What's the most valuable game you own?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • _Zenith_
    Accuracy Player
    • Mar 2011
    • 4629

    #46
    Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

    Bumped because I want to make this the video game thread.

    It can be any game that you either grew up with, rarity, mechanics, gameplay, suggestions, etc.

    I liked that you guys had posted a lot yesterday and everyone enjoyed reading other's games so let's keep at it!

    Also, I won't put the price if you don't list it, but I do ask that you list the system that the game is on.
    Last edited by _Zenith_; 09-24-2014, 08:57 AM.





    Comment

    • Kanzas
      Buh
      • Jul 2014
      • 1459

      #47
      Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

      Just for the sake of posting in here and (hopefully) making people jelly af, I have a copy of "Mystical Ninja ft. Goemon" and "Goemon's Great Adventure" for the N64. Truly two of my all time favorite titles.




      Top 5
      Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
      party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
      Fei Longer - AAA
      HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
      Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0

      Comment

      • _Zenith_
        Accuracy Player
        • Mar 2011
        • 4629

        #48
        Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

        Originally posted by Kanzas
        Just for the sake of posting in here and (hopefully) making people jelly af, I have a copy of "Mystical Ninja ft. Goemon" and "Goemon's Great Adventure" for the N64. Truly two of my all time favorite titles.
        Goemon's Great Adventure @_@ Been a long time since I've heard that name haha, excellent choice.

        I'm playing Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee at the moment, but it severely dropped in value because it's available via Steam for $3. Still a childhood game for me though.





        Comment

        • Kanzas
          Buh
          • Jul 2014
          • 1459

          #49
          Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          Goemon's Great Adventure @_@ Been a long time since I've heard that name haha, excellent choice.

          I'm playing Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee at the moment, but it severely dropped in value because it's available via Steam for $3. Still a childhood game for me though.

          I've actually never gotten the chance to play that game u_u One day though, I'm sure the Game Collector guy has it at his store. Hmm..




          Top 5
          Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
          party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
          Fei Longer - AAA
          HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
          Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0

          Comment

          • Reach
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2003
            • 7471

            #50
            Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

            I still have my collection of SNES and NES games, most with manuals and a bunch of the boxes. None sealed though, as I've played the fuck out of all of them.

            I don't know what any of them are worth, but I own a ton of games I would consider classics such as these for the SNES:

            Final Fantasy 3 (With manual and box)
            Link to the Past (with manual and box)
            Earthbound (manual only)
            Chronotrigger
            Mario RPG
            Secret of Mana
            DKC 1/2/3

            For the NES I don't have any of the boxes, though I have the manuals and bestiary for Final Fantasy 1 and the Dragon warrior 1 manual as well as Mario 1/2/3.

            Don't really know what any of them are worth because I probably wouldn't ever sell them unless someone was willing to give me a lot of money XD
            Last edited by Reach; 09-24-2014, 11:23 AM.

            Comment

            • _Zenith_
              Accuracy Player
              • Mar 2011
              • 4629

              #51
              Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

              Originally posted by Reach
              I still have my collection of SNES and NES games, most with manuals and a bunch of the boxes. None sealed though, as I've played the fuck out of all of them.

              I don't know what any of them are worth, but I own a ton of games I would consider classics such as these for the SNES:

              Final Fantasy 3 (With manual and box)
              Link to the Past (with manual and box)
              Earthbound (manual only)
              Chronotrigger
              Mario RPG
              Secret of Mana
              DKC 1/2/3

              For the NES I don't have any of the boxes, though I have the manuals and bestiary for Final Fantasy 1 and the Dragon warrior 1 manual as well as Mario 1/2/3.

              Don't really know what any of them are worth because I probably wouldn't ever sell them unless someone was willing to give me a lot of money XD
              Which one out of those would you like for me to select for the OP?

              And I'm very jealous you have Earthbound and Secret of Mana. Those are two of my favorite games on the SNES. Actually they're all so good in their own way, but I didn't play Chronotrigger or Mario RPG but heard great reviews.





              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #52
                Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

                My copy of Xenoblade Chronicles is worth around $60 instead of around $90 because I removed the seal. Oops. I've never played it. Might just ask around and see if someone wants it.

                Comment

                • sweet2kill210
                  I'm okay I guess
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 594

                  #53
                  I have Donkey Kong Country for the Game Boy Color worth $90 on Amazon. Many fun times were had with that game.

                  Edit: not sure if that's my most valuable, I need to find my old games, lol.
                  Last edited by sweet2kill210; 09-28-2014, 08:03 PM.


                  Thanks Gold Stinger, you are amazing!

                  Comment

                  • _Zenith_
                    Accuracy Player
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 4629

                    #54
                    Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

                    Updated the OP, building up quite an expensive library with only a few games

                    Sweet: That is an amazing game, and the sequels are just as fun, if not more fun!

                    danceguy: I've never played, but heard great things about Xenoblade and watched some kick-ass gameplay. Definitely one of those top games in it's console.





                    Comment

                    • MarioNintendo
                      Expect delays.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 4181

                      #55
                      Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

                      Originally posted by sweet2kill210
                      I have Donkey Kong Country for the Game Boy Color worth $90 on Amazon. Many fun times were had with that game.

                      Edit: not sure if that's my most valuable, I need to find my old games, lol.
                      $10 on ebay

                      Also Zenith, update your OP. Suikoden 2 is not worth that much, god damnit :P
                      Last edited by MarioNintendo; 09-28-2014, 09:28 PM.
                      Long live the arcade!

                      Comment

                      • _Zenith_
                        Accuracy Player
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4629

                        #56
                        Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

                        Originally posted by MarioNintendo
                        $10 on ebay

                        Also Zenith, update your OP. Suikoden 2 is not worth that much, god damnit :P
                        Hell Naw! It's still saying everywhere that a new sealed copy of Suikoden 2 is worth $530 and I'll hold that true!

                        I personally don't use/like ebay. Ebay's always felt like craigslist to me and I despise that site.

                        I am trying to find older games. I used to own Jetmoto which was my first ever racing game. I have Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal for PS1.

                        Also what I've never realized is I own Super Smash Bros (N64) and Melee for the Gamecube, and I went to an old retro store yesterday and it was marked $60 for Melee. For real, I think I got it when it came out and it was only like $25-30 at the time.





                        Comment

                        • bmah
                          shots FIRED
                          Profile Moderator
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          Global Moderator
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 8448

                          #57
                          Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

                          Not directly related about game-owning, but I went to a pop culture convention, and took pics of random games. Just thought I'd share it with you guys: http://s115.photobucket.com/user/bma...y/rare%20games







                          Last edited by bmah; 09-28-2014, 10:02 PM.

                          Comment

                          • MarioNintendo
                            Expect delays.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 4181

                            #58
                            Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

                            Originally posted by _Zenith_
                            Hell Naw! It's still saying everywhere that a new sealed copy of Suikoden 2 is worth $530 and I'll hold that true!

                            I personally don't use/like ebay. Ebay's always felt like craigslist to me and I despise that site.
                            Oh, it's sealed? My apologies, then.

                            But you should learn to trust ebay. This is where games get sold. Oh well, who cares, if you won't sell it anyway :P

                            Originally posted by bmah
                            Not directly related about game-owning, but I went to a pop culture convention, and took pics of random games. Just thought I'd share it with you guys: http://s115.photobucket.com/user/bma...y/rare%20games
                            Damn, Elemental Master for $15 is actually a really good price!
                            Long live the arcade!

                            Comment

                            • hi19hi19
                              lol happy
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 12194

                              #59
                              Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

                              Originally posted by MarioNintendo
                              Suikoden 2 is not worth that much, god damnit :P
                              It's factory-sealed. You can theoretically get half a grand for that.

                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-amp-SEAL...-/251148490207
                              http://www.amazon.com/Suikoden-II-Pc...rds=suikoden+2

                              $350-400 seems to be a bit more realistic though:
                              http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ealed&_sacat=0

                              Should probably mention if the games are sealed/condition in the OP so there's no confusion.

                              Also I think I've overvalued my Valkyrie Profile a bit, $150 is probably more reasonable for the condition it's in.
                              Perfect everything but not sealed isn't getting to $200 on eBay anymore, apparently.
                              Last edited by hi19hi19; 09-28-2014, 10:42 PM.


                              Comment

                              • DragonIIDX
                                Not dragon, but dinosaur
                                • Aug 2008
                                • 916

                                #60
                                Re: What's the most valuable game you own?

                                Probably either The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask or Metroid Prime Trilogy: Collector's Edition. I don't think I have any super rare valuable games. The box for Majora's Mask got wrecked during shipping unfortunately, so that hurts the value a lot. The steel case for the Prime Trilogy is also bent now... ugh. =/


                                Originally posted by clasko1000
                                banned for having an affair with peach
                                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                                d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
                                Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

                                Comment

                                Working...