I knew not fear until this day [Cool Pictures]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • leonid
    I am leonid
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Oct 2008
    • 8080

    #16
    Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

    :S



    Proud member of Team No

    Comment

    • bmah
      shots FIRED
      Profile Moderator
      FFR Simfile Author
      Global Moderator
      • Oct 2003
      • 8448

      #17
      Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

      now replace leonid's duplicating head avatar with a million worms

      Comment

      • darkshark
        Nothing.
        • Nov 2004
        • 4189

        #18
        Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

        Judging based on behavior, yeah they're silkworms. They obviously aren't trying to cocoon themselves, they don't seem to be trying to catch other insects (they wouldn't be clustered together if they were trying to catch things, too much competition for not enough food) notice how they don't really expand out onto the walls of the building or anything, they keep to the trees and low to the ground because they can eat the vegetation. The silk is just a by-product of their diet.
        Last edited by darkshark; 03-28-2011, 06:20 PM.

        Comment

        • AsphyxZero
          Banned
          • Oct 2010
          • 1823

          #19
          Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

          Originally posted by darkshark
          I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this is really amazing.

          I have a similar thing happen right on my front lawn, it's covered in webs from funnel spiders, and in the mornings, when it hits dewpoint, all of the webs turn pure white and look similar to this. I love it.
          I thought this was amazing as well.
          I actually hate bugs, but I'm quite fond of caterpillars. Maybe because that was really the only thing that made selling newspapers on sundays exciting when I was 15-16 years old (for more details, quote this post)

          Comment

          • bmah
            shots FIRED
            Profile Moderator
            FFR Simfile Author
            Global Moderator
            • Oct 2003
            • 8448

            #20
            Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

            There's a surprising number of people who are phobic to swarms of any sort, and that's known as effervo phobia (effervo = "swarm"). Combine that with the ubiquitous covering of silky white stuff, and that could be quite disgusting for some people.

            Comment

            • ninjaKIWI
              plain old ugly ass dumbas
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 3307

              #21
              Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

              I knew what this was the moment I saw the title hahahahaha.
              Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
              "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
              "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
              "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
              "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
              "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
              "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

              Comment

              • Ziergdsx18
                ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Nov 2007
                • 2800

                #22
                Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

                wtf those bikes o.o


                | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

                Comment

                • Izzy
                  Snek
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 9195

                  #23
                  Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

                  So.. what are they going to do about it?

                  Comment

                  • Netjet!
                    Sic itur ad astra
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 4701

                    #24
                    Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

                    That's very cool. I'd say it must be an experiment or something, because no one would let that entire area become encased with silkworms. I've seen these up close by my friend's house, and I can say that it's really cool.
                    RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                    Comment

                    • Bluearrowll
                      ⊙▃⊙
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 7376

                      #25
                      Re: I knew not fear until this day [Cool Pictures]

                      I don't know if it's just me, but I found this to be pretty. lol, it looks nice from a distance, with the white tree / bike. But yeah no one is going anywhere on that bike anytime soon.
                      1st in Kommisar's 2009 SM Tournament
                      1st in I Love You`s 2009 New Year`s Tournament
                      3rd in EnR's Mashfest '08 tournament
                      5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
                      9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
                      10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
                      10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

                      FMO AAA Count: 71
                      FGO AAA Count: 10

                      Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
                      PS: Cool AAA's Terry
                      - I Love You


                      An Alarm Clock's Haiku
                      beep beep beep beep beep
                      beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
                      beep beep beep beep beep
                      - ieatyourlvllol

                      Comment

                      • foxfire667
                        The FFRchiver
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 2170

                        #26
                        Re: I knew not fear until this day [Cool Pictures]

                        As far as I'm concerned that was awesome! Seeing them create webbing over an entire bicycle was definitely the best part, not only because it looks pretty cool, but think of how the owner of that bike is gonna feel when they see it like that.
                        SM pack archiver | 1.5 Billion Club | Etterna Online: [Register]

                        Comment

                        • Aldentron
                          Forum User
                          • Jul 2007
                          • 828

                          #27
                          Re: I knew not fear until this day (not safe for devonin)

                          Originally posted by i love you
                          I wonder how long that bike was resting there O_O
                          This is what I was thinking, what time window was it from the first appearance of the silk worms (this season) till photographs were taken?
                          Originally posted by top
                          what the hell happened to alden
                          i remember a time when he wuz kewl

                          like... wut

                          Comment

                          • who_cares973
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 15407

                            #28
                            Re: I knew not fear until this day [Cool Pictures]

                            looks amazing you guys are just pussies

                            Comment

                            • Zageron
                              Zageron E. Tazaterra
                              FFR Administrator
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 6592

                              #29
                              Re: I knew not fear until this day [Cool Pictures]

                              Legit creepy.

                              Comment

                              • Ickalanda
                                FFR Player
                                • Dec 2010
                                • 113

                                #30
                                Re: I knew not fear until this day [Cool Pictures]

                                At least they clump up to be easy targets for splash damage weaponry!
                                R.I.P. Steve the jellygod

                                My StarCraft II YouTube Channel!

                                Comment

                                Working...