Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vro
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 378

    #46
    Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

    Originally posted by Crashfan3
    Maybe I'm misinformed but this looks as though it's Nintendo's only hope seeing as nobody's given a shit about the Wii since around 2009.
    What are you talking about? The Wii has been beating the living hell out the PS3 and the 360.

    Comment

    • ddrxero64
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2008
      • 790

      #47
      Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

      Originally posted by phe0nixblade
      I dunno maybe the reason I liked the gamecube so god damn much was because I played Tales of Symphonia near a hundred times.. There was also Metroid Prime and SSBM and all the Mario Party games that I enjoyed so much. Baten Kaitos was a good game for me Yugion the Falsebound Kingdom I think it was called was fun....
      Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD Gales of Darkness..

      ****, hooking up my gamecube now.
      F*** yea, I was just playing Super Mario Sunshine the other day, god it was awesome. Why didn't they make a part 2? WHYY? I hated the idea of galaxy, sunshine was the strangest yet best of its kind for that type of mario game (I forget what they call it, but pretty much Super Mario 64 and newer).

      Oh wait. Luigi's Mansion. I GOTTA GET THIS GAMECUBE BACK UP.

      People really think the gamecube was bad, but for the game content it had some of the best games for the usual franchises. A lot of Mario and Zelda games reached their peak popularity here, and Pokemon XD was awesome as well. Sonic 2 Battle, Sonic DX, and especially Sonic Heroes towards the end (though it wa on PS2 as well I believe), Pikmin (underrated game, pretty good). The Donkey Kong bongo one was for Gamecube too right? It really did have some sweet games in the casual gaming section. Where it didn't match up in graphics, it overpowered in content and storylines. Wii tried to do the same thing, but I don't think it did it as well. Hopefully they switch up their tactic.

      But I gotta admit, I have a lot of my childhood on that Gamecube.

      Comment

      • MarioNintendo
        Expect delays.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Mar 2008
        • 4181

        #48
        Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

        I'm still hooked to Sin and Punishment 2... Why won't anyone talk about that game? It kept my Wii pretty busy, even more than SMG. I wish for more shmups on Nintendo consoles!
        Last edited by MarioNintendo; 04-28-2011, 06:00 AM.
        Long live the arcade!

        Comment

        • Reincarnate
          x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
          • Nov 2010
          • 6332

          #49
          Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

          Man, I feel old. My childhood was entirely rooted in the PC, SNES, and N64. Good times.

          Comment

          • DotKritic
            Forum User
            • Jun 2009
            • 2974

            #50
            Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

            Originally posted by Reincarnate
            Man, I feel old. My childhood was entirely rooted in the PC, SNES, and N64. Good times.
            I sometimes crank up the N64 and play some Super Mario 64 and the NES to play some Super Mario Bros. Pretty much the only two games I got addicted to as a kid.

            FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
            Save 50% on Codecademy Plus, Pro, or Pro Student

            Comment

            • Superfreak04
              D7 Elite Keymasher
              • Jan 2007
              • 2407

              #51
              Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

              Virtual Boy, oh yes. :3
              Not really

              Comment

              • DotKritic
                Forum User
                • Jun 2009
                • 2974

                #52
                Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                Originally posted by Superfreak04
                Virtual Boy, oh yes. :3
                Not really
                ...the first video game console capable of displaying "true 3D graphics" out of the box.
                http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

                FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
                Save 50% on Codecademy Plus, Pro, or Pro Student

                Comment

                • MarukuAntoni
                  mmmMMMmmm
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 521

                  #53
                  Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                  Originally posted by Reincarnate
                  Man, I feel old. My childhood was entirely rooted in the PC, SNES, and N64. Good times.
                  Oh yes! I remember Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, FF6. The awesome times.
                  IF I CAN CLIMB A TREE, I CAN CLIMB MT EVEREST. IF I CAN DRIVE A CAR, I CAN PILOT A SPACE SHUTTLE. IF I CAN PEE, I CAN BE THE PRESIDENT. IF I CAN POO, I CAN RULE THE WORLD!

                  Comment

                  • MarioNintendo
                    Expect delays.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 4181

                    #54
                    Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                    Originally posted by Reincarnate
                    Man, I feel old. My childhood was entirely rooted in the PC, SNES, and N64. Good times.
                    lol, this post reminds me this pic for some reason:

                    Long live the arcade!

                    Comment

                    • DotKritic
                      Forum User
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 2974

                      #55
                      Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                      There is always one group of about 15-20 people in the cafeteria area playing pokemon.

                      FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
                      Save 50% on Codecademy Plus, Pro, or Pro Student

                      Comment

                      • phe0nixblade
                        Praise the sun mofo
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 4281

                        #56
                        Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                        Shiiit I play pokemon at my college and connect with randoms that I could before I sold my DS
                        Nothin' wrong with playin' a game you enjoy, who cares if others don't. **** 'em.

                        Comment

                        • ddr_f4n
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2005
                          • 3807

                          #57
                          Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                          Originally posted by MarioNintendo
                          lol, this post reminds me this pic for some reason:

                          100% accurate representation of a Pokemon player's educational life.
                          Out Now!


                          Older Releases:
                          Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                          Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                          東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                          Comment

                          • ddrxero64
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 790

                            #58
                            Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                            ^ SO true. Wow, nice pic. I love that haha.

                            Comment

                            • revolutionomega
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 2240

                              #59
                              Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                              Isn't that GG guys or something? Also I noticed more of a pokemon resurgence in HS rather than college. It seems like kids in college play lots of COD, Brawl, Rock Band and MvC3.
                              "AW MAN, WE SUCK AGAIN!"
                              - Rob Schneider, The Waterboy (1998)

                              Comment

                              • dAnceguy117
                                new hand moves = dab
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2002
                                • 10103

                                #60
                                Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                                it def. depends on the campus, the social circle, etc. I've seen a ridiculous number of people playing pokemon in my cafeteria. I love that picture up there by the way

                                Comment

                                Working...