Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Angel_with_a_past
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2004
    • 1

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

    um yeah shes a little girl i mena who knows...medical tecnology is movieng so fast now that helthey may beable to cure her some day...yeah may sound unrealistic but god everyone deserves a chance, who knows maybe im just optimistic but what gives you the right to judge someone you dont know nor know anythign about...i think for her faimly to be that strong and protect her and help her along is amasing...and who ever posted negitive remarks...just think about if it were you or your child.

    Comment

    • Squeek
      let it snow~
      • Jan 2004
      • 14444

      #17
      RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

      I think if you're going to make a valid argument, you should make it readable.

      I will translate.

      "ZOMG MY COMMENT DOESN'T MATTER".

      For real this time:

      "She's a little girl. I mean who knows...medical technology is moving so fast now that they may be able to cure her someday. May sound unrealistic but everyone deserves a chance. Who knows, maybe I'm just optimistic, but what gives you the right to judge someone you don't know nor know anything about. I think for her family to be that strong, protect her, and help her along is amazing. Whoever posted negative remarks, just think about it if it were your own child."

      Ok, thinking. Would I want to shell out thousands of dollars a day to support a lost cause?

      ~Squeek

      Comment

      • whorlichan
        Tiny Plastic Meat
        • Apr 2004
        • 669

        #18
        Re: RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

        Originally posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
        W O W. this just makes me think about my 2 twin cousins who are turning 3 about now and also had problems while they were young. They were born 23 months premature. At the time, one of them was the youngest person to survive heart surgery, but that was 3 years ago. Just think, it could happen in your family.
        Um...23 months premature is 14 months before anyone even thought of conceiving them. 23 weeks seems more likely to me, and even then they're probably normal babies, right? Just small and needing lots of help to live. Still a drain on resources, but at least they can grow up to DO something for the world.

        Originally posted by Angel_with_a_past
        um yeah shes a little girl i mena who knows...medical tecnology is movieng so fast now that helthey may beable to cure her some day...yeah may sound unrealistic but god everyone deserves a chance, who knows maybe im just optimistic but what gives you the right to judge someone you dont know nor know anythign about...i think for her faimly to be that strong and protect her and help her along is amasing...and who ever posted negitive remarks...just think about if it were you or your child.
        Yes, that does sound very unrealistic to me. There's no "cure" for what she has--it's not a disease that can be wiped out. It's a physical deformity. If they are able to fix it someday, it will require extensive plastic surgery and lots of physical therapy (more expenses) and the scar tissue it leaves will make her unable to do much more than she can now. I am not judging her family for loving her--I am judging the doctors who used our advanced medical technology to save someone who is pretty much useless.

        And both of you mentioned "what if it were you or your child?" Well, if it was me I'd kill myself quickly so I didn't have to survive like that. And if it were my child (the teeny tiny chance there, since I don't plan on having children at all), I wouldn't approve or allow the doctors to do any of the 14 surgeries this child had to have. I would (probably--again, I severely dislike the thought of having kids) love the child as she was until she died of her own inability to survive, and then I would remember her fondly. But I would NOT allow everyone's tax dollars to be used to save her. It's not worth it when she can't contribute to life, and will hate me for it when she grows up and can think about it. Plus, she's going to be a constant drain on both her parents and the government for financial and other support. I wouldn't want to be saved if I had her problems.

        Edit: Squeek, LD, thank you for being open-minded and intelligent in your comments and not just "OMG WHAT ABOUT THE SPAYSHUL CHEELDRUN!"
        Goddess of Chocolate Sauce
        First ever graduate of the Quetzacoatino Academy for Aspiring Deities
        My lame LJ
        My friend Cassie's amazing photography

        Comment

        • tnyhwk900
          FFR Player
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4106

          #19
          RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

          My mom works in the ICU at our local hospital and that still gave her a sick reaction. x_x

          Comment

          • GuidoHunter
            is against custom titles
            • Oct 2003
            • 7371

            #20
            Re: RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

            Originally posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
            They were born 23 months premature.
            I am still LoL'ing at that comment.

            --Guido


            Originally posted by Grandiagod
            Originally posted by Grandiagod
            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

            Comment

            • Anticrombie0909
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2003
              • 4683

              #21
              RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

              I really, really wanted to say 'owned', but figured that it would probably get me banned anywhere outside of bemanistyle. =X

              That's sad, though. Not to mention cruel of the parents to keep her alive. If it were my child, I would have had a partial-birth abortion. As much as I oppose them normally, a kid like that is going to have a horrible, stunted life- not even plastic surgery can fix that. She'll never make friends, she'll never be able to interact normally, she'll have trouble finding a job, and will probably end up living with her parents, getting nowhere. Sad but true.

              Comment

              • M-A-C
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2004
                • 430

                #22
                RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

                That makes me sad to see that. Just think....that poor girl can never live a normal life.

                Comment

                • GuidoHunter
                  is against custom titles
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 7371

                  #23
                  That doesn't mean she can't live a good and fulfilling life.

                  --Guido


                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  Originally posted by Grandiagod
                  She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                  Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                  Comment

                  • tnyhwk900
                    FFR Player
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4106

                    #24
                    Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                    That doesn't mean she can't live a good and fulfilling life.
                    Good and fulfilling != people screaming when they see you.

                    Comment

                    • Rebirth0
                      FFR Originalbro
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 8751

                      #25
                      Can't even talk. Its remarkable how bad that can be to herself. (Not just saying that about the not talking) Just think if she was a teenager, looked in the mirror, what would she think or do?

                      Comment

                      • M-A-C
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2004
                        • 430

                        #26
                        You know she can't go to school like that, she can't really do any schoolwork unless she learns sign language.

                        Comment

                        • Rebirth0
                          FFR Originalbro
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 8751

                          #27
                          It would be extremely hard to teach someone like that anything. I doubt she will ever get any schooling.

                          Comment

                          • M-A-C
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 430

                            #28
                            That doesn't really matter, but she HAS to learn sign language.

                            Comment

                            • The_Q
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2004
                              • 4391

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

                              ^^^^^

                              FFR Average IQ: -28

                              ...The guy above Robby
                              If I leave, how many points do we lose?

                              No. This is why advanced medicine goes too far sometimes. What kind of life is this kid going to have outside the family who loves her? And why are our tax dollars going to fund her FOURTEEN surgeries, when there are lots of people who need much less work to contribute much more back to society?

                              She can't eat on her own. She can't breathe on her own. She is not going to be able to make a valuable contribution to ANYTHING. She is going to need special schools and special permits for EVERYTHING she does, and everywhere she goes people are going to be horrified. I would never want to put that kind of burden on anyone, much less a little kid who thinks she's normal.

                              A lot of people are going to be offended, but this sickens me. What the hell happened to natural selection? Even 50 years ago, this kid would not have survived. Just because doctors and medicine CAN keep her alive, doesn't mean they should.
                              Not only economically feasible but for another reason: She can't help me. At all. She's going to end up costing me more by living than not. Yes, I'm a sick little terd, aren't I?

                              Q

                              Comment

                              • Tasselfoot
                                Retired BOSS
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 25185

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: Oh.. wow... this gave me a wtf reaction...

                                <3 Whorli.
                                RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...