Best Guitar Solo in a song

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tps222
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2004
    • 6169

    #46
    Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

    Originally posted by sockwats
    and i guess slash but hes not as good as any of the above
    Blasphemy. Slash's sound is unique to most other guitarists. I put him up there with Hendrix, although he wasn't as revolutionary. Listen to slash in Paradise City, Sweet Child O Mine, Godfather Theme, Welcome to the Jungle, and Knocking on Heaven's Door. Perfection.

    Comment

    • Hr2
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2005
      • 2350

      #47
      Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

      Uh not listening to Al Di Meola is blasphemy, you guys obviously haven't or you would have said something.

      Comment

      • sockwars11
        FFR Player
        • Feb 2006
        • 98

        #48
        Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

        Originally posted by Tps222
        Blasphemy. Slash's sound is unique to most other guitarists. I put him up there with Hendrix, although he wasn't as revolutionary. Listen to slash in Paradise City, Sweet Child O Mine, Godfather Theme, Welcome to the Jungle, and Knocking on Heaven's Door. Perfection.
        a. if you havent heard all of the songs listed above you shouldnt be posting here

        b. Slash has talent and is fairly unique but not in the way that any of the other guys i listed above him, take nothing away he is an amazing gitarist.

        i love fuses "f-list" of guitar gods with slash first and like tom morello 3rd and the rest were current **** bags of the guitar
        my mom tells me i should join the circus as the perfect human... i think i might

        Comment

        • scorpio1690
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2003
          • 4817

          #49
          Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

          Originally posted by Hr2
          Stop listening to Rhapsody, almost comparing to Rhapsody means you are really terrible.

          But Avenged Sevenfold is really terrible, so the description is accurate.
          Okay give me a solid example of why they're terrible. Their new stuff I like, their second album is pretty good, but I don't listen to their first album. Give me evidence to back up your statement and don't give me some bull**** generic response.
          Last edited by scorpio1690; 03-28-2006, 05:54 PM.

          Comment

          • Hr2
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2005
            • 2350

            #50
            Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

            Bull**** generic response.

            Comment

            • Cj_leonine
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2005
              • 2070

              #51
              Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

              Dream Theater. I don't know the name of the song.
              Status: Innactive Onehander

              Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night

              Comment

              • scorpio1690
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2003
                • 4817

                #52
                Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

                Layla by Derek and the Dominoes.

                Comment

                • Verruckter
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 2707

                  #53
                  Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

                  Originally posted by Hr2
                  Bull**** generic response.
                  Ah yes, like everyone else, you've listened to one or two stepfiles once and decided they were **** because 2 songs are popular in the Stepmania scene. Very rich.

                  EDIT: leonine, just about any song from DT has a really good solo (well from what I've heard). They got some good instrumentals too, like Erotomania and Acid Rain.
                  Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
                  Image removed for size violation.

                  Comment

                  • Hr2
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 2350

                    #54
                    Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

                    Ok, there have been like 20 Rhapsody files, I've probably played most of them at least once. By the way, they were all terrible songs, I hate the genre. Avenged Sevenfold I've heard a bit of, and it was crap. ALSO, judging by the band shirts people at my school who like Avenged Sevenfold wear, there is no way in hell I'd like them.

                    Dream Theater is a cool band, they are all very talented, although sometimes a bit of musicality gets lost in the pursuit of speed, for the most part they keep it real. I've seen them live once, they put on a GREAT show. I reccomend anyone who even remotely likes them go see them if they can live, because their live performances are twice as good as their studio cds, and their live CDs are better than the studio CDs.

                    For me there are two ways to make music, playing songs and playing instruments. If you can pick up your instrument and just play something right there, you know how to play an instrument. Dream Theater is certainly a band that can do that (I have seen it :P), they are cool.

                    Best guitar solos though? I dunno, Petrucci is one of the best out there and can play in any time signature he wants, but technicality isn't the only thing I look for in a guitar solo. REGARDLESS, they are great solos.

                    ps: I have weird theories about music, the music I like. Therefore I can tell if I'll like a band quite quickly! Yes, hearing two or three songs is enough for me to tell if I will dislike them. I dislike most bands, in a sense that there are so many garbage bands. Even though I listen to probably over 100 different bands and have a far wider range in tastes than most people (for example, I like death metal, classical, jazz, progressive rock, indie, IDM, speedcore... You get the picture, but in each of those genres I choose carefully what I like.)
                    Last edited by Hr2; 03-29-2006, 07:15 PM.

                    Comment

                    • mattyohh
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 349

                      #55
                      Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

                      The Solo From November Rain - Guns N Roses, Slash is god
                      and i have a Avenged Sevenfold shirt but they're uncool here and your a 'emo ***' if you have them
                      Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
                      You are banned from the Garbage Bin until January 1st, 2007. Don't worry, I usually let people out of their sentences early if they have good behavior. You are still able to view the Garbage Bin, but if you post there, I will physically site-wide ban you until further notice.

                      Reason: Insulting Dragonforce aka my religion. Also being a general GB noob.

                      -Fish
                      lol

                      Comment

                      • FluorescentArmy
                        Forum User
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 1754

                        #56
                        Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

                        Simple Enough:

                        Dream Theater:
                        The Glass Prison

                        It's just insane. AND on a 7 string Ibanez. You can't call that gay.

                        Comment

                        • mattyohh
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 349

                          #57
                          Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

                          I'm not a fan Of Ibanez guitars but i wouldn't mind a Iceman. there's also a band called Dragon Froce and they're meant to be insane at guitar
                          Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
                          You are banned from the Garbage Bin until January 1st, 2007. Don't worry, I usually let people out of their sentences early if they have good behavior. You are still able to view the Garbage Bin, but if you post there, I will physically site-wide ban you until further notice.

                          Reason: Insulting Dragonforce aka my religion. Also being a general GB noob.

                          -Fish
                          lol

                          Comment

                          • Verruckter
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 2707

                            #58
                            Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

                            Originally posted by mattyohh
                            I'm not a fan Of Ibanez guitars but i wouldn't mind a Iceman. there's also a band called Dragon Froce and they're meant to be insane at guitar
                            Yes. Herman Li uses Ibanez.
                            Truth lies in loneliness, When hope is long gone by -Blind Guardian, The Soulforged
                            Image removed for size violation.

                            Comment

                            • mattyohh
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 349

                              #59
                              Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

                              Yeah, alot of people use Ibanez im just not a fan of them personally. then Sam Totman use a jackson aswell. Im not to thrilled over Jacksons either
                              Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
                              You are banned from the Garbage Bin until January 1st, 2007. Don't worry, I usually let people out of their sentences early if they have good behavior. You are still able to view the Garbage Bin, but if you post there, I will physically site-wide ban you until further notice.

                              Reason: Insulting Dragonforce aka my religion. Also being a general GB noob.

                              -Fish
                              lol

                              Comment

                              • slipstrike0159
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 568

                                #60
                                Re: Best Guitar Solo in a song

                                Has anyone heard of the band called "Children of Bodom"? I started listening to some of their songs and i couldnt help but notice that the guitar solo in the song "Wrath Within" was really good. Infact in most of their songs they have great solo's/riffs. I dont care for their screaming all that much, but their guitarist is amazing.
                                Last edited by slipstrike0159; 04-8-2006, 01:59 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...