Passenger ferry sinks off the coast of South Korea. At least 6 dead and 290 missing.
Collapse
X
-
Re: Passenger ferry sinks off the coast of South Korea. At least 6 dead and 290 missi
I didn't even say it as a joke. Ik what it feels like to have a child being, you know what it is.
In Vietnam also occured a tragic similar like that, but smaller, there was like 7-8 (iirc) students going on a schooltrip (I don't remember where), they were all dead because of some reason that I can't remember (true story), and all 7-8 were hard-working students, their parents got terribly suffered.
Ik what it feels like, and I was being serious fyi.
But anyways, back to the facts, what kind of ship is that, doesn't it have lifeboats or something if the captain ordered the students to stay in their room?Last edited by Devilchilly; 04-17-2014, 07:51 PM.



Comment
-
Re: Passenger ferry sinks off the coast of South Korea. At least 6 dead and 290 missi
i was hoping that you were saying it as a joke... glad to know you think "titanic666" is a serious response to a tragic accident.
Pretty shameful that the captain is the first to be rescued considering he made a fatal mistake while operating the ship.Last edited by PriestREA; 04-17-2014, 07:52 PM.Sent from my iPhoneComment
-
Re: Passenger ferry sinks off the coast of South Korea. At least 6 dead and 290 missi
Thanks for understanding
I really hope that the captain would be responsible for all of this (he will be anyways)... And I think if I would be the manager of him, I hope I could just kick his ass off and fire him.
I would be feeling like a rotten heart if at least more than 30 died.



Comment
-
Re: Passenger ferry sinks off the coast of South Korea. At least 6 dead and 290 missi
Yeah, ik what you mean. There was this one time I was driving a school bus, and then I crashed it, and then like 28-29 schoolkids died, and that was ok. But then later, like 2 more kids in critical condition gave in to their injuries, and then I just felt like shit afterwards.


Comment
-
Re: Passenger ferry sinks off the coast of South Korea. At least 6 dead and 290 missi
madmatt.
ohwait.Comment
-
Re: Passenger ferry sinks off the coast of South Korea. At least 6 dead and 290 missi
Out of over 40 lifeboats, the only one that deployed was the one that the Captain got into. The only survivors are the ones that disregarded the "moving is more dangerous, stay in your rooms with your lifejackets on" order. Some of the text messages from the people in the boat were heartwrenching, some girl apologised to her mom for not getting souvenirs. Another apologised to everyone he wronged and said he loved everyone, after being pretty sure he was dying. Another went along the lines of "hey! let everyone know I'm still alive in here!"
Comment
-
Re: Passenger ferry sinks off the coast of South Korea. At least 6 dead and 290 missi
Vice Principal who escaped from the ferry commit suicide because of guilt: http://news.naver.com/main/ranking/r...gSectionId=102
EDIT: The captain has been charged with abandoning ship, manslaughter due to negligence, running ship aground due to negligence, breaking standards of the “Rescue and Aid at Sea and in the River Act” and breaking operating standards of the crew... minimum sentence is 5 yrs but maximum is life in prison. The 3rd officer and another crew member have also been charged with involuntary manslaughter, running ship aground due to negligence, breaking standards of the “Rescue and Aid at Sea and in the River Act” and dereliction of duty.Last edited by Nyokou; 04-18-2014, 08:28 PM.Snapchat: icequeenilseComment
-
Re: Passenger ferry sinks off the coast of South Korea. At least 6 dead and 290 missi
i'm korean and i must say, some of those texts are really fucking sad
and what the vice principal said is also really fucking sad
says soemthing along the lines of: "i feel too guilty to be living in this world because i'm the one who recommended/planned this trip, when i'm dead please cremate me and spread my ashes over the shipwreck area, so that i may teach the students even in heaven or hell"Comment

Comment