The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sjoecool1991
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2006
    • 2302

    #16
    Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

    Originally posted by tsugomaru
    Well, I'd much rather it be translated in English, even if it's poorly, than not at all. I really can't enjoy a game when I don't understand what's going on. I've tried it before with Chrono Trigger and it didn't really work out.

    ~Tsugomaru
    Some games have english patches.
    I know Puyo Puyo does, and so does Panel De Pon DS (I already got Planet Puzzle League anyway though).

    Comment

    • Tokzic
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 6878

      #17
      Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

      Originally posted by Squeek's site
      Why pay: $29.99?
      Our Price:


      $28.99

      You Save: $1.00
      I CAN FEEL THE THUNDERING FORCE OF THE COMPETITION BEING CRUSHED

      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

      Comment

      • tsugomaru
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2004
        • 3962

        #18
        Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

        I know about the English patches. I've completed Chrono Trigger in both English and Japanese and I can say that playing it with the translations was way more fun.

        ~Tsugomaru
        Originally posted by Hiluluk
        WHEN do you think people die...?
        When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
        When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
        When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
        IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

        Comment

        • MixMasterLar
          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2006
          • 5401

          #19
          Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

          Is it me or does that guy look like Ky Kiske?

          Aside, I never played any RPG so this doesnt really make me want to get a new machine.....tho I really want a 360 for VF5
          ​

          Comment

          • Squeek
            let it snow~
            • Jan 2004
            • 14444

            #20
            Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

            Originally posted by Tokzic
            I CAN FEEL THE THUNDERING FORCE OF THE COMPETITION BEING CRUSHED
            DeepDiscount is incredibly odd about their discounted prices.

            It's $11 cheaper than anywhere else, but they advertise it as $1 less.

            Also, Namco/Bandai has never sucked with localization of Tales games. Ever.

            Comment

            • tsugomaru
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2004
              • 3962

              #21
              Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

              Honestly, I'm more worried about it being localized at all than to be localized well. Maybe this is a sign telling me that I need to learn Japanese.

              ~Tsugomaru
              Originally posted by Hiluluk
              WHEN do you think people die...?
              When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
              When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
              When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
              IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

              Comment

              • Squeek
                let it snow~
                • Jan 2004
                • 14444

                #22
                Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

                Vesperia is semi-confirmed to be an Xbox 360 title.



                ps2 port plz ps2 port plz

                or 360 price cut plz

                Comment

                • Tokzic
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2005
                  • 6878

                  #23
                  Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

                  YESSSSSSSSSSS

                  squeek you know now what you must do

                  Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                  Comment

                  • tsugomaru
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 3962

                    #24
                    Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

                    Borrow a friend's 360 to play the game?

                    ~Tsugomaru
                    Originally posted by Hiluluk
                    WHEN do you think people die...?
                    When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
                    When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
                    When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
                    IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

                    Comment

                    • Squeek
                      let it snow~
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 14444

                      #25
                      Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

                      Wait until the 360 is $200 or less and comes with a bunch of free games and controllers and stuff?

                      Comment

                      • Telvanni_guard
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 1031

                        #26
                        Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

                        I miss Tales of Destiny 2 for the PS. I don't think I ever beat it. Which is very sad for me. Squeek reminding me of Tales games. Need to go out and buy a PS again just for that. Thanks Squeek.

                        And that combat looks a bit different from what I played way back on "Eternia". Looks more rounded compared to the line combat I played with. Basis the same or are there added things thrown into the mix?

                        Comment

                        • Squeek
                          let it snow~
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 14444

                          #27
                          Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

                          Tales of Destiny 2 is a PS2 game.

                          Tales of Destiny was re-released last year as an updated PS2 game.

                          Save your money.

                          And yeah, Tales of the Abyss added "Flex Range" to the Linear Motion Battle System. You're able to run around in a full circle in a 3D plane.

                          Comment

                          • Tokzic
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2005
                            • 6878

                            #28
                            Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

                            Originally posted by Squeek
                            Wait until the 360 is $200 or less and comes with a bunch of free games and controllers and stuff?
                            no

                            go buy it now

                            and get rock band mass effect etc.

                            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                            Comment

                            • Squeek
                              let it snow~
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 14444

                              #29
                              Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

                              I just spent $300+ on Wii games.

                              I don't have the money to pay $500 just for a semi-confirmed game that might get ported.

                              Comment

                              • Squeek
                                let it snow~
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 14444

                                #30
                                Re: The only game that would make me buy a PS3 / 360.

                                Worthy of a doublepost.



                                Whoops.

                                Tales of Symphonia 2 confirmed to have every character returning.

                                I'll write up a translation in a bit. I'll translate the Vesperia trailer too. Gonna start with the text on the Symphonia trailer because text is easy.

                                Comment

                                Working...