New Venetian Snares album!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dood gone krazee
    RATOOOOOOOOO
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2007
    • 1939

    #31
    Re: New Venetian Snares album!

    I listened to Gentlemen from the Simfile DB, and it sounded kind of like much of his other works, more similiar to the Winnipeg albums, but he has weird effects and talking in it. Click the link Ground_Breaker provided earlier to go to Gentlemen.

    I like it, thinking about making an investment on the album.
    -4th Official Tournament Expert Divison Champion-

    Originally posted by Sir_Thomas
    Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
    Originally posted by robertsona
    I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

    "[++] 9/10
    Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"

    Comment

    • Ground_Breaker
      FFR Veteran
      • Jun 2007
      • 789

      #32
      Re: New Venetian Snares album!

      Originally posted by TheRapingDragon
      Also - Based on mixed reviews here, can someone tell me if it's worth me getting this if I've only liked the Rossz and Winnipeg albums?
      I haven't heard more than "Die Winnipeg Die Die Die F*ckers Die" from that album, so I can't really speak on that, but I know Rossz was heavily inspired by his trip to Hungary, so I'd say he sort of departed from his traditional style and went a little more orchestral in that album.

      So, I probably couldn't tell you if you'll like the album based on if you've only liked RCAS and Winnipeg, but I can tell you what Detrimentalist is like, as I have the full album.

      Originally posted by dood gone krazee
      it sounded kind of like much of his other works, more similiar to the Winnipeg albums, but he has weird effects and talking in it.
      There is some form of talking or lyrics in nearly every song.

      As far as the percussion goes, it's everything you'd expect from VSnares, but the other sounds are all over the board. There's a bit of orchestral ambience in Miss Balaton, while Sajtban and especially Bebikukorica Nigiri have some 8-bit goodness. Circle Pit is the crazy one, in my opinion. At one point in the song, everything kind of stops and this guy says, "Splendid, super ninja, lets...do it!" Probably from a movie. But throughout the song there are a lot of crazy sounds.

      Originally posted by EnR
      All the songs are awesome... I liked Eurocore's preview.
      The preview is pretty much repeated throughout the whole song almost...lol. Basically the guy says, "This mothaf*cka wanna see my dogs die" a bunch of times.

      Here is a link to Planet Mu Records. They've got pretty long previews of every song.
      fgsfds

      Comment

      • Oni-Paranoia
        No fucks
        • Dec 2006
        • 2440

        #33
        Re: New Venetian Snares album!

        Originally posted by Ground_Breaker
        I say veh-nee-shun.
        i think me and zero are the only ppl that pronounce it veh-net-t-in =/

        Comment

        • Izzy
          Snek
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2003
          • 9195

          #34
          Re: New Venetian Snares album!

          Are there any other words that have a tian pronounced with a tion?

          Comment

          • Ground_Breaker
            FFR Veteran
            • Jun 2007
            • 789

            #35
            Re: New Venetian Snares album!

            Originally posted by Oni-Paranoia
            i think me and zero are the only ppl that pronounce it veh-net-t-in =/
            In all probability, it could be pronounced that way. I've never actually heard Aaron Funk say it, nor have I heard anyone say it who actually knows how it's pronounced, so as far as I know, it could be any of the above pronunciations.

            I don't think it really matters how you pronounce it anyway, because typing "Venetian Snares" here on the forums doesn't require pronouncing it right.

            EDIT:

            Originally posted by Izzy
            Are there any other words that have a tian pronounced with a tion?
            Dalmatian.
            Last edited by Ground_Breaker; 06-16-2008, 12:06 PM.
            fgsfds

            Comment

            • Izzy
              Snek
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jan 2003
              • 9195

              #36
              Re: New Venetian Snares album!

              Well its a real word. But as far as band names go they can pronounce it whoever they want i guess.

              Comment

              • Ground_Breaker
                FFR Veteran
                • Jun 2007
                • 789

                #37
                Re: New Venetian Snares album!

                I personally doubt that he pronounces it differently than this:

                Originally posted by dictionary.com
                9 results for: Venetian

                [vuh-nee-shuhn]

                –adjective
                1. of or pertaining to Venice or its inhabitants.
                fgsfds

                Comment

                • Izzy
                  Snek
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 9195

                  #38
                  Re: New Venetian Snares album!

                  I doubt it to. Also i wouldn't have thought of dalmatian. I don't think i would have spelled it correctly if i was told to either.

                  Comment

                  • Ground_Breaker
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 789

                    #39
                    Re: New Venetian Snares album!

                    Originally posted by Izzy
                    I doubt it to. Also i wouldn't have thought of dalmatian. I don't think i would have spelled it correctly if i was told to either.
                    Hehe, I actually didn't think of it either.

                    allwords.com - english dictionary with multi-lingual search. Search in German, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish and English. Pronunciation files get rid of those silly symbols than nobody understands. It's free, so try the allwords.com dictionary today!


                    I just chose "Words Ending With:" and put "tian" in there.
                    fgsfds

                    Comment

                    • TheRapingDragon
                      A car crash mind
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 9788

                      #40
                      Re: New Venetian Snares album!

                      I guess I'll get it and check it out.

                      Comment

                      • TheRapingDragon
                        A car crash mind
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 9788

                        #41
                        Re: New Venetian Snares album!

                        Ok so I got it and have listened to it once (last night). On my second listen now.

                        I have to say that it's not bad. It's not his best but it's not his worst either. Definitely listenable.

                        Circle Pit grabbed my attention the most, song wise, but that was just on first impressions so we'll see how that pans out.

                        I also got "My Downfall" as Zaghurim said it was an awesome follow up to "Rossz" but after a listen of that I wasn't too impressed. It was good yes, but I preferred the fast paced Rossz more.

                        Comment

                        • Mans0n
                          Sun and Stars
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 2907

                          #42
                          Re: New Venetian Snares album!

                          I also just recently got his album (yesterday) and I gotta say all the songs were great, but the two that grabb'ed my attention most was, Circle Pit, and Bebikukorica Nigiri.
                          http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/Br0wnbread



                          Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P

                          Comment

                          • lord_carbo
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 6222

                            #43
                            Re: New Venetian Snares album!

                            Originally posted by omgitznpv
                            Why does everybody step VSnares there are a lot of better similar artists out there that make for better files
                            Wrong.

                            I have listened to all the **** in the mother****ing book and I have only heard ONE song not by Aaron Funk in 7/8.

                            And never mind the breaks: the actual drum samples and splices are RAW AS **** and totally awesome and totally define the music.

                            also, vsnerz is coo~~

                            Originally posted by TheRapingDragon
                            I already knew about this but was turned off it as, I was told, he mixes dance stuff with various of his usual breakcore techniques.

                            Personally I've not liked any of his stuff apart from the Rossag and Winnipeg albums.
                            Not even Cavalcade of Gee?
                            last.fm

                            Comment

                            • TheRapingDragon
                              A car crash mind
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 9788

                              #44
                              Re: New Venetian Snares album!

                              I actually own that Cavalcade of Glee... on CD. I don't think I've given it enough listens but I can remember not being fussed on it. Maybe, as I said, I need to listen to it more.

                              Comment

                              • NumiGamer
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2007
                                • 337

                                #45
                                Re: New Venetian Snares album!

                                Would you suggest any songs from this album for someone (me) who only likes Szamar Madar, Szerencsetlen, My Half, Hajnal, and Pwntendo?
                                Originally posted by tofurox;
                                Roflwagon

                                Comment

                                Working...