hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vanilla Mnm
    cavs
    • Dec 2007
    • 3258

    #61
    Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

    Originally posted by stretchypanda
    Just in case you forgot, kids: feeding the trolls only makes the trolls bigger.
    Obviously.

    Comment

    • stretchypanda
      shock me shock me
      • Sep 2004
      • 4123

      #62
      Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

      Well, you SAY you understand, so I must believe you.

      Comment

      • ManWithoutBLAZZE
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2010
        • 14

        #63
        Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

        Make me admin and I will return FFR back to its former glory.
        Last edited by ManWithoutBLAZZE; 10-13-2010, 04:30 PM.

        Comment

        • wargasm1
          Cowbelling FFR
          • Apr 2007
          • 1289

          #64
          Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

          sure you would

          Comment

          • MrRubix
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2026
            • 8340

            #65
            Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

            Synth has been very much a "man behind the curtain" type of administrator. Being a sub got you a bit of an inside scoop, but any interesting information would be quickly disseminated to non-subs anyway. Any beta engines or features would, too, be exploited and distributed to those who asked off-site for a link.

            I personally prefer having admins who are part of the community. That way, the voice of the community is heard much more intimately and channeled through those with the ability to make something happen. It begins to feel like more of a democratic community where everyone has a say in the eventual outcome of things as opposed to a "We'll just sit back and hope we like what the admins give us" framework.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0es0Mip1jWY

            Comment

            • YouAreAwsome
              FFR Player
              • Jun 2006
              • 106

              #66
              Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

              so im gonna be a mod.

              best decision ever.

              Comment

              • Patricoo
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2003
                • 432

                #67
                Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

                I say this genuinely and hypothetically. Can you blame some admins for not being as vocal or public when a good portion of the FFR community (especially the forum) tends to just be cynical, trolls, or disapproving?

                Comment

                • YouAreAwsome
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 106

                  #68
                  Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

                  nah, thats cuz ppl take TGB seriously

                  Comment

                  • DotKritic
                    Forum User
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 2974

                    #69
                    Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

                    I thought TGB was a game.

                    FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
                    Save 50% on Codecademy Plus, Pro, or Pro Student

                    Comment

                    • Ryusei_
                      God
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 1085

                      #70
                      Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

                      Originally posted by Patricoo
                      I say this genuinely and hypothetically. Can you blame some admins for not being as vocal or public when a good portion of the FFR community (especially the forum) tends to just be cynical, trolls, or disapproving?
                      Trolls are everywhere and have always been a a huge part of the community. When you say yes to being an admin, you're saying "Yes, I would love to look after a bunch of ungrateful abusive 6 year olds"

                      Mods and admins as a whole are generally (with the random douchebag exception) left out of the trolling and flames because a good number of them are respected in the community. If one pops up that we feel doesn't belong, it's a fair guess that you're going to hear some disgruntled posts.

                      Comment

                      • i love you
                        Live a wonderful life~
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 7315

                        #71
                        Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

                        Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                        Not really understanding the point of this thread.

                        Quickest possible way to say this: let Synth handle his site the way that he wants to. The dedicated staff members know that they are working to help his cause, not to better their own.
                        This is basically all i wanted to say.

                        Also, Sprite already said that there's a team currently working on the site so that already answers the question of this thread.
                        ===============================
                        The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
                        ===============================

                        Comment

                        • YouAreAwsome
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2006
                          • 106

                          #72
                          Re: hmm, I wonder, whats gonna happen now with admins/mods ....

                          Originally posted by DotKritic
                          I thought TGB was a game.

                          Comment

                          Working...