y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • storn42
    RIP Storn D0-D0
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jun 2012
    • 3474

    #16
    Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

    Originally posted by komochii
    did anyone else remember as a kid singing a song about killing barney lol or was my childhood just fukd up xd
    I recall something similar when i was in like elementary school. don't remember pretty much anything but i feel like it was the kind of thing i heard back then.

    Originally posted by komochii
    wow wtf this thread isnt even about barney
    thats when you make it about barney
    Last edited by storn42; 07-4-2018, 11:21 AM.


    Originally posted by Xiz
    "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


    Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


    Comment

    • Funnygurl555
      T-Force's Rival
      • Dec 2010
      • 1865

      #17
      Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

      Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
      Oof tbh most of my interactions with new players are in MP, I'd have a hard time remembering the usernames sorry. Also, reason why you might see such a pattern is because when newbs get trashed it grabs attention, otherwise it's usually "hi, welcome" and other small talk for questions. When a new person comes here like they own the place, it gets quite annoying. QueenAshy posted in every Osu!mania thread she could find and her content was far from intellectual to say the least. While this may not be a problem to you, which is totally ok, it is one to me. Look, she was just told to not abuse to new thread button, and then she kept at it saying it's on other subforums so it's ok. That kind of behavior is just silly; asking a mod "does it apply to all the forum" would've been a way to do it, you know.
      Yeah okay that's fair. I agree that QueenAshy was doing and saying some things that are meh, and it totally makes sense that you're annoyed. I still think there's nicer ways to tell QueenAshy to quit it, though. Some people were doing that, and you were nice to QueenAshy at first yourself, but some people are just plain mean.

      Originally posted by komochii
      wow wtf this thread isnt even about barney
      i laughed irl when i read this
      Last edited by Funnygurl555; 07-4-2018, 11:23 AM.
      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      is funny eaman?
      Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
      Originally posted by the sun fan
      GET DUNKED FUNNY
      (eaman is her name irl, friend)

      Comment

      • G.S.M
        is watching
        • Mar 2006
        • 1072

        #18
        Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

        I don't know about you guys but after 20+ years using this series of tubes.... nothing new happening just people being people

        same old same old
        "Someone once said, 'Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgments'."

        Comment

        • Celirra
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2015
          • 749

          #19
          Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
          Yeah okay that's fair. I agree that QueenAshy was doing and saying some things that are meh, and it totally makes sense that you're annoyed. I still think there's nicer ways to tell QueenAshy to quit it, though. Some people were doing that, and you were nice to QueenAshy at first yourself, but some people are just plain mean.

          An issue I have with the "be nice to new players" mentality is that it can be largely hypocritical at times.

          See:
          Originally posted by QueenAshy
          You should attain more gameplay experience before attempting to map
          I think it's fair to say they've earned criticism and it's fair for people to dislike them at this point, and its unreasonable to always expect kindness when it's not reciprocated in an even manner.
          ,,
           ,_, -ー'"{
           ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
           ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
          彡と} 猫.{つ

          Comment

          • xXOpkillerXx
            ✘ Forever OP✘
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2008
            • 4207

            #20
            Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

            Originally posted by Funnygurl555
            Yeah okay that's fair. I agree that QueenAshy was doing and saying some things that are meh, and it totally makes sense that you're annoyed. I still think there's nicer ways to tell QueenAshy to quit it, though. Some people were doing that, and you were nice to QueenAshy at first yourself, but some people are just plain mean.
            I apologized to her on her profile for my choice of words in some of my replies. If you were new to a place, and a few old members got mad at you, wouldn't you do your best to try and rectify the situation instead of basically doing nothing ?

            EDIT: The post Celery quoted got me too. It's just terrible.
            Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 07-4-2018, 11:29 AM.

            Comment

            • Funnygurl555
              T-Force's Rival
              • Dec 2010
              • 1865

              #21
              Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

              Originally posted by Celirra
              An issue I have with the "be nice to new players" mentality is that it can be largely hypocritical at times.

              See:

              I think it's fair to say they've earned criticism and it's fair for people to dislike them at this point, and its unreasonable to always expect kindness when it's not reciprocated in an even manner.
              Yeah that most recent post of hers wasn't the best, but I think that can be read in a way that's not mean (?). Apparently those two friended each other or something.

              Originally posted by NinjaSM
              unnecessarily?

              im sorry what
              :I

              Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
              I apologized to her on her profile for my choice of words in some of my replies. If you were new to a place, and a few old members got mad at you, wouldn't you do your best to try and rectify the situation instead of basically doing nothing ?

              EDIT: The post Celery quoted got me too. It's just terrible.
              If I were in QueenAshy's shoes, yeah, I would. I'm not saying she didn't do anything wrong.
              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              is funny eaman?
              Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
              Originally posted by the sun fan
              GET DUNKED FUNNY
              (eaman is her name irl, friend)

              Comment

              • mellonxcollie
                Sectional Moderator
                Sectional Moderator
                • Dec 2006
                • 1303

                #22
                Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

                Who cares guys it's not like anyone posts here that much and we hardly get any new people. Let people shit post in peace
                Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                Comment

                • Hakulyte
                  aka Haku
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4697

                  #23
                  Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

                  I heard that between January and December; the magic words are "please" and "thank you".

                  I believe this may help my life at some point.

                  Thanks Barney for giving me the opportunity to become a better person.

                  *leaves thread gloriously and doesn't read the rest*

                  Comment

                  • SICKOVENOMOUS
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2017
                    • 125

                    #24
                    Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

                    im hard now


                    -_- star star star star.
                    dl: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8jkcsk0t2...20%27.zip?dl=0

                    Comment

                    • xXOpkillerXx
                      ✘ Forever OP✘
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 4207

                      #25
                      Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

                      Originally posted by Hakulyte
                      I heard that between January and December; the magic words are "please" and "thank you".

                      I believe this may help my life at some point.

                      Thanks Barney for giving me the opportunity to become a better person.

                      *leaves thread gloriously and doesn't read the rest*
                      I'm sure you'll read THIS though ;D

                      Comment

                      • SK8R43
                        D7 Elite Keymasher
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 4684

                        #26
                        Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

                        Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                        I'm sure you'll read THIS though ;D
                        Just THIS one word, though.
                        Thee Burstinator
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #27
                          Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

                          Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                          Who cares guys it's not like anyone posts here that much and we hardly get any new people. Let people shit post in peace
                          I think people should post more so they get a better feel of how others around them also post and slowly try to push the conversation in a meaningful way.

                          At same time, attempting to assign expectations to others has never really been helpful unless both sides have the same intention.

                          At best, you get lucky and create a topic where many people care about the outcome because it's either controversial or legitimately interesting.

                          So, really, I don't see the problem with watching new threads happen. It gives something to talk about and honestly; that's good enough by itself.

                          You may think we need only A+ God Tier quality threads, but the truth is that it doesn't really matter. You can take a terrible thread and turn it into a legendary one depending on how you approach it.

                          You just have to find the right way to do so.

                          Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                          I'm sure you'll read THIS though ;D
                          Sick White Wall Part 2 and T6 hunt. Just keep the anime north cancer roadtrip music in mind for this. Maybe it's not the best, but it was something different.

                          Gotta take the opportunities when you can.

                          Yes, I know, I didn't respond to your quote, but it's because I didn't read it. I've seen the words, but I did not imprint them in my memory.

                          Space is precious nowadays.

                          Comment

                          • xXOpkillerXx
                            ✘ Forever OP✘
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 4207

                            #28
                            Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

                            Originally posted by Hakulyte
                            Space is precious nowadays.
                            What do you mean ?

                            Comment

                            • Hakulyte
                              aka Haku
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 4697

                              #29
                              Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

                              Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                              What do you mean ?
                              I should have said time, but I guess if you saturate your mind with reading a ton of random facebook stuff, watching anime/movies/etc. you eventually reach a point where you need to take a break and reevaluate what you should care about.

                              I mostly only care about posting here if I feel like it may contribute in some way, but that's because I want to value time and yet I don't have the commitment to go a few levels deeper.

                              So, I usually end up making "mid level" posts that could need just a bit more development.

                              Makes me wonder about asking others "why" and "how" they post the way they do.

                              Comment

                              • xXOpkillerXx
                                ✘ Forever OP✘
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 4207

                                #30
                                Re: y'all need some barney and friends in your lives

                                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                                I should have said time, but I guess if you saturate your mind with reading a ton of random facebook stuff, watching anime/movies/etc. you eventually reach a point where you need to take a break and reevaluate what you should care about.

                                I mostly only care about posting here if I feel like it may contribute in some way, but that's because I want to value time and yet I don't have the commitment to go a few levels deeper.

                                So, I usually end up making "mid level" posts that could need just a bit more development.

                                Makes me wonder about asking others "why" and "how" they post the way they do.
                                I'm sorry my post was just b8 to make sure you'd read it so I made it short and seemingly serious.

                                However, I get what you mean and I agree

                                Comment

                                Working...