Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR :D)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EnR
    Massive flaming dildos.
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jul 2007
    • 8431

    #31
    Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

    Originally posted by Superfreak04
    I'm assuming you're doing a factory job of some sort? I have the same kind of hours, except mine was 14. Yeah I understand it would be quite the ride, but hey, you're saving money lol.
    Yea, it's a factory job, I'll be on the assembly line.

    Just thinking about this, though... I currently drive a 97 Civic that needs some seriously help(Auto tranny is finished), but the body is in awesome condition. I can get that fixed and buy a motorcycle, both of those together would cost HALF what the S2000 costs and I'll have a car for the trips back to Sudbury and a motorcycle for fun and for work.

    Remember, this place has a garage =D
    sigpic

    Comment

    • Reincarnate
      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
      • Nov 2010
      • 6332

      #32
      Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

      As long as you factor in what the interest payments will be each month, I suppose that's OK. But don't go plugging in 3K the moment you have 3K in your account. You need to save up some buffer so you can still fend for everything else as well as maintaining a safety margin.

      Comment

      • EnR
        Massive flaming dildos.
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2007
        • 8431

        #33
        Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

        Originally posted by Reincarnate
        As long as you factor in what the interest payments will be each month, I suppose that's OK. But don't go plugging in 3K the moment you have 3K in your account. You need to save up some buffer so you can still fend for everything else as well as maintaining a safety margin.
        Of course, I'll always have money saved on the side for emergencies (car problems, theft, getting fired). I'm not the best with money, but I'm doing this to become independent as I want to go to university in California to become a BMW Master Technician.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • Sweet_Feet
          Washed Up
          • Oct 2005
          • 1934

          #34
          Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

          S2k.. good choice, 15k is a solid price too.

          Comment

          • Superfreak04
            D7 Elite Keymasher
            • Jan 2007
            • 2407

            #35
            Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

            Originally posted by EnR
            Yea, it's a factory job, I'll be on the assembly line.

            Just thinking about this, though... I currently drive a 97 Civic that needs some seriously help(Auto tranny is finished), but the body is in awesome condition. I can get that fixed and buy a motorcycle, both of those together would cost HALF what the S2000 costs and I'll have a car for the trips back to Sudbury and a motorcycle for fun and for work.

            Remember, this place has a garage =D
            Yeah I had to do assembly line as well haha. And yeah, just sell your current car for a few cheap hundred at a junk yard and buy your other car. Just try not to drive around a whole lot.

            Comment

            • EnR
              Massive flaming dildos.
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2007
              • 8431

              #36
              Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

              Originally posted by Superfreak04
              Yeah I had to do assembly line as well haha. And yeah, just sell your current car for a few cheap hundred at a junk yard and buy your other car. Just try not to drive around a whole lot.
              What did you think of it, was it repetitive/boring? I mean I like the idea of LONG HOURS and lots of day's off. I'm technically only working 26 weeks a year which I think is pretty cool. A lot better than 9-5 Monday to Friday. which is around 38 weeks a year of work for the same hours.

              Originally posted by Sweet_Feet
              S2k.. good choice, 15k is a solid price too.
              I'll most likely buying one from the states.

              1. I love road trips and driving (I put 50k on my Civic since January 2010) But that's because my Ex lived 30km's away and I'd pick her up, come here, and drive her home at the end of the day, so 90-150 a day. I was also a pizza delivery driver for 2 months.

              2. You can get a 2002-2003 S2000(the year I want, glass rear window with defrost) with around 40-60,000 MILES for 12-13 and our dollar is higher than theirs right now. For a 2002-2003 S2000 around here with that kind if mileage, you're looking at over 20,000 dollars.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • EnR
                Massive flaming dildos.
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2007
                • 8431

                #37
                Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                What about the things I NEED to bring.

                I mean... I'm sure my mom will help me out on kitchen supplies and bathroom supplies to buy and cleaning supplies.

                All I basically plan on having is a 46"-55" 1080p TV(LCD, LED, Plasma, doesn't matter) with my PS3 and a computer desk. All I really need to survive. I'm assuming I'll have to sell my drums unless the room is sealed pretty well. I may just buy another electric set.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • Superfreak04
                  D7 Elite Keymasher
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 2407

                  #38
                  Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                  Originally posted by EnR
                  What did you think of it, was it repetitive/boring? I mean I like the idea of LONG HOURS and lots of day's off. I'm technically only working 26 weeks a year which I think is pretty cool. A lot better than 9-5 Monday to Friday. which is around 38 weeks a year of work for the same hours.



                  I'll most likely buying one from the states.

                  1. I love road trips and driving (I put 50k on my Civic since January 2010) But that's because my Ex lived 30km's away and I'd pick her up, come here, and drive her home at the end of the day, so 90-150 a day. I was also a pizza delivery driver for 2 months.

                  2. You can get a 2002-2003 S2000(the year I want, glass rear window with defrost) with around 40-60,000 MILES for 12-13 and our dollar is higher than theirs right now. For a 2002-2003 S2000 around here with that kind if mileage, you're looking at over 20,000 dollars.
                  It really depends on the place. Mine had no AC, just fans that didn't help much. On my first day on the job I almost passed out due to lack of water and since it's a metal warehouse, the temperature gets to 110+ degress so make sure you keep hydrated. I really hated doing it, I only did it for the summer. There was no "set time" for work. We had to make pales, (Steel buckets), and we had to make around 32,000 a day. Givent hat the machine that makes the pales broke down pretty much every single day, we would be there forever, and by forever I mean 6 A.M. - 8 P.M. I really dreaded it because it's so boring and you get really tired by the end of the day. Since my job was about an hour away, I had to be in bed by atleast 8:30 to get a full 8 hour sleep, wake up by 4 A.M to get ready and eat, then be at work by 6. It will be a lot easier for you since you have set hours and it's only 10 minutes away, so you don't have it as bad as I did. And my work days were 5 times a week, sometimes 6. I really wasted away my summer, (missing parties, hanging with friends, etc.) But I made $600 a week, so now my friends wonder why I have so much money.


                  EDIT: Also, that T.V. eats up a lot more electricity, so the more you use it, prepare for a huge electricity bill. That's what happens at my moms house.
                  Last edited by Superfreak04; 03-17-2011, 07:40 PM.

                  Comment

                  • EnR
                    Massive flaming dildos.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 8431

                    #39
                    Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                    Originally posted by Superfreak04
                    It really depends on the place. Mine had no AC, just fans that didn't help much. On my first day on the job I almost passed out due to lack of water and since it's a metal warehouse, the temperature gets to 110+ degress so make sure you keep hydrated. I really hated doing it, I only did it for the summer. There was no "set time" for work. We had to make pales, (Steel buckets), and we had to make around 32,000 a day. Givent hat the machine that makes the pales broke down pretty much every single day, we would be there forever, and by forever I mean 6 A.M. - 8 P.M. I really dreaded it because it's so boring and you get really tired by the end of the day. Since my job was about an hour away, I had to be in bed by atleast 8:30 to get a full 8 hour sleep, wake up by 4 A.M to get ready and eat, then be at work by 6. It will be a lot easier for you since you have set hours and it's only 10 minutes away, so you don't have it as bad as I did. And my work days were 5 times a week, sometimes 6. I really wasted away my summer, (missing parties, hanging with friends, etc.) But I made $600 a week, so now my friends wonder why I have so much money.


                    EDIT: Also, that T.V. eats up a lot more electricity, so the more you use it, prepare for a huge electricity bill. That's what happens at my moms house.
                    TV will be for an hour or so of COD/RB since I don't like playing video games for long.

                    14 hour's a day 5 days a week? And only 600 a WEEK WTF.

                    I worked 50 hours a week as a laborer on a construction site and made 650+ a week
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Superfreak04
                      D7 Elite Keymasher
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 2407

                      #40
                      Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                      Originally posted by EnR
                      TV will be for an hour or so of COD/RB since I don't like playing video games for long.

                      14 hour's a day 5 days a week? And only 600 a WEEK WTF.

                      I worked 50 hours a week as a laborer on a construction site and made 650+ a week
                      Because of taxes, you get a lot less haha, and how much are you getting paid an hour? Mine was ten an hour.
                      Last edited by Superfreak04; 03-17-2011, 07:49 PM.

                      Comment

                      • EnR
                        Massive flaming dildos.
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 8431

                        #41
                        Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                        Originally posted by Superfreak04
                        Because of taxes, you get a lot less haha, and how much are you getting paid an hour? Mine was ten an hour.
                        12/h for 3 months then 14/h

                        I got paid 14 an hour back at my old job and took home 500-590 after taxes.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Superfreak04
                          D7 Elite Keymasher
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 2407

                          #42
                          Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                          Originally posted by EnR
                          12/h for 3 months then 14/h

                          I got paid 14 an hour back at my old job and took home 500-590 after taxes.
                          I hate you, lol.

                          Comment

                          • Thatskier
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 613

                            #43
                            Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                            Assembly line eh?.... Go work in china.

                            OTer: Try getting a job that isnt so boring.
                            Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

                            The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place



                            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                            Let's put it this way: This file is fun.

                            Comment

                            • EnR
                              Massive flaming dildos.
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2007
                              • 8431

                              #44
                              Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                              Originally posted by Thatskier
                              Assembly line eh?.... Go work in china.

                              OTer: Try getting a job that isnt so boring.
                              I've applied at so many god damn places, this is the only place the hired me or even gave me an interview.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Rubin0
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2006
                                • 1276

                                #45
                                Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                                Originally posted by Reincarnate
                                Most of the doormen apartments allow dogs of any size -- I've lived in two separate places here in the financial district and both allowed dogs (you can find deals that can dip as low as $1k if you buddy up and split costs).
                                I'm actually thinking of finding a place on Roosevelt Island eventually. Lots of open space to jog and there seem to be dogs everywhere. Costs haven't sky rocketed yet because people don't realize what a nice little nook it is.
                                The weight of what I say depends on how you feel.

                                Comment

                                Working...