Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Reincarnate
    x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
    • Nov 2010
    • 6332

    #16
    Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

    Yeah I was playing in the dark -- nothing scary so far though. This game reminds me of a really dark rendition of Nitemare 3D.

    Comment

    • flash dualist
      u wot m8?
      • Aug 2007
      • 1225

      #17
      Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

      Amnesia was awesome. Its laggy for me cause my computer sucks. PS3 version would be nice.
      ---C925, overhead---
      My Delta-custom noteskin sm3.9/3.95:http://puu.sh/39mwR SM5:http://puu.sh/3abeo
      My Delta-custom-note noteskin sm3.9/3.95: http://puu.sh/4rw6J SM5: http://puu.sh/4Ra1D

      Comment

      • MrGiggles
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2005
        • 2846

        #18
        Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

        Originally posted by Reincarnate
        Yeah I was playing in the dark -- nothing scary so far though. This game reminds me of a really dark rendition of Nitemare 3D.
        yeah the refinery is right about where enemies start appearing, and they really provide the serious scares in the game. The ambient phenomena are mostly to both set the mood and to give the game an excuse to lower your sanity, adding to the sense of urgency.

        Comment

        • Patashu
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Apr 2006
          • 8609

          #19
          Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

          in b4 'Eversion'

          ps did you know there's an Eversion HD now
          Patashu makes Chiptunes in Famitracker:
          http://soundcloud.com/patashu/8bit-progressive-metal-fading-world
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Mechadragon/smallpackbanner.png
          Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
          http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

          Comment

          • ffraxis
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2006
            • 114

            #20
            Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

            all STALKER titles

            just look for the mods.

            Comment

            • thechild
              FFR Player
              • Feb 2007
              • 1642

              #21
              Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

              I can't remember a time when a movie or video game has scared me. Maybe a pop up that makes me jump a little but that's it. I'm tempted to buy Amnesia right now, because it's half off on steam. Is it that good/scary? What makes it so scary?

              Comment

              • Fast Fingered Fiend
                Banned
                • Nov 2009
                • 496

                #22
                Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

                Amnesia isn't even scary wtf you guys on. Doom 3 and Silent Hill 4 are the only games that have scared me at least a bit.

                Comment

                • Reincarnate
                  x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 6332

                  #23
                  Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

                  Doom 3 isn't even that scary, but there are certainly a few moments in that game that made me literally jump up in my seat

                  Comment

                  • UnkownMan
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 1569

                    #24
                    Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

                    To be honest, there really aren't any scary games for the PC. It's all expected to pop up, and it has no shock value.

                    As in: Amnesia. Not scary at all. :\ I've been watching the TobyGames LP of it, and everything you can expect to happen does.
                    Last edited by UnkownMan; 01-1-2011, 10:44 PM.
                    Originally posted by Choofers
                    2/10 smoke weed every other day, what up den
                    We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

                    Comment

                    • MrGiggles
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 2846

                      #25
                      Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

                      Doom 3 is only scary in the sense of cheap scares through popping **** up in front of you suddenly. Amnesia is a far more elegant, atmospheric kind of scary, but I have turned several corners to find myself face to face with an enemy with a lower lip reaching his chest and freaking the **** out.

                      By the way, watching an LP doesn't really convey the same oh god i'm going to die sense that actually playing does. You immerse yourself deeper and subsequently every scare is intensified.

                      Comment

                      • UnkownMan
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 1569

                        #26
                        Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

                        The game isn't scary. Amnesia just isn't.
                        Saying it is scary is like saying that Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 isn't overrated.
                        And, yes, I have played "The Dark Descent" with the lights off. And, I wasn't phased.
                        Originally posted by Choofers
                        2/10 smoke weed every other day, what up den
                        We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

                        Comment

                        • flashpantss
                          Party Hard
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 1310

                          #27
                          Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

                          Originally posted by UnkownMan
                          The game isn't scary. Amnesia just isn't.
                          Saying it is scary is like saying that Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 isn't overrated.
                          And, yes, I have played "The Dark Descent" with the lights off. And, I wasn't phased.
                          Well, your just assuming that everyone doesn't get as easily scared as you do. If everyone didn't find Amnesia scary, then there wouldn't be a big market for it. So your making a false statement about Amnesia not being scary, because it is for some people.
                          10th in 5th Official Tournament in D3
                          3RD in Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 in D5A
                          Best AAA's= Frictional Nevada (FIRST FGO) Kyrie (ONI Get), Eradication, Of Course you Need and nEed and neEd and NEED ME, Cinnamon Roll (FIRST TO AAA)

                          Comment

                          • Reincarnate
                            x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 6332

                            #28
                            Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

                            So far Amnesia hasn't been scary. Just occasionally disturbing/unsettling, perhaps.

                            I want something that will make me piss myself.

                            Comment

                            • MrGiggles
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2005
                              • 2846

                              #29
                              Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

                              I see four options here

                              1. I'm a wuss
                              2. The people who say it isn't scary are being internet tough guys
                              3. The people who say it isn't scary are genuinely hard to scare people
                              4. All of the above

                              Comment

                              • thechild
                                FFR Player
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 1642

                                #30
                                Re: Scariest PC Games? Recommend me some and why

                                Well, I have money to blow from Christmas, so I just bought Amnesia. It's downloading right now. It's at 30%. I don't expect to **** myself, but I at least want to be unsettled or jump a bit once. I looked at the steam forums for the game, and everyone is saying not to doubt it and how good of an experience it is, but some of you are saying it isn't scary. I have yet to watch ANY gameplay of this game on youtube, so the game is completely unspoiled and I don't know what to expect.

                                Comment

                                Working...