Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR :D)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Thatskier
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2008
    • 613

    #16
    Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

    No no dont listen to rubix about food. Get a woman to make you a sammich.
    Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

    The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place



    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
    Let's put it this way: This file is fun.

    Comment

    • Reincarnate
      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
      • Nov 2010
      • 6332

      #17
      Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

      I can't beat that logic. :X

      Comment

      • EnR
        Massive flaming dildos.
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2007
        • 8431

        #18
        Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

        Originally posted by Reincarnate
        I don't know shit about cars, but that's going to be a big thing to factor in too if you choose to get one (car price + insurance + gas). I agree with superfreak that if it's a 10 minute drive, I'd seriously consider just biking it. Then again if you plan to drive around to other places (like buying groceries or visiting friends/stores/etc) or other cities, having a car is fine. It just depends on where you're living/working. Just make sure you budget correctly.

        I'm FORSURE buying an S2000. My parents are paying half and they've agree'd that I can stay under their insurance. I also plan on driving back home on my 4 off days to hang out with friends, go to Wonderland in the summer etcetc.
        Gas will only be 2-4 dollars a day to drive to work and back 20kms with a car that does 13L/100KM city.

        Also don't forget about costs like laundry. IDK if you have a washer/dryer or not. Are you planning on getting insurance, too?

        Laundry is, maybe once every two weeks? I'll be working 48 hours day shifts one week and 36 hours night shifts the next week, the it repeats. So I won't even be needing to change my clothes often.

        Here in NYC, I don't use a car and neither do most of my friends. It's a needless cost here when there's so much public transit and ways of getting around (even to other cities).
        ..

        Originally posted by Superfreak04
        If your job is 10 minutes away, why not ride a bike? You'll save gas and money this way. So when you buy your car, you won't have to use it everywhere you go.
        What if I bought a motorcycle and get my license. I mean... The bike I want can be bought BRAND NEW for 7000ish and 4000ish used and they're amazing on gas.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • Thatskier
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2008
          • 613

          #19
          Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

          Honda s2000. Yeah i have that its a wonderful summertime car. Hopefully you dont live in a place where it snows as it has no four wheel drive and (mine at least) is not a hard top
          Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

          The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place



          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
          Let's put it this way: This file is fun.

          Comment

          • Reincarnate
            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
            • Nov 2010
            • 6332

            #20
            Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

            I'm assuming you have enough right now to purchase half the car?

            Comment

            • Thatskier
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2008
              • 613

              #21
              Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

              Also they stopped making it last year. So as like all cars that arnt like 40 years old, it will depreciate but since it was stopped production less year it will... depreciate less.
              Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

              The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place



              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              Let's put it this way: This file is fun.

              Comment

              • EnR
                Massive flaming dildos.
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2007
                • 8431

                #22
                Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                Originally posted by Thatskier
                Honda s2000. Yeah i have that its a wonderful summertime car. Hopefully you dont live in a place where it snows as it has no four wheel drive and (mine at least) is not a hard top
                It snows in Kitchener, I'm not worried about snow considering my job is only 10 kms away, snow tires will be fine.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • Rubin0
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 1276

                  #23
                  Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                  My dog will be the biggest issue when I move. Most apartments in NY don't allow dogs and the ones that do don't want big dogs.
                  The weight of what I say depends on how you feel.

                  Comment

                  • EnR
                    Massive flaming dildos.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 8431

                    #24
                    Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                    Originally posted by Reincarnate
                    I'm assuming you have enough right now to purchase half the car?
                    Incorrect, I'm completely broke at the moment haha, my parents are going to help me get started with the apartment.

                    I plan on saving up for a bit, they double what I save up and borrow the rest from the bank(Yes dumb thing to do, but I want this car for atleast July). I've talked to people on s2ki.com about how dumb I am for getting a loan, so I don't need to hear about it here, haha.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Reincarnate
                      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 6332

                      #25
                      Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                      Originally posted by Rubin0
                      My dog will be the biggest issue when I move. Most apartments in NY don't allow dogs and the ones that do don't want big dogs.
                      Most of the doormen apartments allow dogs of any size -- I've lived in two separate places here in the financial district and both allowed dogs (you can find deals that can dip as low as $1k if you buddy up and split costs).

                      Comment

                      • Superfreak04
                        D7 Elite Keymasher
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 2407

                        #26
                        Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                        Originally posted by EnR
                        ..



                        What if I bought a motorcycle and get my license. I mean... The bike I want can be bought BRAND NEW for 7000ish and 4000ish used and they're amazing on gas.
                        I only suggested it since it's 10 minutes away. You would save a quite a bit of money by doing so, and you get a good workout.

                        Comment

                        • EnR
                          Massive flaming dildos.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jul 2007
                          • 8431

                          #27
                          Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                          Originally posted by Rubin0
                          My dog will be the biggest issue when I move. Most apartments in NY don't allow dogs and the ones that do don't want big dogs.
                          If I didn't have my dog, I can honestly get an apartment for 500 all inclusive, I actually have two dogs, but the big dog's been living here for 9 years, I'm not gonna make her move, she has a hard time with stairs.

                          I have a Mini Dachshund, who's coming with me :3

                          Originally posted by Superfreak04
                          I only suggested it since it's 10 minutes away. You would save a quite a bit of money by doing so, and you get a good workout.
                          I'll actually consider it, I am a little chubby (165 @ 5'6") but I'm going to buy a bowflex or some shit for the apartment.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Reincarnate
                            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 6332

                            #28
                            Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                            I don't understand. So you're saving up X amount, then your parents are giving you 2X, and then you're borrowing (Cost of car/2 - 3X) from the bank as a loan?

                            Comment

                            • EnR
                              Massive flaming dildos.
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2007
                              • 8431

                              #29
                              Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                              Originally posted by Reincarnate
                              I don't understand. So you're saving up X amount, then your parents are giving you 2X, and then you're borrowing (Cost of car/2 - 3X) from the bank as a loan?
                              So I can have the car sooner, yes.

                              I'll be buying an S2k for around 13k before taxes. So 15,000 after taxes.

                              I save up 3k, parents GIVE me 3k. I now have 6k and then I'll borrow the other 9k from the bank(aware of interest costs) over 3-5 years.

                              Originally posted by Superfreak04
                              I only suggested it since it's 10 minutes away. You would save a quite a bit of money by doing so, and you get a good workout.
                              10 minutes in car, might I add. It's 10 KM's. Do you know how unfun a 20km round trip sounds before and after 12 hour shifts, especially 7pm-7am shifts.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Superfreak04
                                D7 Elite Keymasher
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 2407

                                #30
                                Re: Attention people who live on their own (hi guys it's EnR )

                                Originally posted by EnR
                                10 minutes in car, might I add. It's 10 KM's. Do you know how unfun a 20km round trip sounds before and after 12 hour shifts, especially 7pm-7am shifts.
                                I'm assuming you're doing a factory job of some sort? I have the same kind of hours, except mine was 14. Yeah I understand it would be quite the ride, but hey, you're saving money lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...