Star Wars The Force Awakens

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rzr
    TWG Veteran
    • Oct 2007
    • 7608

    #16
    Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

    Was friggin awesome! Saw it in 3d last night. My only complaint really is it reminds me of the original Star Wars, New Hope, which was a bit bland. I said all of the trilogies so far have gone from good to better to best. So for a Star Wars movie, it was good. Not the best. But I think the next 2 will blow all the others out of the water.

    Definitely worth seeing if you're a long time fan - or even someone like my wife who I got into it a few months ago

    Originally posted by darkshark
    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
    Originally posted by aperson
    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

    Originally posted by Sprite-
    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

    Comment

    • MarcusHawkins
      The Punny Anti-PA Guy
      • Jun 2013
      • 1221

      #17
      Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

      I saw the movie last afternoon! It was a really good movie!
      I'd love to watch it a second time, just so I can get all of the details in!
      Last edited by MarcusHawkins; 12-19-2015, 10:00 AM.

      Originally posted by Ghost_Medley

      This man is three months too early.
      Originally posted by badman7772
      Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

      Originally posted by _Zenith_
      what the fuck marcus lmao

      Originally posted by rushyrulz
      You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

      Originally posted by DDRNGGin
      Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

      Originally posted by Sky Kitten
      Best Newbie
      1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

      Up And Coming FFRer
      2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3

      Comment

      • andy-o24
        Married Man
        • May 2006
        • 1528

        #18
        Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

        Tropes


        It's worth seeing and sets up a new story arc. I'll need to see it again to catch everything. The actress looks very similar to someone I know, so I was distracted.

        -o24
        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        Best strat: enjoy the game, play what you feel like when you feel like it. Don't think about what you are doing or why, enjoy the gameplay, the artistry behind the stepfile, and enjoy the music.

        When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

        Originally posted by Shashakiro
        Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.

        Comment

        • rzr
          TWG Veteran
          • Oct 2007
          • 7608

          #19
          Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens


          Originally posted by darkshark
          Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
          Originally posted by aperson
          i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

          Originally posted by Sprite-
          More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
          yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

          i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

          Comment

          • DN_Catastrophic
            Cata_X
            • Mar 2007
            • 395

            #20
            Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

            Saw it twice (IMAX/Regular), great movie! There were a couple of things that bothered me the first time around, but after I watched it again, I'd rank it as the 2nd best movie haha.

            Plus, if he was trying to finish what Darth Vader started, it makes sense why it would mimic A New Hope.. I mean even A Phantom Menace mimicked A New Hope.

            All in all it ended great and I'm excited for what's to come in the next 2 movies!

            Comment

            • Deadlyx39
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2014
              • 1046

              #21
              Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

              Originally posted by Deadlyx39
              I want to read this thread but I'm scared because spoilers. Anyway, currently in the theater waiting to see the movie. I will be posting a spoiler free review if anyone cares about it.
              Lol I forgot about this.

              Anyway, the movie was overall good... But it felt very copy paste to Episode IV in the way that it shares many of the same story telling ideas that were found in episode IV. The movie had many great callbacks to the previous movies, but there were multiple plot holes that felt as if they were just glossed over for no particular reason. The battle scenes were good, there were some good twists (albeit easy to see ones), and it was an enjoyable experience with the active crowd watching the movie with me.


              • The lightsaber that Finn obtains is supposed to be Luke's old lightsaber, however it's blue. Luke's blue saber was lost in episode V and it's never explained how the blue one was retrieved

              • Even though Finn has 0 training in lightsaber duels, he puts up a good fight against Kylo Ren, a man trained in the art of lightsaber duels.

              • Rey even defeats Kylo Ren even though she has 0 training. She also is shown to sense the force, as she convinced a storm trooper to let her go. It's never explained how she got to be this way.

              • The story was copypasted from Episode IV. Planet gets blown up by super weapon. Super weapon has a glaring weakness. Good guys blow up super weapon. Established old character dies before main showdown. While it was enjoyable, it didn't exactly bring anything new to the table.

              Overall Grade: 7.5/10 While the movie did nothing new in terms of storyline, it was overall a good movie that could've been better had some of the plot holes been better addressed. Would recommend to see once. IMAX didn't feel as worth it, but that might be because I didn't care for wearing the glasses.
              Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
              I want another DJ hero
              Originally posted by Red Blaster
              Why should I care about this thread
              Originally posted by choof
              whats in it for me
              Originally posted by grizz13114
              Fun times and meme sluts
              Originally posted by choof
              ew meme sluts
              ew fun

              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

              on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

              [...]

              come back

              i need to laugh at you

              once more

              Comment

              • Red Blaster
                Bridge Burner
                • Jun 2011
                • 2040

                #22
                Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

                Originally posted by Deadlyx39

                • The lightsaber that Finn obtains is supposed to be Luke's old lightsaber, however it's blue. Luke's blue saber was lost in episode V and it's never explained how the blue one was retrieved

                • Even though Finn has 0 training in lightsaber duels, he puts up a good fight against Kylo Ren, a man trained in the art of lightsaber duels.

                • Rey even defeats Kylo Ren even though she has 0 training. She also is shown to sense the force, as she convinced a storm trooper to let her go. It's never explained how she got to be this way.

                • The story was copypasted from Episode IV. Planet gets blown up by super weapon. Super weapon has a glaring weakness. Good guys blow up super weapon. Established old character dies before main showdown. While it was enjoyable, it didn't exactly bring anything new to the table.
                These were my exact gripes.
                Like Kylo seemed to be really strong despite Snoak saying that he needed "more training" (so hopefully he'll get stronger as the series progresses!) and he just get's matched by Finn who has stormtrooper training - essentially blaster training only as he himself said - and beaten by Rey, who admittedly is more of a badass than Finn given she at least has some sort of staff skills and ya know..the force awakening and whatnot, but is that really enough to beat someone trained in the arts? I'm just glad he didn't go the way of most every other cool enemy who got killed in their first appearance *cough* Maul, Dooku, Grievous, both Fettes etc *cough*

                On the lightsaber, it could be a lightsaber he used in the time period between 6 and 7 when he was training the new order of Jedi that Kylo killed, that just ended up in their hands afterwards or perhaps he left it with them in some sort of foresight that a new Jedi would be looking for him, but they didn't do a very good job of explaining it.
                Last edited by Red Blaster; 12-20-2015, 01:02 PM.
                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
                Originally posted by choof
                hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
                Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                what's a milky christmas :O

                Comment

                • Poison-
                  Nope
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 3772

                  #23
                  Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens


                  Originally posted by Deadlyx39
                  • The lightsaber that Finn obtains is supposed to be Luke's old lightsaber, however it's blue. Luke's blue saber was lost in episode V and it's never explained how the blue one was retrieved
                  Maz Kanata said "That's a story for another time." It will be revealed how she got it later on.

                  Originally posted by Deadlyx39
                  • Even though Finn has 0 training in lightsaber duels, he puts up a good fight against Kylo Ren, a man trained in the art of lightsaber duels.
                  The Stormtroopers clearly have training in how to deal with lightsabers as seen earlier in the film. That definitely helped him in that fight. You also have to remember that Kylo was severely injured by Chewbacca after Han died.

                  Originally posted by Deadlyx39
                  • Rey even defeats Kylo Ren even though she has 0 training. She also is shown to sense the force, as she convinced a storm trooper to let her go. It's never explained how she got to be this way.
                  Again, Kylo was injured. He was also afraid of her because he saw her getting more powerful as the battle went on. There are a few really good theories as to why Rey was able to beat him.

                  Originally posted by Deadlyx39
                  • The story was copypasted from Episode IV. Planet gets blown up by super weapon. Super weapon has a glaring weakness. Good guys blow up super weapon. Established old character dies before main showdown. While it was enjoyable, it didn't exactly bring anything new to the table.
                  I agree that a lot of the story points were taken from Episode IV. It didn't bother me as much as it seems to bother some people, but I do think it could have been toned down a bit.

                  Originally posted by Red Blaster
                  Like Kylo seemed to be really strong despite Snoak saying that he needed "more training"
                  Kylo isn't a Sith or anything like that, so he's not even as powerful as Darth Maul was in Episode I. I do think his power was pretty inconsistent though. If theories of who Snoke is are true, Kylo will become much more powerful during his training with Snoke.

                  Originally posted by Red Blaster
                  On the lightsaber, it could be a lightsaber he used in the time period between 6 and 7 when he was training the new order of Jedi that Kylo killed, that just ended up in their hands afterwards or perhaps he left it with them in some sort of foresight that a new Jedi would be looking for him, but they didn't do a very good job of explaining it.
                  It was Anakin's old lightsaber, which was handed down to Luke by Obi-Wan in Episode IV.

                  Comment

                  • IwasAsquidOnce
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jun 2014
                    • 382

                    #24
                    Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

                    I think it woulda been better with better casting. I think Rey is fine. But Kylo and Finn's actors like, just plain and simple, looked goofy in the star wars universe. What's up with Kylo's flow game x.x

                    Comment

                    • Poison-
                      Nope
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 3772

                      #25
                      Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

                      Adam Driver and John Boyega were amazing. No idea what you're talking about.

                      Comment

                      • Deadlyx39
                        FFR Player
                        • Sep 2014
                        • 1046

                        #26
                        Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

                        I guess it just seemed out of place considering the actors that normally play the villain in Star Wars movies (generally old guys)

                        I don't have any complaints about Boyega, other than it seemed a bit dry.
                        Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                        I want another DJ hero
                        Originally posted by Red Blaster
                        Why should I care about this thread
                        Originally posted by choof
                        whats in it for me
                        Originally posted by grizz13114
                        Fun times and meme sluts
                        Originally posted by choof
                        ew meme sluts
                        ew fun

                        Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                        do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
                        Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                        i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

                        on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

                        [...]

                        come back

                        i need to laugh at you

                        once more

                        Comment

                        • Rapta
                          🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
                          Profile Moderator
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          Global Moderator
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 1948

                          #27
                          Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

                          Kylo Ren's actor was such a pretty boy .-. (nohomo)
                          Last edited by Rapta; 12-20-2015, 03:54 PM.
                          Old Quotes
                          Originally posted by IwasAsquidOnce
                          Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
                          Originally posted by Mourningfall
                          [3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
                          Originally posted by Xiz
                          Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
                          Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                          Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
                          Originally posted by Prawnskunk
                          if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
                          Originally posted by gold stinger
                          do u even agrabah
                          Originally posted by gold stinger
                          Today at 12:53 AM
                          I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
                          Originally posted by Psychotik
                          When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
                          Originally posted by Haku
                          have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?




                          Originally posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
                          OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
                          Originally posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
                          We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
                          Originally posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
                          You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

                          Comment

                          • Poison-
                            Nope
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 3772

                            #28
                            Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

                            Originally posted by Rapta
                            Kylo Ren's actor was such a pretty boy .-. (nohomo)
                            I guess that's what happens when Han Solo and Princess Leia are your parents

                            Comment

                            • Deadlyx39
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2014
                              • 1046

                              #29
                              Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

                              Also, when I was in the bathroom after the movie, there were two little kids that were talking loudly about the movie. Too bad half the people in there hadn't seen the movie yet.
                              Should've gone and seen Alvin & The Chipmunks instead...
                              Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
                              I want another DJ hero
                              Originally posted by Red Blaster
                              Why should I care about this thread
                              Originally posted by choof
                              whats in it for me
                              Originally posted by grizz13114
                              Fun times and meme sluts
                              Originally posted by choof
                              ew meme sluts
                              ew fun

                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

                              on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

                              [...]

                              come back

                              i need to laugh at you

                              once more

                              Comment

                              • Dynam0
                                The Dominator
                                • Sep 2005
                                • 8987

                                #30
                                Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens

                                Welp just watched the movie so it's okay for me to open this thread now


                                Rey is totes Luke's daughter just sayin

                                Comment

                                Working...