School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ELRayford
    Custom User Title
    • May 2004
    • 1547

    #16
    Re: School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

    Around 5 years ago, my sister's High School had a Lockdown because there had been a fatal attack and shooting at a bank in the Shopping Centre right across the road. My sister and some friends were hanging out there during Lunchtime when it happened, and she witnessed the entire thing. She was asked to attend Court as a witness for as long as two years later... that's a lot for a 12 - 14-year-old girl to deal with, and she still suffers from the emotional trauma today. No on could ever even imagine something that awful happening in our area, I whistled for a cab and when it came near. The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare. But I thought now forget it, yo homes to Bel Air.

    Comment

    • Crashfan3
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 2937

      #17
      Re: School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

      Stupid bitch, you called the police over the lyrics in a ringtone? There really ARE some people out there who just can't feel safe unless the cops have everything locked down. That's just sad.

      also, lol @...

      Originally posted by ELRayford
      Around 5 years ago, my sister's High School had a Lockdown because there had been a fatal attack and shooting at a bank in the Shopping Centre right across the road. My sister and some friends were hanging out there during Lunchtime when it happened, and she witnessed the entire thing. She was asked to attend Court as a witness for as long as two years later... that's a lot for a 12 - 14-year-old girl to deal with, and she still suffers from the emotional trauma today. No on could ever even imagine something that awful happening in our area, I whistled for a cab and when it came near. The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare. But I thought now forget it, yo homes to Bel Air.

      Comment

      • mrpreggers
        D7 Elite Keymasher
        • Feb 2011
        • 3395

        #18
        Re: School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

        that bastard messed up the lyrics and said twist instead of flip so i guess this story makes sense maybe will smith really was singing about shooting kids outside his school and we all just messed up the lyrics

        Comment

        • Mollocephalus
          Custom User Title
          • Jul 2009
          • 2608

          #19
          Re: School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

          Originally posted by gabrieljd
          Americans are paranoid about terrorism.
          if everyone in the fucking country has the right to get a gun so easily, there is little to blame on terrorism.

          Comment

          • Xx{Midnight}xX
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2007
            • 8548

            #20
            Re: School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            "Police say that the teenager has learned his lesson..."

            But he didn't do anything. O_o
            See this is what I wondered

            If it was me I'd go home double the volume of the clip and keep using it. There was no lesson to be learned here other than that lady is an idiotic mess for jumping without checking if it was a misunderstanding.

            Also for fucks sake if someone wants to have a ringtone about shooting things, I really don't see anything wrong here.

            Comment

            • ELRayford
              Custom User Title
              • May 2004
              • 1547

              #21
              Re: School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

              rip b-ball outside of school =(

              Comment

              • hi19hi19
                lol happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Oct 2005
                • 12194

                #22
                Re: School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

                Breaking news, the lunatics are running the asylum. Nothing new here guys welcome to 'murica...


                Comment

                • benguino
                  Kawaii Desu Ne?
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 4190

                  #23
                  Re: School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

                  The attitude in this thread...sometimes I feel like we've all become desensitized to the point where no one gives a flying **** anymore about anything and no one wants to talk about anything anymore. But heck, I still want to talk ;~; And because of that, it seems that recently that the only thing left to talk about now is ffr/sm/osu scores and because of that, the forums haven't really kept me as entertained as before.

                  As with media, sure I'll agree that I don't agree with a lot of the modern day practices of the media elite. Still, ignorance isn't a solution either; simply ignoring the world around you isn't a good philosophy in my opinion. And you gotta get your information from somewhere. If you can find a true, passionate journalist online that keeps to ethical practices of journalism and does what he or she does for the true sake of journalism as opposed to profit or fame, then good for you. And if you have the resources, time, money, and connections to go investigating yourself, even better. However, we got what we got. If you're wise, you take any new knowledge with a hint of skepticism, whether it's watching the news or having someone tell you about their religion; simply shutting them off only makes you just as close-minded as you portray them to be. If anything, learn your enemy better.

                  Also, sure, it seems like similar things seem to happen time and time again. However, every time, it's a different story with different people, different locations, different details. Dismissing it only makes the point that things are only important for the first people involved in the first incident and it undermines and belittles the people involved in similar yet entirely new situations. If you were the fifth child from your mother, wouldn't you want her to love you the same amount unconditionally as your other siblings even though she's gone through the same process with her other children 4 times already? I swear I feel one day other huge earthquake is going to happen somewhere in the world killing countless people and all we're gonna say is, "Oh, it's just another earthquake...meh."

                  Anyways, sorry for getting so off-topic, it's just I've been wanting to say this for awhile and this thread seems to have provoked me to type my novel-long thoughts. Anyways, tl;dr, please people, I don't care if you've already grown balls and you've grown them to the size of freakin watermelons, but my respect points are reserved for people that have grown their hearts enough to realize that the world contains much more than themselves and their personal desires.
                  AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                  Originally posted by Spenner
                  (^)> peck peck says the heels
                  Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                  And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                  Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                  awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                  Comment

                  • Arntonach
                    Owlbears Rock!
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 2494

                    #24
                    Re: School Shut Down Due To &quot;Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air&quot; Ringtone.

                    Can you blame the companies? People will only read/watch what they want to read/watch and if it doesn't sound appealing, they'll pass on it. if they have no one reading/watching their reports, they'll lose advertising and go out of business. So they'll show weird and gimmicky reports in a desperate grab for ratings. They'r ejust doing what they can to stay relevant and in business.
                    pack of hard stuffs

                    pack of my stuffs

                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #25
                      Re: School Shut Down Due To &quot;Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air&quot; Ringtone.

                      Even if laughable at first sight, at least that specific staff member acted accordingly. Like the reported stated (ignoring blowing it up), better someone took action if this was serious than regret it later.

                      That's how I'm seeing this thread.


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • benguino
                        Kawaii Desu Ne?
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 4190

                        #26
                        Re: School Shut Down Due To &quot;Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air&quot; Ringtone.

                        Thanks for addressing the OP and giving your thoughts on the topic, Charu. As for myself, I kinda think the people involved over-reacted a bit to the misinterpreted lyrics, but I guess it's always better to take some sort of action towards suspicious activity as opposed to mitigating the situation to oneself and doing nothing at all
                        AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                        Originally posted by Spenner
                        (^)> peck peck says the heels
                        Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                        And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                        Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                        awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                        Comment

                        • qqwref
                          stepmania archaeologist
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 4092

                          #27
                          Re: School Shut Down Due To &quot;Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air&quot; Ringtone.

                          "Oh no, I thought I heard some offensive lyrics on a student's ringtone. I should call the police immediately! Talking to the student about it would certainly never even cross my mind!"

                          edit:
                          Originally posted by reuben_tate
                          The attitude in this thread...sometimes I feel like we've all become desensitized to the point where no one gives a flying **** anymore
                          It's not like there's anything we can do about it, though. Some random idiot did something stupid, hurt others, and wasted everyone's time. Shit happens. Hell, only a few days ago some 7-year-old kid was suspended from school for eating a pop-tart into a shape some teacher thought looked vaguely like a gun. If you reacted properly every time something retarded like this happened, you simply wouldn't be able to function.
                          Last edited by qqwref; 03-3-2013, 04:36 PM.
                          Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
                          Best SDG: PANTS (86)
                          Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

                          Comment

                          • benguino
                            Kawaii Desu Ne?
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 4190

                            #28
                            Re: School Shut Down Due To &quot;Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air&quot; Ringtone.

                            Originally posted by Trogdor!!!!
                            Guess I'll be the first to ask

                            Why is this a thread
                            izzy's post doesn't count
                            Originally posted by qqwref
                            "Oh no, I thought I heard some offensive lyrics on a student's ringtone. I should call the police immediately! Talking to the student about it would certainly never even cross my mind!"

                            edit:

                            It's not like there's anything we can do about it, though. Some random idiot did something stupid, hurt others, and wasted everyone's time. Shit happens. Hell, only a few days ago some 7-year-old kid was suspended from school for eating a pop-tart into a shape some teacher thought looked vaguely like a gun. If you reacted properly every time something retarded like this happened, you simply wouldn't be able to function.
                            The part you quoted me on, that was more in regard as to why nobody cares about anything that goes around in the world anymore it seems. I wasn't really talking about the article at hand. I agree though that they did over-react in this case. Simply talking to the student about it or even just keeping a closer eye on the student would have been sufficient in this case kinda like what you said. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
                            AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                            Originally posted by Spenner
                            (^)> peck peck says the heels
                            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                            And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                            Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                            awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                            Comment

                            • Charu
                              Snivy! Dohoho!
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 6207

                              #29
                              Re: School Shut Down Due To &quot;Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air&quot; Ringtone.

                              Originally posted by qqwref
                              "Oh no, I thought I heard some offensive lyrics on a student's ringtone. I should call the police immediately! Talking to the student about it would certainly never even cross my mind!"
                              Dohoho, you got me there.

                              My statement still stands though, regardless if the action that was done was not necessary.


                              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                              Had a very shiny nose
                              And if you ever saw it
                              You could even say it glows

                              All of the other Snivies
                              Used to laugh and call him names
                              They never let poor Charu
                              Join in any Snivy games

                              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                              Comment

                              • Razor
                                Dan "Razor" Devilz
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • May 2004
                                • 1606

                                #30
                                Re: School Shut Down Due To &quot;Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air&quot; Ringtone.

                                i thought this was a madmatt thread
                                Originally posted by FFR Forum Awards
                                Best FFR file from 2013:
                                3rd: Retro City
                                Originally posted by Choofers
                                I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.

                                Comment

                                Working...