DAW

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • midnghtraver
    Icarus Moth
    FFR Music Producer
    • Jan 2006
    • 2064

    #76
    Re: DAW

    Originally posted by Crazyjayde
    Been learning Cubase 7 and so far it has really been an awesome tool.
    Is there any input on it I could have compared to some other DAW, I haven't explored any of the other so far.
    From what I know, Cubase isn't the best to use as your main DAW, but offers important features that make it useful to rewire it through an FL Studio or Ableton.

    Deadmau5 would tell you Cubase is awesome.

    Comment

    • Herogashix
      D7 Dating Sim Player
      FFR Music Producer
      • Apr 2009
      • 2183

      #77
      Re: DAW

      Originally posted by midnghtraver
      From what I know, Cubase isn't the best to use as your main DAW, but offers important features that make it useful to rewire it through an FL Studio or Ableton.

      Deadmau5 would tell you Cubase is awesome.
      Does it take a good computer to rewire stuff? Never experimented yet, but not sure if it's good to do with my bad PC.

      Comment

      • Calcium Deposit
        I am the liquor
        FFR Music Producer
        • May 2007
        • 706

        #78
        Re: DAW

        Synapse orion platinum 7.6 here (hella outdated theyre on 8.5 now)

        Comment

        • midnghtraver
          Icarus Moth
          FFR Music Producer
          • Jan 2006
          • 2064

          #79
          Re: DAW

          Originally posted by Herogashix
          Does it take a good computer to rewire stuff? Never experimented yet, but not sure if it's good to do with my bad PC.
          I totally forgot I posted in this.

          Sorry.

          I have no clue. I, for one, have never rewired a daw through a daw. It sounds like it would be pretty CPU intensive, however, there are always ways around the CPU problem with DAWS.

          Comment

          • Ohaider
            FFR Veteran
            • Jun 2012
            • 2893

            #80
            Re: DAW

            rewiring a daw through a daw is buggy as hell, which is why it's not very popular. And it rapes your computer
            There's not a very high demand for programmers to fix it so
            ;/

            Comment

            • Jonlovesddr
              h
              • Sep 2008
              • 1631

              #81
              Re: DAW

              I really wish someone would port logic to windows
              like you don't even understand

              Comment

              • Ohaider
                FFR Veteran
                • Jun 2012
                • 2893

                #82
                Re: DAW

                That makes two of us manee

                Comment

                • Jonlovesddr
                  h
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 1631

                  #83
                  Re: DAW

                  Like my brother ha logic pro 9 on his macbook and it's what i grew up on and i love it so much

                  Comment

                  • Calcium Deposit
                    I am the liquor
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • May 2007
                    • 706

                    #84
                    Re: DAW

                    I'm curious if anyone else threw down cash for their DAW like I did mine.

                    Not gonna judge if you acquired it through elicit means though, music software pricing is usually really really really insane

                    Comment

                    • Jonlovesddr
                      h
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 1631

                      #85
                      Re: DAW

                      my brother paid for the academic version of logic

                      Comment

                      • Ohaider
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 2893

                        #86
                        Re: DAW

                        Academic versions aren't bad, Logic Pro X is fucking ridiculous for 200 bucks, great deal compared to others

                        Comment

                        • Sgt. Traveler
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 177

                          #87
                          Re: DAW

                          Originally posted by Ohaider
                          rewiring a daw through a daw is buggy as hell, which is why it's not very popular. And it rapes your computer
                          There's not a very high demand for programmers to fix it so
                          ;/
                          I haven't done that, I don't get why people would do that (using Reason racks(?) in FL Studio, for example?)?

                          Anywho, FL Studio. It just seems to be the easiest DAW to start with.

                          Comment

                          • StoneMcKnuckle
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2011
                            • 790

                            #88
                            Re: DAW

                            Originally posted by Calcium Deposit
                            I'm curious if anyone else threw down cash for their DAW like I did mine.
                            I got this crazy deal during the holiday sale. Basically it was 50% off because of christmas, and then Dew gave me a 50% off coupon he got when he bought it.

                            So yeah. FL on the cheap.

                            Comment

                            • midnghtraver
                              Icarus Moth
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 2064

                              #89
                              Re: DAW

                              FL Studio and Komplete 7 and Razor are really the only things I've purchased. I don't use much else anyway.

                              Comment

                              • Jonlovesddr
                                h
                                • Sep 2008
                                • 1631

                                #90
                                Re: DAW

                                Originally posted by Sgt. Traveler
                                I haven't done that, I don't get why people would do that (using Reason racks(?) in FL Studio, for example?)?

                                Anywho, FL Studio. It just seems to be the easiest DAW to start with.
                                i feel like logic is easier
                                i started on logic and i took off immediately
                                I gave up learning FL studio after 2 weeks

                                Comment

                                Working...