Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The_Q
    FFR Player
    • May 2004
    • 4391

    #31
    RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

    <3 Q

    Q

    Comment

    • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
      Threat Emulation
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2004
      • 5184

      #32
      i see a few others noticed my typo:
      PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR wrote:
      They were born 23 months premature.


      I am still LoL'ing at that comment.

      --Guido
      Should be 23 weeks (yes i edited the first post).

      On another note, yes they will be normal it just temporarily put a hole in the pocketbook of my family. They have turned out to be beautiful little girls

      Also, i do not wholly disagree with Whorli. If they can't be of use to society on their own then that is just too bad. Like in baseball, 3 strikes and your out. No exceptions

      Originally posted by Lightdarkness
      I'm light f**king darkness

      Comment

      • CypherToorima
        Boss of all bosses
        • Jul 2003
        • 2452

        #33
        It's sad. I feel sorry for that little girl, but I don't think she should have been kept alive. I feel sorry for the parents, but they shouldn't have tried to keep the girl alive. Everybody wants a healthy child, and it must be a shock when they get a babie not quite up to their expectations.


        alas, I still have problems with the whole "I just live for myself" attitude people have, but that's the way the world works.
        I'm a figantic gaggot

        Comment

        • tnyhwk900
          FFR Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4106

          #34
          Originally posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
          Should be 23 weeks
          That's still almost a half of a year, which is ridiculous. Even 23 days is pushing it.

          Comment

          • Moogy
            嗚呼
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2003
            • 10303

            #35
            My dad was a month premature and he was fine.
            Plz visit my blog

            ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #36
              Originally posted by moogy
              My dad was a month premature and he was fine
              haha... SOOOOO many things i could say to this. but, silence works best i believe.
              RIP

              Comment

              • The_Q
                FFR Player
                • May 2004
                • 4391

                #37
                Originally posted by CypherToorima


                alas, I still have problems with the whole "I just live for myself" attitude people have, but that's the way the world works.
                What's great is that it's been proven to be the most effective way of living. It's how I choose to live and, in all honestly, I'm quite happy with myself. I do feel bad for screwing some people over, but then I realize "It'll eventually work to their favor."

                Q

                Comment

                • Jam930
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 1069

                  #38
                  You guys are acting like she's gonna grow up being a teenager who's all picky about her own appearance and cry.



                  She'll have a different childhood and won't end up like a normal person.

                  She'll "adapt". She'll learn to be happy with what she is because it's the only way it could work out. She'll be forced to be happy with it. I think the parents should do their best to pay off what she costs, but it's not really their fault.

                  There are people born without both arms and legs and they grow up... and are often happy.


                  If she puts on a mask, she's more functional than a lot of people I know.

                  Jeez guys, should we just kill off deaf and blind people? She's just a bit nasty.

                  There are ugly, fat, physically challenged, unhappy people all over the world... you guys think they should be executed?

                  You guys are over-reacting.
                  -Jamie

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #39
                    most of those types of people don't need 40+ surgeries within their first 3 years of life just to survive.... that is a waste of taxpayers money. chances are that kid won't survive past 5 or 6 anyway, yet hundreds of thousands of gov't money will have been used to try.

                    we aren't over-reacting. its an extreme case and calls for extreme measures.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • Layla-Day
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 124

                      #40
                      Even though she may not live a life like regular born people, you cant just let somebody drop dead and forget about it. Those parents love her to death and it would hurt them even more to just let her die.

                      And those people who are talking about how she looked, you are the types of idiots that she will have to grow up to and face. People dont realize that not everybody will look the same as you. Some people are going to be born with physical disabilities, because the world isnt perfect. Everyone is unique in a way and you'll just have to get used to it.

                      and even of you dont care, there is a lot of people willing to help her because it just breaks theirs and my heart to see a little girl suffer like that.

                      Comment

                      • whorlichan
                        Tiny Plastic Meat
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 669

                        #41
                        Layla, I don't care that she looks like the Phantom of the Opera minus the mask. I wouldn't care if she had an extra leg growing where her nose should be. What I CARE about, is the fact that she WOULD NOT BE ALIVE without the tubes in her throat to breathe, and the tubes in her stomach to eat, and the FOURTEEN SURGERIES that her parents did not pay for all by themselves. If she was just hideous, or blind, or deaf--sure, let her live. There's lots of people like that, and they can live their lives just fine. But she CANNOT LIVE without all this extra crap. Why should I pay for that, when my tax dollars could go to build a new school somewhere there are underprivileged kids who can survive without tube-feeding/breathing techniques? Or perhaps fund surgeries for people who fell off of roofs, or got shot in the middle of a gang fight, or SOMETHING that doesn't require hundreds of thousands of dollars per year for someone who isn't going to be able to live a normal life.

                        EDIT:
                        Originally posted by Layla-Day
                        and even of you dont care, there is a lot of people willing to help her because it just breaks theirs and my heart to see a little girl suffer like that.
                        Yes. It does break my heart. SHE SHOULDN'T BE SUFFERING BECAUSE SHE SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE AT ALL.
                        Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
                        First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
                        My lame LJ
                        My friend Cassie's amazing photography

                        Comment

                        • Kilgamayan
                          Super Scooter Happy
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 6583

                          #42
                          I think I can sum up the situation with a simple picture.

                          Pretend Mr. T is parental love and the guy in green is logic.
                          Attached Files
                          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                          Comment

                          • evilbutterfly
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2003
                            • 5784

                            #43
                            People think that others are forgetting that beauty is skin deep, and it's what's on the inside that matters, but what they're forgetting is that what's on the inside in this case is...nothing. She's missing bones. She can't function on her own. Granted, I'm not gonna say "omgosh they should kill her!" because I'm not one to advocate killing, but I will say that I understand the logic behind doing such a thing.

                            And Jamie, I don't think anybody's saying we should kill off everybody with problems. However, Sparta did it, and they were pretty cool, right? But nah, we should give everybody a fair chance.

                            PS: has anybody else noticed the rise in people with only 1 or 2 posts? It's scary.
                            So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                            In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                            So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                            And I write the blog for their website.

                            Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                            Comment

                            • emccky
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2004
                              • 4811

                              #44
                              I still can't see the video.. It just comes up as a Ford commercial.

                              Comment

                              • JurseyRider734
                                lil j the bad b-word
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 7507

                                #45
                                The video comes up AFTER the commercial. You have to wait.
                                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                                Comment

                                Working...