Anime Sucks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SoggyWaffulz
    FFR Player
    • Jul 2005
    • 277

    #31
    Wow, it's funny how you guys get so worked up over an OPINION... calm down.

    Comment

    • Squeek
      let it snow~
      • Jan 2004
      • 14444

      #32
      Finish Inuyasha, then tell me if it sucks.

      I watched all 167 episodes and all four movies. It left me with a hole inside. Nothing. Is. Resolved.

      The animators basically said "We're tired of animating this series as the manga is generating more money, so just go read the manga you noobs."

      The storyline could have gone somewhere and I might have liked it, but no. It died.

      ~Squeek

      Comment

      • Tokzic
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 6878

        #33
        It is indeed a shame. The anime is the same plot repeated every ten episodes or so.

        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

        Comment

        • YungYung
          FFR Player
          • Jul 2005
          • 810

          #34
          Finish Inuyasha, then tell me if it sucks.
          Chances are that it wasn't as bad in Japan as it is here in America. Stupid dubs. =\

          Originally posted by soggy...something
          Wow, it's funny how you guys get so worked up over an OPINION... calm down.
          You know, it's not called being worked up. It's called taking about 10 seconds to type up a reply.

          I'll post my actual reply later. It's like 12:30 PM and I still haven't gone to bed -.-
          clairmai lol hvam lol

          Comment

          • SoggyWaffulz
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2005
            • 277

            #35
            Well, so far from what I've seen I like it.

            Edit: What I ment by getting worked up is "Oh ask any REAL anime fan and they'll tell you Inuyasha sucks, your taste sucks, these shows own Inuyasha, and I'm right and you're wrong" Thats pretty much how I took one of the replys after I posted my opinion... now, he could have said something like "Oh well, I disagree... try watching FullMetal Alchemist or Samurai Champloo for a little longer and maybe you'll like it" or something constructive. Not "*caps* ARE YOU ******* DUMB?!!?!??!?!?"

            Comment

            • Moogy
              嗚呼
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2003
              • 10303

              #36
              Oh but seriously.

              I used to think anime sucked too... then my friend showed me Evangelion and Lain. Those two shows changed my mind pretty fast.
              Plz visit my blog

              ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

              Comment

              • jewpinthethird
                (The Fat's Sabobah)
                FFR Music Producer
                • Nov 2002
                • 11711

                #37
                Re: RE: Re: Anime Sucks

                Originally posted by Varia
                岡 由布子

                Is this the girl that wanted to slit your throat?
                No, it's a different girl. The girl I have been moping over for the past few weeks. She is so awesome.

                P.S. I downloaded 電車男 so you have to come watch it or something.
                Rad. Well, the series is pretty good, nothing spectacular. It deals heavily with Japanese otakus so it can be annoying at times. But I can relate with how Densha feels.

                Oh but seriously.

                I used to think anime sucked too... then my friend showed me Evangelion and Lain. Those two shows changed my mind pretty fast.
                Same here. Before becoming a total nerd, I was actually a fairly popular kid. Hanging out with the skateboarders, listening to punk rock and ska. Wearing brand name clothes. Breaking things for no reason. Just being an overall asshole. But then my friend showed me Evangelion and then boom! I became a nerd...like literally overnight. Although I didn't like Lain. In fact I didnt even finish the [short] series because I just couldnt get into it.

                P.S. I found very few people in Japan who actually had seen Evangelion Pronounced "エヴァンゲリオン." All I ever heard was "Oh, I have heard of this, but no watch."

                Comment

                • Brainmaster07
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2003
                  • 2891

                  #38
                  I was never very keen on anime until my brother and sister bought all three Slayers series a couple years ago. Really changed my opinion about the genre, then not long after that we bought Gundam Wing (along with the EW movie), and I've probably watched around 20 series since then. Naruto is probably my all time fav. Also Evangelion blew my mind, especially EoE.

                  Comment

                  • Killrodx
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2003
                    • 357

                    #39
                    Evangelion is a good series but it doesn't rank as my all time favourite. But yeah, finding your genre. There are quite abit out there if you look hard enough.
                    Mine ranges in the "giant robo" section. Mostly Gundam((ie: ms gundam, zeta etc..)) or something related to robots. Saber Marionette was pretty good. if you can get past the kawaii factor and focus on the storyline, then yeah it's a winner.

                    Comment

                    • Sol_Solis
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 661

                      #40
                      Rahxephon(sp?) changed my mind, along with Fumoffu and a evangelion
                      If you don't like anime it's not that big of a deal, just watch different genres and try not to be so stubborn

                      Comment

                      • GuidoHunter
                        is against custom titles
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 7371

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Killrodx
                        Evangelion is a good series but it doesn't rank as my all time favourite. But yeah, finding your genre. There are quite abit out there if you look hard enough.
                        Mine ranges in the "giant robo" section. Mostly Gundam((ie: ms gundam, zeta etc..)) or something related to robots. Saber Marionette was pretty good. if you can get past the kawaii factor and focus on the storyline, then yeah it's a winner.
                        Oh man, you speak words of truth. While I wouldn't say Eva is my favorite anime (probably fifth or sixth), I do recognize that it's one of the best ever made.

                        And all of the Saber Marionettes are in-freakin'-credible, especially when it comes to endings of the original series and J-X.

                        --Guido


                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                        Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                        Comment

                        • Killrodx
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2003
                          • 357

                          #42
                          I haven't all of J to X. so no spoiling it. I'm becoming very fond of dark depressing anime storylines now. Always need something different.
                          Has anyone seen elfin leid((spelling?)). if not, check it out .

                          Comment

                          • Chromer
                            Hookers and Blow
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 4981

                            #43
                            I hate to say this but I enjoy the Naruto anime at the moment. The animation is beautifully done, ranging from the colorful to washed down tones of evil. The Voice acting is fairly well and the story almost follows the storyline of the manga.

                            Comment

                            • Squeek
                              let it snow~
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 14444

                              #44
                              The only reason people are afraid to voice their opinion on Naruto is because the rest of the community just calls it another DBZ, and its fanbase is situated with younger children.

                              I love Naruto. I have been watching it since episode 55 came out. Therefore, you just subtract the current episode (148) and subtract 55, then divide that number by 52. That's roughly the amount of years I have been watching the weekly Naruto. I was lucky in the sense that I did not have to download the dozen packs of 10 episodes. Just 4.

                              ~Squeek

                              Comment

                              • Tokzic
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2005
                                • 6878

                                #45
                                From what I've read of Naruto it is very awesome.



                                I r t3h N1NJ4.

                                Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                                Comment

                                Working...