Tales of symphonia

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tsugomaru
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2004
    • 3962

    #61
    Re: Tales of symphonia

    How many times are we going to say that the story wasn't bad over and over and over again? I thought we already established that.

    ~Tsugomaru
    Originally posted by Hiluluk
    WHEN do you think people die...?
    When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
    When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
    When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
    IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

    Comment

    • Squeek
      let it snow~
      • Jan 2004
      • 14444

      #62
      Re: Tales of symphonia

      It's not that I don't like turn-based combat. It's that the way I play RPGs, I always end up just mashing A to win every fight. Didn't happen in Persona 3, which was turn-based as well. Even when I maxed out my level, I couldn't win every fight by using Rush (which is the super-sped up version of mashing A).

      I never played Resident Evil 4. I don't deny that it's good, it's just that I don't even want to pull the disc out of the box because every time I think about it, I'm reminded of Resident Evil 0 and my mind says "do you really want to put yourself through that again?"

      Comment

      • zidart
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2006
        • 964

        #63
        Re: Tales of symphonia

        Originally posted by Squeek
        It's not that I don't like turn-based combat. It's that the way I play RPGs, I always end up just mashing A to win every fight. Didn't happen in Persona 3, which was turn-based as well. Even when I maxed out my level, I couldn't win every fight by using Rush (which is the super-sped up version of mashing A).

        I never played Resident Evil 4. I don't deny that it's good, it's just that I don't even want to pull the disc out of the box because every time I think about it, I'm reminded of Resident Evil 0 and my mind says "do you really want to put yourself through that again?"
        well then if you REALLY want to ever try out a final fantasy game then i recommend you try FFIV DS because it fits very nicely in the definition of what you said (if you played the GBA versions of the FF games i would understand that because they are easy as pie, but you played X and i thought that one you really had to constantly do other stuff than just attacking)

        and tsugomaru i was just responding to your post, to reassure that i don't think any of the stories mentioned before are bad XD.

        Comment

        • tsugomaru
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2004
          • 3962

          #64
          Re: Tales of symphonia

          I know, but every single post both of us make, we seem to mention it over and over and over again.

          FFIV does some really neat things, but if you're high leveled enough, you can really just mash A to win all your fights. The level of difficulty upon entering a dungeon can be extremely high when you first start out, forcing you to use skills to prevent enemies from attacking and heals, but by the time you reach the end of the dungeon, you'll find yourself just hitting the attack button.

          ~Tsugomaru
          Originally posted by Hiluluk
          WHEN do you think people die...?
          When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
          When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
          When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
          IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

          Comment

          • zidart
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2006
            • 964

            #65
            Re: Tales of symphonia

            Originally posted by tsugomaru
            I know, but every single post both of us make, we seem to mention it over and over and over again.

            FFIV does some really neat things, but if you're high leveled enough, you can really just mash A to win all your fights. The level of difficulty upon entering a dungeon can be extremely high when you first start out, forcing you to use skills to prevent enemies from attacking and heals, but by the time you reach the end of the dungeon, you'll find yourself just hitting the attack button.

            ~Tsugomaru
            not in the DS version, in the DS version monsters in the last dungeon are like mini-bosses.

            oh BTW FFCC was developed by another developer square-enix just published it.

            Comment

            • tsugomaru
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2004
              • 3962

              #66
              Re: Tales of symphonia

              I haven't beaten the DS version, but I can safely say that the level of difficult is definitely more challenging compared to the SNES version. However, the same trend of being able to defeat the monsters at the end of the dungeon seems to be the case. There will the occasional mob or two you'll need to cast Berserk or Silence on, but that's about it. I have no idea how much you grind each dungeon, but I do quite a bit. I just recently rescued Rosa and my party at the time were made of level 35s and I'm pretty sure that's over what I should have been.

              EDIT: Man, I can't tell which thread I'm in anymore.

              ~Tsugomaru
              Last edited by tsugomaru; 08-21-2008, 04:22 PM.
              Originally posted by Hiluluk
              WHEN do you think people die...?
              When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
              When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
              When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
              IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

              Comment

              • zidart
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2006
                • 964

                #67
                Re: Tales of symphonia

                Originally posted by tsugomaru
                I haven't beaten the DS version, but I can safely say that the level of difficult is definitely more challenging compared to the SNES version. However, the same trend of being able to defeat the monsters at the end of the dungeon seems to be the case. There will the occasional mob or two you'll need to cast Berserk or Silence on, but that's about it. I have no idea how much you grind each dungeon, but I do quite a bit. I just recently rescued Rosa and my party at the time were made of level 35s and I'm pretty sure that's over what I should have been.

                EDIT: Man, I can't tell which thread I'm in anymore.

                ~Tsugomaru
                trust me the final dungeon it is indeed 10 times more vicious... but you will see for yourself.

                Comment

                • BarberFloyd
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 79

                  #68
                  Re: Tales of symphonia

                  back to tales of symphonia. i went out and bought this game, because i glanced at this thread. it turned out to be WAY harder to find than i thought.
                  just cause i wanted it right away rather than wait a week from amazon.
                  school starts in a week.
                  Tier Points: 79 (79 + 0 for 41 AAAs)



                  Comment

                  Working...