11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • irionman
    FFR Veteran
    • Jul 2007
    • 1196

    #226
    Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

    Lol. Someone deletes comments they don't wanna see. Typical.
    smittyicecream 3:36 pm
    yo this pot i just got smells like straight up doo doo (good doo doo), a pungeant strong smell




    sigpic

    Comment

    • Dorby
      fake plastic deez
      • Aug 2007
      • 874

      #227
      Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

      Originally posted by Reincarnate
      It's not madness -- it's called being rational and utility-maximizing. You don't get either one through religion.

      I would say, though, that the analogy is flawed. It's not as "debatable" as me thinking a color is yellow versus someone else saying it's black, as if both views "could be equally valid" and it comes down to personal interpretation.
      I didn't mean actual madness, I was referring to the term "method to the madness" - the reason why someone does something.

      As for the analogy, it's not set up so that both, as you say, "could equally be valid" and comes down to personal interpretation. Yellow is yellow, it is not black. Everything you were saying in your previous post is exactly what I was trying to get across to everyone else, without having wall-of-text syndrome.

      tl;dr I know what you mean, even if you didn't comprehend it that way.
      Originally posted by Phynx
      And so it was, with this thread that, in 2014 Robertsona will be placed in history via the Legendary Thread section. He will be respected as a self-proclaimed master of TGB. A feat so uncared for and ignored that he himself committed suicide in early 2013.

      Comment

      • Reincarnate
        x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
        • Nov 2010
        • 6332

        #228
        Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

        It is because colors are just attribute interpretations. This is more like ignoring attributes altogether.

        Comment

        • rushyrulz
          Digital Dancing!
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2006
          • 12985

          #229
          Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

          Originally posted by ChesterDalton
          A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
          William Shakespeare
          You just quoted a suspected atheist. GG


          Comment

          • Dorby
            fake plastic deez
            • Aug 2007
            • 874

            #230
            Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

            Originally posted by Reincarnate
            It is because colors are just attribute interpretations. This is more like ignoring attributes altogether.
            You are taking it too literally. The initial message that I'm trying to portray is someone else (black) is supporting an ignorant view, and that you (yellow) are aware that this view is ignorant, and thus become agitated, taking an aggressive stance, because of how foolish and absurd the view is.
            Originally posted by Phynx
            And so it was, with this thread that, in 2014 Robertsona will be placed in history via the Legendary Thread section. He will be respected as a self-proclaimed master of TGB. A feat so uncared for and ignored that he himself committed suicide in early 2013.

            Comment

            • Reincarnate
              x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
              • Nov 2010
              • 6332

              #231
              Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

              I understand that, but I'm just saying the analogy isn't entirely accurate to the context of the situation, here.

              But yes, in the end, the point is that the religious guys who are naysaying the evidence are just outright nuts.

              Comment

              • Calcium Deposit
                I am the liquor
                FFR Music Producer
                • May 2007
                • 706

                #232
                Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

                Dorby is saying black people are ignorant

                Comment

                • irionman
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 1196

                  #233
                  Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

                  Originally posted by Calcium Deposit
                  Dorby is saying black people are ignorant
                  I don't see that.
                  smittyicecream 3:36 pm
                  yo this pot i just got smells like straight up doo doo (good doo doo), a pungeant strong smell




                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • leonid
                    I am leonid
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 8080

                    #234
                    Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

                    i do



                    Proud member of Team No

                    Comment

                    • irionman
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 1196

                      #235
                      Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

                      Originally posted by leonid
                      i do
                      Sarcasm escapes you.
                      smittyicecream 3:36 pm
                      yo this pot i just got smells like straight up doo doo (good doo doo), a pungeant strong smell




                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • MopeyJoe
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 431

                        #236
                        Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

                        What have we learned here? Christianity causes flame wars.
                        So I've returned. Maybe I can stick around for awhile.

                        Comment

                        • -11-
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 25

                          #237
                          Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

                          I am a true atheist, I don't get involved in religous arguements, all I see in this thread is skeptics and amutuer debaters but no true atheists like me.... to be perfectly frank.

                          Comment

                          • Secks69
                            Banned
                            • May 2011
                            • 445

                            #238
                            Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

                            heh, it's funny cause it talks about 11 things and your username is 11

                            Comment

                            • Mans0n
                              Sun and Stars
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 2907

                              #239
                              Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

                              this thread is now about what color socks your wearing! i'll go first.

                              White
                              http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/Br0wnbread



                              Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P

                              Comment

                              • rushyrulz
                                Digital Dancing!
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 12985

                                #240
                                Re: 11 Things the Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway

                                I'm not wearing socks, so I guess God color?
                                Last edited by rushyrulz; 05-30-2011, 09:29 PM.


                                Comment

                                Working...