($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • who_cares973
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2006
    • 15407

    #16
    Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

    ok i got a pretty cool idea but i have no idea how i would draw it out rofl

    Comment

    • jinxybat
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2010
      • 12

      #17
      Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

      Originally posted by darkshark
      So what happens when you need to talk on the phone and use your computer at the same time?
      dude, we managed just fine when the world had dial up, or use skype? Idk

      I mean, choose. C:

      Comment

      • darkshark
        Nothing.
        • Nov 2004
        • 4189

        #18
        Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

        Might as well stop using cars and go back to horse and buggy then too huh.

        Comment

        • iironiic
          D6 FFR Legacy Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2009
          • 4342

          #19
          Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

          o0o0o0o Colton, nice first attempt! This is making me want to stop working on my essay and just try and brainstorm something haha x]

          EDIT: Are you looking for ideas that fulfills two completely different tasks, preferably tasks that are of greater importance? Or not necessarily?
          Last edited by iironiic; 05-9-2011, 06:03 PM.

          Comment

          • PrawnSkunk
            Administrator
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Administrator
            • Dec 2007
            • 3907

            #20
            Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

            inb4 postings of troll physics/science

            Comment

            • customstuff
              ♥C.S. + A.M.♥
              • Nov 2006
              • 4892

              #21
              Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

              Originally posted by iironiic
              EDIT: Are you looking for ideas that fulfills two completely different tasks, preferably tasks that are of greater importance? Or not necessarily?
              Basically it's something that would make tasks more convinient.



              Yeah, I'm writing two (smallish though) essays atm xD

              Originally posted by MrMagic5239
              Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
              Originally posted by customstuff
              Originally posted by MrMagic5239
              welcome to D6

              start playing

              Comment

              • darkshark
                Nothing.
                • Nov 2004
                • 4189

                #22
                Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

                Good function + sexy = yes.

                Look at how the world of technology has evolved today, everything is getting easier and faster. nVidia just purchased a company which specializes in mobile technology, it's a huge move for them and will effectively double the profits they receive from each new phone built, so in the next decade nVidia will pretty much own the mobile platform entirely.

                Look into the latest trends in technology, the biggest one I see coming is flexible, transparent OLED screens, you'll start seeing them everywhere in the next few years, and my designs (or at least some of them) will incorporate this technology. Since I see this competition as a way for nVidia to really open their eyes and profit from this new market, I think my designs will also be geared toward the military and medical fields, because they would make assloads of money from those areas and might find designs in those fields more favorable.

                I'm putting a lot of thought behind this, I'd really like to win.

                Comment

                • midnghtraver
                  Icarus Moth
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 2064

                  #23
                  Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

                  I have an idea! Will post soon.
                  Last edited by midnghtraver; 05-9-2011, 07:48 PM.

                  Comment

                  • phe0nixblade
                    Praise the sun mofo
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 4281

                    #24
                    Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

                    Comment

                    • midnghtraver
                      Icarus Moth
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 2064

                      #25
                      Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation




                      You might not understand.

                      I'll explain:

                      Both sides of the flip phone are touch screen. When you turn it over, the touch screen buttons go where the screen used to be, and visa versa.

                      EDIT: sorry my photoshop skills suck

                      EDITEDIT: Its attractive, but not very useful i suppose. Just been thinking about it for a while. Whatcha' think DS?
                      Last edited by midnghtraver; 05-9-2011, 07:56 PM.

                      Comment

                      • who_cares973
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 15407

                        #26
                        Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

                        You're a little late (kinda) a dual screen phone already exists

                        Comment

                        • midnghtraver
                          Icarus Moth
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 2064

                          #27
                          Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

                          Originally posted by who_cares973
                          You're a little late (kinda) a dual screen phone already exists
                          link

                          Comment

                          • Reincarnate
                            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 6332

                            #28
                            Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

                            Originally posted by darkshark
                            Good function + sexy = yes.

                            Look at how the world of technology has evolved today, everything is getting easier and faster. nVidia just purchased a company which specializes in mobile technology, it's a huge move for them and will effectively double the profits they receive from each new phone built, so in the next decade nVidia will pretty much own the mobile platform entirely.

                            Look into the latest trends in technology, the biggest one I see coming is flexible, transparent OLED screens, you'll start seeing them everywhere in the next few years, and my designs (or at least some of them) will incorporate this technology. Since I see this competition as a way for nVidia to really open their eyes and profit from this new market, I think my designs will also be geared toward the military and medical fields, because they would make assloads of money from those areas and might find designs in those fields more favorable.

                            I'm putting a lot of thought behind this, I'd really like to win.
                            Yeah, I just came back from a Michio Kaku lecture where he talked a bit about OLEDs (such as having a phone with a roll-out OLED keyboard). Pretty sweet stuff.

                            Originally posted by darkshark
                            lol. Well good first try, and perfect mspaint picture too, that's pretty much all I would need to go off of.

                            The only idea I'm throwing around in my head right now is a wallet that has a digital photo frame on the front, and when you open it, there's a screen inside that tells you your remaining bank account/credit card balances in each card slot.

                            Now that you opened up that can of worms, customstuff, what would you guys think about noise canceling headphones with built in phone?
                            This was also discussed. The general idea here behind ordinary items becoming "intelligent" as you continue to wire them into the Internet in creative ways.
                            Last edited by Reincarnate; 05-9-2011, 09:03 PM.

                            Comment

                            • Spenner
                              Forum User
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 2403

                              #29
                              Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

                              There is going to be some BIG TIME competition, CG society is a beast. I might give it a good thinking and whip out my ol' Cinema 4D again.

                              Comment

                              • midnghtraver
                                Icarus Moth
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 2064

                                #30
                                Re: ($10,000 prize) nVidia NVArt 06: Moving Innovation

                                Originally posted by Spenner
                                Cinema 4D
                                Want

                                Comment

                                Working...