Full Metal Alchemist

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squeek
    let it snow~
    • Jan 2004
    • 14444

    #31
    It was rather intelligent, I agree. I was also expecting just hardcore action with alchemist fights and such, but I was surprised to note that the show actually required brainpower to intepret.

    One thing's for sure. Armstrong is the best character since the other best character... things happen to him >_>

    ~Squeek

    Comment

    • Lvytn
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 147

      #32
      I enjoy FMA very much, i like the scar character. The first time i saw it i dint like how the kids high voice was in the big armour lol.
      -One handed Player-


      Comment

      • Malazan
        FFR Player
        • Feb 2005
        • 31

        #33
        I've just started to watch this great anime. I'm on episode 25 right now, and i've got through 3 strait days of mostly watching FMA all day. The episodes leave you wanting to see the next one right away ;-;

        I've loved every single episode so far. FMA keeps you interested by having a serious side that addresses serious issues, but also makes you laugh in other parts some parts. All the characters have a serious/funny side. The shorty jokes still seem to get me to chuckle, and whenever Hughes talks about his daughter I still laugh.

        Gotta love the action scenes too. *SLIGHT SPOILER*The fight between the Flame Alchemist and Ed was damn good. */spoiler* It's not just brainless fighting either, because alchemy and physical strength apply real stratedgy and thought was put into the fight scenes. The "Anything Goes in a Fight" rule really applies in every single way throughout the series

        Comment

        • Attim
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2005
          • 4

          #34
          Mind if I step in being the new one here?
          *ahem*
          Well, I have never seen subtitled FMA but being me if I had the money I would watch it through in english and then in Japanse. However I do like the voices in English, especially when you compare modern anime voice actors to those od old school anime.
          As far as Al's voice, he is voiced by, obviously, a very young child, this actor also did the voice of Hiro Sohma from Fruits Basket. I think he was about 8 or 10 so give him a break. It's a heck of a lot better to get a young boy to play a young boy then to have a grown man try to make a youthful voice. It would just sound awkward.
          But of course we could go on and on about the sub/dub wars, it's an unresolvable battle.

          So anyway, the main thing I like about FMA: The raw emotion. One thing that caught me by suprise was the episode where Ed nearly gets killed by that serial murderer in the meat factory. Normally in anime the main character would whip out with ultra cool moves and put the beat down on the baddie. But in this case fear and helplessness is prevalent.
          Kudos to Fullmetal Alchemist!!!

          Comment

          • vashthestampede0987
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2004
            • 2997

            #35
            So FMA's new season on adult swim starts in about 2 minutes on AS for those of you who live in EST.
            Omega owes me [1] omega favor
            I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


            Originally posted by Synthlight
            I hate myself.

            Cheers,

            Synthlight
            xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
            xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

            Comment

            • Sol_Solis
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2005
              • 661

              #36
              I can't stand that robot guys voice that travels with that guy with the arm. When I watched the first episode, I decided not to watch the rest.
              Bad mistake I guess.

              Comment

              • Eyoshi
                Certified Calendarwhore
                • Nov 2004
                • 1044

                #37
                The episode just ended where I'm living at. So, if you live somewhere outside of the EST timezone and haven't seen it yet, just ignore this post...

                When Ed and Al's teacher hugged them after punishing them through a major beating, I was like...Wow.
                But I liked the ending theme from the first season better than the ending theme for this one. The one for the first season had a nicer melody to me.

                Comment

                • ckj846
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 2437

                  #38
                  I'm glad AS is airing the "new" episodes now. I was pissed off when they kept repeating the series up until that one part when the master comes. At least it gives me something to watch on Saturday that is actually half decent... And, with wishful thinking, they might decide to play the rest of the Samurai Champloo series...
                  O_o
                  pyro31191: TELL EVERYONE YOU WANT TO TAKE IT IN THE ASS NOW
                  pyro31191: rofl
                  pyro31191: You should tell them earlier though
                  pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights

                  Comment

                  • Shadow_of_fear
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 42

                    #39
                    Full metal alcamist is awsome in japanese and in english! It's one of my favorite shows! I'm going to go to an anime convention as a character from the show! I cant wait!
                    I hate how the USA takes anime shows and turns them into complete crap.....It annoys me....-_-

                    Comment

                    • chocolate__donut
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 2

                      #40
                      ISH SHO GUD!

                      OMG!! i LOOOOVE this anime!!! It's one of my favourites! I can't wait to watch the movie!! But..i just haven't gotten it yet I like to watch it more in Japanese with English subtitles! Well cuz it's better....and it doesn't change the REAL meaning of what they're actually saying...did u know Al and Ed's voice in japanese are done by female? Hehe ^^ This happens really often in anime, but i just find it really...interesting :P Well anyways! i advise EVERYONE here to watch it too!! It's really gud!! But u might have to watch it twice to really understand the full meaning of the anime....OH WELL! Ja Ne

                      Comment

                      • Squeek
                        let it snow~
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 14444

                        #41
                        RE: ISH SHO GUD!

                        http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...wtopic&t=36047

                        The movie is already out. And it's really boring.

                        ~Squeek

                        Comment

                        • NuclearShadow
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 1971

                          #42
                          I can't believe no one has said Full Emo Alchemist yet... Holy crap i can't stand that show.
                          Originally posted by Synthlight
                          I am retiring from SM as of right now. I am sick of beating you all with my perfect triple hamstrings and AAAAAA's. I have nothing more to accomplish.

                          Cheers,

                          Synthlight

                          Comment

                          • Eyoshi
                            Certified Calendarwhore
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 1044

                            #43
                            Well, it's not like the main characters look depressed just for the sake of it. I'd imagine that it would be awful if you've lost your arm and leg and your sibling lost his entire human body and had to have his soul in a suit of armor.

                            Saw the new episode a few hours ago. Nothing in it really grabbed my attention, though the ending of the episode was kind of interesting.

                            Comment

                            • Omeganitros
                              auauauau
                              • Jun 2003
                              • 8897

                              #44
                              After the "Mercutio" of the show died, I pretty much lost interest in the show. I felt I understood everything, and with Sleuthing at some foreshadowing, I feel I know how this show ends. The only mystery I have left is this: If I remember correctly, the Humonculus said they wanted the stone to become human. Why would they want to be human?

                              Comment

                              • FlameColonel
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2005
                                • 6

                                #45
                                WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD EPISODES OF FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!

                                Comment

                                Working...