Gimmie A Book List

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stretchypanda
    shock me shock me
    • Sep 2004
    • 4123

    #46
    Diary, Chuck Palahniuk

    Anything else I could suggest that hasn't been mentioned is pretty girly, so I'll spare you.

    And Guido, I don't know if I can date someone who hates The Great Gatsby and LIKES Jane Eyre

    Comment

    • xiron
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2004
      • 189

      #47
      I forgot 1984. One of my all time favorite books.
      www.myspace.com/thehappyunicorns

      Comment

      • Omeganitros
        auauauau
        • Jun 2003
        • 8897

        #48
        Added to book list:

        A Scanner Darkly
        Who Censored Roger Rabbit?

        Comment

        • banditcom
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2003
          • 6243

          #49
          I second Animal Farm.

          I'm way too lazy to read books. I read the book here and there and then I just stop. I need to get into them again, as I have a few I'd love to finish reading and a few I'd love to start reading.

          Also get:
          To Kill a Mockingbird - Amazing book.
          The Art of Deception by Kevin Mitnick - This is if you're interested in human behavior in regards to social engineering (gaining trust, etc).

          Comment

          • psychic25
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2003
            • 367

            #50
            If you're into fantasy, I liked Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen, all by Garth Nix- a trilogy. Also try The Bartimaeus Trilogy books (two so far), by Jonathan Stroud.

            As for other stuff... Orson Scott Card's Homecoming series (five books) was pretty good, although the last one sucked, in my opinion.

            And in regards to The Dark Tower series... GET IT. It is easily the best series I have ever read, and I've read a lot. I'll second what Hans said.

            Originally posted by HansSky
            I won't comment on the...'ending'...but everything in between is really good. Don't let the end stop you from reading it.
            Note this quote from the last part of the last book.

            Originally posted by Stephen King
            Yet some of you who have provided the ears without which no tale can survive a single day are likely not so willing. You are the grim, goal-oriented ones who will not believe that the joy is in the journey rather than the destination no matter how many times it has been proven to you.

            Comment

            • Omeganitros
              auauauau
              • Jun 2003
              • 8897

              #51
              Full list:

              The Dilbert Principle - Scott Adams
              Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
              Shadow Puppets - Orson Scott Card
              Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - Phillip K. Dick
              Watership Down - Richard Adams
              Children of the Mind - Orson Scott Card
              Point of Impant - Stephen Hunter
              Joseph Heller - Catch-22
              The Art of Deception - Kevin Mitnic
              Philip K. Dick - A Scanner Darkly
              Gary K. Wolf - Who Censored Roger Rabbit?
              Frank Herbert - Dune Messiah

              Comment

              Working...