How good is your sense of rhythm?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zon Fire
    ♎♏
    • Nov 2006
    • 1082

    #46
    Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

    84% 4 Wrong.
    Not bad.

    Comment

    • DarkbearX
      Shimose
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Feb 2006
      • 1995

      #47
      Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

      84%. At points I wasn't fully focused since I was having conversations.

      Got 2, 5, 14, and 23 wrong.
      im gay
      SRL Page
      Castlevania IV, Super Metroid, and Cave Story speedruns
      D e e R F o r C e Leaderboards

      Comment

      • jakeyjake7
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2006
        • 343

        #48
        Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

        80%

        This really should not be called a rhythm recognition test more than it is a sample memorization test. Majority of the test is based on your ability to discern if the sample changed. Yes, they change rhythmically, but there's also a change in the sound of the drum hits, which can trigger a different type of musical activity in the brain I would imagine. Either way, I'm content.
        Originally posted by tuv
        I enjoy eating my beard

        Comment

        • rsr2
          Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
          • Oct 2004
          • 1386

          #49
          Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

          I got 80% and I am really surprised by that result >_>
          Originally posted by MrGiggles
          "You shouldn't believe what everyone says about me. I took a shower with my cousin, once. And I have racist thoughts."

          Comment

          • TC_mistrisofevl
            Mr. Hardass McHardasson
            • Jun 2007
            • 261

            #50
            Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

            Originally posted by UserNameGoesHere
            I got 88%

            How good/bad is that for someone who has had no formal musical training?

            86.1% on the tone test linked from that original test page.

            4.5 Hz on the adaptive pitch test.

            90% on the visual test
            Never got around to the rhythm because I took it once and forgot to get score so I didn't take it again.

            52.8 on tone deaf, reliably differentiate two tones 21.6 hz apart and 70% on the visual test.

            Honestly, I was fine when I could relate the music to the shapes, but sometimes it just looked like random nonsensical bs.

            This is for someone who has played music or been around music all his life. Maybe this is why I'm so bad at singing but am great at instrumental... Either way, these scores are depressing

            Comment

            • The_Toymaker
              FFR Veteran
              • Oct 2011
              • 820

              #51
              Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

              100%. Get in mah belly!

              Comment

              • ScylaX
                urararararararara
                FFR Music Producer
                • Dec 2007
                • 1044

                #52
                Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

                68%
                But I still love rhythm and music making. I relied more on the vibes of the song than on the technical aspect of the rhythms that were played to discern eventual differences though ; if I felt a difference or not instead of mnemonically comparing the two rhythms played.
                Suimega is my present username!!! (b-but feel free to call me scylaax anyway) | https://suimega.bandcamp.com/

                Comment

                • Cavernio
                  sunshine and rainbows
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 1987

                  #53
                  Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

                  I got 76% or maybe 74%, whichever one makes sense.
                  I also did all the other tests there, and got 63.9 on the tonedeaf one and could distinguish sounds acurately to 4.2hz on a 500hz pitch.
                  I'm surprised I did as poorly as I did on the tonedeaf test, and I thought I'd be a lot better on the Hz test since it drives me up the wall listening to someone who's off pitch. It's the worst when hearing a band or orchestra tune and individuals think they're on when they're off. Of course I didn't realize I could replay the test until halfway through.
                  Of course, I didn't realize that I could replay each passage to figure out if it was the same or not until I was done the rhythm one, the tonedeaf one and halfway through the pitch one. I'm sure I would've done better on ones where I just wasn't sure if I could hear them again.
                  The visual auditory test was weird, and I scored above 90 or above for everything. It seemed much more like a very basic, simple IQ test that actually involved using sound, rather than every other IQ test out there that uses only visuals or visuals and knowledge. Oh, and I did hit replay quite often here. I know I would have scored much worse if I hadn't.

                  I don't think ffr helps me at all with that rhythm test. For me it was all about if I remembered it right.
                  And completely opposite izzy, I like playing rhythm games auditorally, not visually. I can't stand it in rockband if the auditory sync is off, but as long as the visuals are somewhat on, I don't care about them.
                  Last edited by Cavernio; 11-29-2011, 03:04 PM.

                  Comment

                  • ScylaX
                    urararararararara
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 1044

                    #54
                    Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

                    I've got 91.7% correct on the tonedeaf test, also
                    Suimega is my present username!!! (b-but feel free to call me scylaax anyway) | https://suimega.bandcamp.com/

                    Comment

                    • Cavernio
                      sunshine and rainbows
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 1987

                      #55
                      Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

                      As I suspected: I retook the test using up all the 10 replays this time and I did much better, 92%.

                      Not sure how much simply retaking the test helped me; the rhythms definitely sounded familiar now though, ~6 hours later. Which is actually kinda what replaying them would do anyways. I didn't check how I did for each individual trial the first time, so I didn't have any knowledge that way.

                      What I think I can take away from all this is something I already knew: I fail at visuals because it took me 3.5 tests to catch onto the replay button and I never noticed the arrow to see more results until I after reading people's answers to individual trials.


                      edit: Ahh, I also retook the adaptive pitch test, and I figured out something. I seem to be able to much more easily tell if the 2nd tone was lower. I started answering higher when both tones sounded identical, and I got them right. And so I did better again, 2.7hz.
                      Last edited by Cavernio; 11-29-2011, 03:29 PM.

                      Comment

                      • who_cares973
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 15407

                        #56
                        Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

                        80% like reincarnate i tricked myself on some of the rofl

                        Comment

                        • iCeCuBEz v2
                          XFD
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 4924

                          #57
                          Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

                          yo how do i see how i did on this test i only did it once

                          oh oops i was focusing on pitch recognition that test seemed kinda piss easy
                          I bring my math homework to church. It helps me find a higher power.

                          Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.

                          Comment

                          • 25thhour
                            I like max
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 2922

                            #58
                            Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

                            68% Very pitiful considering i've been playing drums for three years. My mom was also talking in the background which hindered my ability to pay attention.
                            r bae adam bae max bae bridget bae claudia bae trevor bae adam2 bae mayo bae keith bae

                            Comment

                            • MikeShinoda12345
                              *\(^o^)/*
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 1890

                              #59
                              Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

                              92% in the lounge of my dorm
                              yeah but then I've played a lot of drums so w/e

                              Comment

                              • _Stepdude_
                                FFR Player
                                • Dec 2010
                                • 641

                                #60
                                Re: How good is your sense of rhythm?

                                I tried the Rythm thing, got 72%, probably because I thought about sounds and not rythm all the time.

                                Tried the tone deaf, got 96%

                                Tried the Adaptive Pitch scored: 0.76875 Hz. I was down at 0,019 Hz but then I just failed a few times, so probably around 0.1-0.3 Hz is my sweet spot

                                Comment

                                Working...