I don't get how you have 5 hours for 10. >>;

                            ~Tsugomaru
                            Originally posted by Hiluluk
                            WHEN do you think people die...?
                            When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
                            When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
                            When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
                            IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

                            Comment

                            • Squeek
                              let it snow~
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 14444

                              #164
                              Re: Watch One Piece.

                              Most people are under the assumption that a show that runs from, say, 9:00 to 9:30 is half an hour long.

                              Most people don't factor in commercials, opening credits, and closing credits.

                              Comment

                              • FaintScent
                                FFR Player
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 43

                                #165
                                Re: Watch One Piece.

                                Dubbed version of ONE PIECE iss bbadddd!
                                I prefer to read the manga!
                                ♥-~٭~-♥
                                We're losing daylight but I cant work any faster.
                                Under the veil of dusk we go on,
                                Don’t close your eyes.
                                What if it all disappears in the shadows that reach from the stars?

                                If I held my ground would you ask me to change?
                                This drought bleeds on now we're dancing for rain
                                We drink the air but it’s still not the same
                                These worlds collide but the distance remains
                                We point the finger, never accept the blame and I know. I know

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...