Advent Children review

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dontcareaboutmyid
    FFR Player
    • May 2003
    • 2103

    #31
    Originally posted by GuidoHunter
    *SPOILER?*






    I mean, most anyone who would watch this movie would know the story of FFVII, but whatever.















    --Guido

    http://andy.mikee385.com
    Do you mean plot holes? Because if you do, ff8 had more plotholes than 7.

    if you did mean loopholes, explain for those of us that don't understand (me).

    dirge of cerberus or cerebus or whatever it is is coming out for the ps2, sometime in nov/dec holidays, if I'm not mistaken. No word on before crisisin any of the mags, although there might be some rumo mill info around the net of inter that I havn't found, not that I'm actually looking.

    as for the movie, as been stated you understand it all when you've watched some of the trailers, read into the game a little, and make some of your own conclusions


    *insert massive ammounts of spoilers*





    for example, when meteor hit Midgar it was quite obvious that it took massive ammounts of planets lifestream to hold that thing at bay (all thanks to Aries) and it was quite obvious that meteor couldn't have just been wiped from the face of the planet. notice that when demolition people take down buildings, the building just doesn't dissapear, theres a whole buncha scrap. That's basically what happened to meteor, sure it was destroyed and the threat stopped, but the thing didn't just dissapear. The remanents of metoer stayed on the planet, and when the lifestream dispersed from midgar, pieces of meteor had to have been swpet up along with it, hence the geostigma (in the subs they even call it star scar syndrom) star scar, meteor, any bells yet people?

    Now the spirits of sephiroth, ie bad guys, I don't get them completly besides the fact that they could also have been created like sephiroth himself, or were perhaps ex-Soldiers (ex being that shinra doesn't actually exist anymore and neither should soldier) infused with mako like cloud. I find this theory to be the best because they talk about cloud being big brother and a traitor.

    reunion is just a term that was given to jenova's rebirth which would ave truly happened had all three spirits had fused with the head of jenova. If you played the game, you fought peices of jenova, which were always preceeded by some mention of sephiroth being there befor hand. Sephiroth is the.... I want to say vehicle of jenova, but that doesn't sound right. Perhaps the cause of geostigma. If you remember in the game, sephirtoh merged with the planet in order to absorb the planets energy to make jenova reborn and himself and her gods (god like if you want to be specific) when meteor was to strike. you can't tell me that that merger couldn't have affected the planet on some level which might be the cause of geostigma

    to explain why some people have geostigma and others don't. Not everyone lives in midgar, not everyone got the full blow of meteor. Also, geostigma could be considered like other diseases, some people are carriers and never get sick themselves. specultaion yes, but good spec

    if you understand any of what I've just typed you deserve a cookie, after reading it I want to delete it all, but I won't
    Theory of Quantum Fetish Mechanics

    Comment

    • scorpio1690
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2003
      • 4817

      #32
      Originally posted by dontcareaboutmyid
      Now the spirits of sephiroth, ie bad guys, I don't get them completly besides the fact that they could also have been created like sephiroth himself, or were perhaps ex-Soldiers (ex being that shinra doesn't actually exist anymore and neither should soldier) infused with mako like cloud. I find this theory to be the best because they talk about cloud being big brother and a traitor.
      Clones of Sephiroth perhaps? That's what i was thinking. In the game they're the guys in Nibelheim in the little black cloaks with numbers. I mean, both Cloud, Zack, and all the clones were tried to be made in the image of Sephiroth. The only reason they succeeded with Sephiroth though is because he had an actual mother, as did Zack and Cloud. The others were just test tube babies, to a greater extent. They call Cloud brother obviously because he too was infused with Jenova cells and Mako, though did his body reject the Jenova cells, hence the failed experiment and him being ashamed and taking on Zack's persona.

      Comment

      • dontcareaboutmyid
        FFR Player
        • May 2003
        • 2103

        #33
        ho damn I completly forgot about them. That would explain the opening scenes when the turks took jenova's head from within Crater completly. Reunion was mentioned within the ff7 game wasn't it. All the numbers talked about it, but I don't remember names, which is another stumper. Perhaps they named themselves or just decided to stick with numbers, I don't know.

        Also, what did kadja summon? We're all saying its Bahamut, but there was speculation it was a Weapon from the scenes from trailers.
        Theory of Quantum Fetish Mechanics

        Comment

        • scorpio1690
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2003
          • 4817

          #34
          That's totally Bahaumut, they just changed him to look like the crappy FFX version a little more. They should've just used a dragon, I think it looks really bad, like a statue and unlifelike. I dono, Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo seem like failed experiments, but ALMOST not failed. They weren't fixiated on Reunion, and had more free will (which wasn't very much ie. Kadaj in the church with Jenova's neck MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER). I felt that Sephiroth's new plan was kinda cheesey, they just needed an excuse as to why he was back and came up with that though. It was still good... Cause Sephiroth's a pimp... He shoulda won...

          Comment

          • dontcareaboutmyid
            FFR Player
            • May 2003
            • 2103

            #35
            *SPOILEREDEDED DON'T READ IT UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN TH MOVIE OR JUST WANT TO SEE SCORP GET PWND!!!*

















            last chance and..



            Except for the fact that cloud owned sephiroh's face with one of the coolest looking omnislash's EVAR
            Theory of Quantum Fetish Mechanics

            Comment

            • Moogy
              嗚呼
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2003
              • 10303

              #36
              Stop talking about FF7. It is utterly terrible in every aspect. Any further posts about FF7 will incur the wrath of the elder gods of Kil.
              Plz visit my blog

              ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

              Comment

              • kickassbuddy
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2004
                • 594

                #37
                Final Fantasy 7

                lol

                Comment

                • scorpio1690
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2003
                  • 4817

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Moogy
                  Stop talking about FF7. It is utterly terrible in every aspect. Any further posts about FF7 will incur the wrath of the elder gods of Kil.
                  Shutup Moogy.

                  And dontcare, too bad that WASN'T omnislash, you tool. It's a NEW limit break. I'm pretty sure omnislash didn't include five or six swords.

                  Comment

                  • Moogy
                    嗚呼
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 10303

                    #39
                    Hey scorpio, check out the link in my sig. It's rly cool.
                    Plz visit my blog

                    ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                    Comment

                    • scorpio1690
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2003
                      • 4817

                      #40
                      Likeomgz im a nuzb0rz & click rand0m linkz with00t hovering t3h mouse over it 2 c wat it relly iz :\

                      Comment

                      • Moogy
                        嗚呼
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2003
                        • 10303

                        #41
                        if u click it u get 10 free ipods

                        4 free
                        Plz visit my blog

                        ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                        Comment

                        • MalReynolds
                          CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 6571

                          #42
                          Moogy is an idiot.

                          Continuing along, I thought it was a nifty movie, but this thread really helped me understand it. And I enjoyed FFVII when I was a kid, but I don't think I'd enjoy it again. It's really funny that I understood such a complex plot and so many story threads when I was 10 and now I would have no patience for it.

                          Mal
                          "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                          "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                          My new novel:

                          Maledictions: The Offering.

                          Now in Paperback!

                          Comment

                          • Moogy
                            嗚呼
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 10303

                            #43
                            no rly u do
                            Plz visit my blog

                            ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                            Comment

                            • Moogy
                              嗚呼
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 10303

                              #44
                              y wud i lie
                              Plz visit my blog

                              ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                              Comment

                              • Moogy
                                嗚呼
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 10303

                                #45
                                srsly its hella tite u need 2 check it out dudez
                                Plz visit my blog

                                ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                                Comment

                                Working...