Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shashakiro
    TWO THOUZAND COMBO
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2005
    • 9082

    #31
    Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

    Originally posted by madmatt621
    The U.S. is in debt by that amount times 4.
    I'm pretty sure you're off by a factor of around 1000. There's no way the U.S. is 12 quadrillion in debt. For one thing, it's not physically possible to spend that much money on anything--a thousand Iraq wars wouldn't even come close. 12 quadrillion is probably closer to the total combined amount of money that has ever been spent on anything by anyone in the history of mankind.

    Regardless, no matter how bad the damage is, people never seem to fail to seek disproportionate amounts of money for said damages...

    where the hell did the guy who wants a quadrillion pull that number from, anyway? A hat? There's no way anyone could suffer even a trillion in damages, let alone a thousand times that. He may as well have asked for a googleplex dollars, he's got the same chance of actually getting it.

    For those who still don't realize exactly how gi-****ing-nourmous a quadrillion is, keep in mind that if a quadrillion dollars were divided amongst every single human being in the entire world, including children and infants, EVERYONE would recieve around $150,000. Yeah. Every single person in the world would be at least fairly well-off, and larger families would be rich.

    >_<
    Last edited by Shashakiro; 01-10-2008, 11:38 PM.
    4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

    Originally posted by Boogiebear
    use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

    Comment

    • Psycho8137
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 265

      #32
      Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

      Originally posted by ledwix
      well excuse people like me for deciding to be born in new orleans. o.O
      I didn't mean you. I mean the people who first decided "I want to live in a city that is several yards below sea level, that is against the the sea, and protected by a wall!" I get that it's not so simple as them just moving out, now. But seriously, who the f*** decides to live in a city below sea level bordering the ocean!?
      Last edited by Psycho8137; 01-10-2008, 11:39 PM. Reason: Decency.


      ^^^ Tass

      Comment

      • hironakamura
        FFR Player
        • Dec 2007
        • 6

        #33
        Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

        moronic.

        our national debt alone is somewhere around 9, 10 trillion. a quadrillion? honestly, stfu.

        Comment

        • ledwix
          Giant Pi Operator
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2006
          • 2878

          #34
          Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

          yeah; it'll hit 10^13 by the end of the bush era

          Comment

          • ELRayford
            Custom User Title
            • May 2004
            • 1547

            #35
            Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

            Originally posted by Kanye West
            George Bush doesn't care about black people
            Oh and another thing, I have lived in a majority of the SE and well I would never live on the coast below sea level. What do people think will happen? Thats like me making a AAA video and expecting BS not to be called. I am sure the local govt's had all the say in the water levies and dams. Always looking for someone to blame. Can't blame that ho Katrina cause she up and left.

            Comment

            • Hylian
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2004
              • 314

              #36
              Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

              That's a lot of money >_>.


              Comment

              • Coolboyrulez0
                VICES
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Aug 2006
                • 10042

                #37
                Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

                They have got to insane.
                https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                Comment

                • purebloodtexan
                  FFR Player
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 2845

                  #38
                  Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

                  Originally posted by Psycho8137
                  I didn't mean you. I mean the people who first decided "I want to live in a city that is several yards below sea level, that is against the the sea, and protected by a wall!" I get that it's not so simple as them just moving out, now. But seriously, who the f*** decides to live in a city below sea level bordering the ocean!?
                  Would you say the same thing to Oklahoma? They get more tornadoes than we do.

                  What about those that get hit by the tsunami in 2004?

                  On top of that, New Orleans, from what I know, didn't suffer from major hurricane problems until recently. They were a large city of what many people consider to be history and culture. We can't take that and move it some place else.

                  What they could've done, however, is evacuated. From what I know, they heard about they hurricane a long time in advance. Even if the levees worked fine, I usually stick with "better safe than sorry" with certain actions, and I never regret it.


                  Comment

                  • MalReynolds
                    CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                    • Sep 2003
                    • 6571

                    #39
                    Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

                    I hope they get hit by another hurricane, those greedy prats.
                    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                    My new novel:

                    Maledictions: The Offering.

                    Now in Paperback!

                    Comment

                    • Psycho8137
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 265

                      #40
                      Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

                      Originally posted by purebloodtexan
                      Would you say the same thing to Oklahoma? They get more tornadoes than we do.

                      What about those that get hit by the tsunami in 2004?

                      On top of that, New Orleans, from what I know, didn't suffer from major hurricane problems until recently. They were a large city of what many people consider to be history and culture. We can't take that and move it some place else.

                      What they could've done, however, is evacuated. From what I know, they heard about they hurricane a long time in advance. Even if the levees worked fine, I usually stick with "better safe than sorry" with certain actions, and I never regret it.
                      What does ANY of that have to do with the logic of "Let's build a city below sea level on the coast!"?


                      ^^^ Tass

                      Comment

                      • Kekeb
                        davai
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 2765

                        #41
                        Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

                        lol quadrillion

                        Comment

                        • Relambrien
                          FFR Player
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 1644

                          #42
                          Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

                          Originally posted by Coolboyrulez0
                          They have got to insane.
                          Best line.

                          Anyway, I'm sitting back here laughing. It's New Orleans vs. the Government! Who will win?

                          ...Well if it's anything like what the conspiracy theories say, then the Government commanded Katrina, who knocked out New Orleans. It should be a one-round victory for the Government.

                          Comment

                          • Shashakiro
                            TWO THOUZAND COMBO
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 9082

                            #43
                            Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

                            yeah katrina was clearly a plot by the government.

                            Those bastards and their secret weather-controlling machines! It's all so obvious now.
                            4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

                            Originally posted by Boogiebear
                            use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

                            Comment

                            • ieatyourlvllol
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 3221

                              #44
                              Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

                              yeah osnap better start runnin from da government

                              But really, everyone knows that all of the unfeasible claims came from hopeful (or joking, more likely) victims, or perhaps even from non-victims. Any sensible victim stayed near what would be considered a proper claim amount. My own family decided to relinquish our share of the aid money, knowing that it would go to better use elsewhere.

                              Comment

                              • purebloodtexan
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 2845

                                #45
                                Re: Katrina victims want quadrillions of dollars

                                Originally posted by Psycho8137
                                What does ANY of that have to do with the logic of "Let's build a city below sea level on the coast!"?
                                Because those are all places where natural disasters occur often, just like the coast.

                                Hell, I remember surviving one atleast tornado and atleast one flood. I still live here.

                                My dad was born near the floodplains, and experienced floods often. He still lived there before moving here.

                                My mom had hurricanes in Corpus Christi. She still lived there until she moved here.


                                Comment

                                Working...