Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fido123
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2005
    • 4245

    #16
    Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

    Originally posted by ddrxero64
    I want to make a big point here. Huge point.

    Retail value: 350-400 USD

    This console is said to match and exceed the power of a PS3, have (possible) 3D and 1080p output, not to mention it'll be a lot newer in terms of technology and features. Yet PS3's were 600 when they came out. This may be the best value of a new gen console ever, compared to how much the value others were at the time they were released. Seriously, 400 when it's new, imagine when it drops to 300 months later. This is a ridiculously good value, whether or not it meets ALL of your expectations.
    Computer hardware gets cheaper as time goes on, obviously it's going to be cheaper. Anyway I'm excited to see what Nintendo comes out with next. I'll stick with my PC but I like seeing what they do from the sidelines.

    Comment

    • Izzy
      Snek
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2003
      • 9195

      #17
      Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

      I fell like nintendo set in motion this whole concept of interactive gaming that wont go away. As much as I don't like the visual sensors, voice command and touch screen stuff it is here to stay and they will most like incorporate these kinds of features from here on. These things will probably be the basis of future sony and microsoft consoles. This kind of sucks because it really takes away from the storyline and core gameplay and replaces it with silly gimicks.

      Comment

      • vro
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 378

        #18
        Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

        Originally posted by Izzy
        I fell like nintendo set in motion this whole concept of interactive gaming that wont go away. As much as I don't like the visual sensors, voice command and touch screen stuff it is here to stay and they will most like incorporate these kinds of features from here on. These things will probably be the basis of future sony and microsoft consoles. This kind of sucks because it really takes away from the storyline and core gameplay and replaces it with silly gimicks.
        Yeah, Playstation tried to do this with the Eye Toy, but no one cared then. Now, EVERYONE is trying to do it, so its definately here to stay. Lets just hope it doesn't replace traditional gaming.

        Comment

        • ~kitty~
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2007
          • 988

          #19
          Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

          We can't say for sure yet, can we? Just merely speculation of their previous contraptions. I'll just try not to think about it too much, and see what happens.

          Comment

          • supermousie
            FFR Player
            • Feb 2006
            • 1074

            #20
            Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

            "...the Nintendo project will "out perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor. Like the Xbox 360, the system's CPU will be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset, but the clocking speeds will be faster."
            This? From Nintendo? It would be nice, and there may be a small possibility, but I think I will have to call bullshit here.
            Originally posted by aperson
            yolo

            Comment

            • Coolboyrulez0
              VICES
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2006
              • 10042

              #21
              Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

              Originally posted by supermousie
              This? From Nintendo? It would be nice, and there may be a small possibility, but I think I will have to call bullshit here.
              Why is that?

              With advances in technology this is more than feasible, hell, I'm betting that the Next-gen X-box and PS consoles will outperform this console CPU and Graphics wise.

              Sadly, I still think the SNES / N64 / PSX is superior to any console out now.
              https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
              https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

              Comment

              • vro
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2006
                • 378

                #22
                Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                Originally posted by Coolboyrulez0
                the SNES / N64 / PSX is superior to any console out now.
                I second that, but I also include the PS2, and the portable systems in general.

                Comment

                • MarioNintendo
                  Expect delays.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 4181

                  #23
                  Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                  Interesting rumored photos

                  Here's a rough translation:

                  Since the first rumors of Project Cafe, or if you prefer the Wii 2, the alleged photos of the famous machine are flying all over the web. For now, all have been proven to be fake and made ​​by Internet users in full fantasy. However, the last two shots that came out after the official announcement from Nintendo (see news), are a bit more intriguing. On one hand because if it's wrong, it's jolly well done. Moreover, the design of the console is a diagram that can be found on 4Chan and which had supposedly fled from Nintendo. We can also also see what could be the controller of the Wii 2. Of course, all this is to be taken lightly for the time being since these photos have nothing official.
                  Last edited by MarioNintendo; 04-25-2011, 09:03 PM.
                  Long live the arcade!

                  Comment

                  • ninjaKIWI
                    plain old ugly ass dumbas
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 3307

                    #24
                    Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                    Originally posted by Coolboyrulez0
                    Why is that?

                    With advances in technology this is more than feasible, hell, I'm betting that the Next-gen X-box and PS consoles will outperform this console CPU and Graphics wise.

                    Sadly, I still think the SNES / N64 / PSX is superior to any console out now.
                    ?_? Counting that the next Xbox isn't planned to come out until 2015 or later, I should hope so.
                    Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
                    "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
                    "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
                    "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
                    "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
                    "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
                    "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

                    Comment

                    • who_cares973
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 15407

                      #25
                      Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                      life is ending next year so i think nintendo is playing it smart

                      Comment

                      • phe0nixblade
                        Praise the sun mofo
                        • Sep 2005
                        • 4281

                        #26
                        Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                        @Rubix How did you not like the gamecube? It was the best console ever released in my eyes. D:

                        Comment

                        • bmah
                          shots FIRED
                          Profile Moderator
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          Global Moderator
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 8448

                          #27
                          Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                          I thought the GC got the short end of the stick compared to the PS2 and other consoles during that time. Plus that, the controllers weren't much of an evolution from its predecessor, N64. However, there were some memorable games (and a lot of good games came late when the GC was dying; e.g. Paper Mario stuff).

                          Comment

                          • revolutionomega
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 2240

                            #28
                            Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                            Just make an assload of SSB games. That is all.
                            "AW MAN, WE SUCK AGAIN!"
                            - Rob Schneider, The Waterboy (1998)

                            Comment

                            • dAnceguy117
                              new hand moves = dab
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 10103

                              #29
                              Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                              Originally posted by Izzy
                              I fell like nintendo set in motion this whole concept of interactive gaming that wont go away. As much as I don't like the visual sensors, voice command and touch screen stuff it is here to stay and they will most like incorporate these kinds of features from here on. These things will probably be the basis of future sony and microsoft consoles. This kind of sucks because it really takes away from the storyline and core gameplay and replaces it with silly gimicks.
                              the interactive stuff doesn't HAVE to take away from plot and gameplay. it just hasn't progressed far enough to produce a real AAA title using all this neat stuff. I'm still kinda with you though. if physical controllers were ever to be phased out, I'd probably barely play any new games.

                              Originally posted by phe0nixblade
                              @Rubix How did you not like the gamecube? It was the best console ever released in my eyes. D:
                              the first-party titles were cool, but multi-platform games were a little broken due to ludicrous memory card requirements and slightly wonky controller setups. kinda like the wii, but not nearly as lop-sided. anyway, opinion is opinion, but you're not gonna have a lot of takers with that one.

                              Comment

                              • ddrxero64
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 790

                                #30
                                Re: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012, Details at E3 2011

                                Originally posted by supermousie
                                This? From Nintendo? It would be nice, and there may be a small possibility, but I think I will have to call bullshit here.
                                You know, at this point Nintendo has no middle ground. It either wows me with a new console/feature/game or it makes a crappy game no one will ever touch again (lol DDR Mario Mix, the first and last DDR game to ever touch Gamecube). It's never decent, just garbage or amazing. You never know what to expect.

                                Comment

                                Working...