What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FrenzyMidget
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2007
    • 1421

    #16
    Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

    They better do a good job with SSBB because Melee was a load of crap. In fact, the n64 version is by far much better... Enough to have played it for three years .

    Edit: I'm not looking foward to get any Wii games, maybe Zelda for my little brother, whenever they're going to make another one.
    Last edited by FrenzyMidget; 08-17-2007, 09:44 AM.

    Comment

    • zidart
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2006
      • 964

      #17
      Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

      Originally posted by Go_Oilers_Go
      Uhm... if I remember correctly, Corruption should be coming out on the 28th, not the 27th. And how can you be looking forward to the release of Strikers when it's already out?
      well when i have to buy it

      chromer just because you don't like many wii games doesn't mean they are bad.
      the wii will have very solid titles for this year (and some of 2008)

      Comment

      • Pyroshock
        ε=-dΦ/dt
        FFR Music Producer
        • Jul 2006
        • 1170

        #18
        Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

        Originally posted by Chromer
        Metroid Prime 3? Yeah right.
        Yeah right? Are you an idiot? Why not explain what's going to be wrong with an awesome game with a reason.

        Mario Kart Wii? Got two versions just as good for SNES and 64.
        Oh, Mario Kart Wii isn't going to be better than the SNES one. Thank you great prophet, I will be sure to avoid purchasing it.

        Super Mario Galaxy? Boo and Bee Mario? HA.
        Afraid your testicles will shrink because of cute gameplay elements? So what if it's childish, as long as it's fun.

        Resident Evil: UC? Another RE game right after a rehash of RE4? Sure Nintendo.
        What's wrong with that? The RE4 Wii version was fun, why can't Umbrella Chronicles be fun too?



        Just get out of this thread Chromer, we all know you're anti-Nintendo and there's no need for you to reinforce your ignorance.

        Comment

        • Chromer
          Hookers and Blow
          • Jul 2003
          • 4981

          #19
          Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

          Originally posted by Pyroshock
          Just get out of this thread Chromer, we all know you're anti-Nintendo and there's no need for you to reinforce your ignorance.
          Originally posted by Chromer
          Uggh. Nothing looking forward too except Brawl. SSBB is the ONLY game I want and will ever want for the Wii.
          Oh ok Pyro.

          Comment

          • Buttoxin
            FFR Veteran
            • Jul 2007
            • 278

            #20
            Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

            Anybody know what month Mario Galaxy will be coming out?

            Comment

            • chuckey
              FFR Player
              • Dec 2005
              • 137

              #21
              Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

              HOLY CRAP geometry wars!!!??? THAT BETTER NOT BE WHAT I THINK IT IS!

              JESUS LOVES YA!!!!!!!!!!!!



              Comment

              • Pyroshock
                ε=-dΦ/dt
                FFR Music Producer
                • Jul 2006
                • 1170

                #22
                Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

                Originally posted by Chromer
                Oh ok Pyro.
                I don't get it. Are you trying to say that wanting one game for the Wii makes you less anti-Nintendo?

                Comment

                • Squeek
                  let it snow~
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 14444

                  #23
                  Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

                  Originally posted by Chromer
                  Uggh. Nothing looking forward too except Brawl. SSBB is the ONLY game I want and will ever want for the Wii.

                  Metroid Prime 3? Yeah right.

                  Mario Kart Wii? Got two versions just as good for SNES and 64.

                  Super Mario Galaxy? Boo and Bee Mario? HA.

                  Fire Emblem? Never liked the series on GBA to begin with.

                  Resident Evil: UC? Another RE game right after a rehash of RE4? Sure Nintendo.

                  Soul Calibur Legends? Need I say anything else?

                  I don't want to go on but yeah, looks like waggle is going to get sloppy this fall.
                  And you call me an anti-Sony fanboy.

                  This is just sad, man. I know you can do better than this.

                  Aside from your extreme lack of interest in games where very little information is known (for whatever reason), there is one thing I would like to point out, because you don't seem to understand.

                  Nintendo does not control the flow of games released on its consoles. You know who does? THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THEM!

                  If Capcom wants to re-make Resident Evil 4 and put it on the Wii, more power to them! A lot of people bought into it, and most of them liked it, even after playing the original! At the same time, another development team at Capcom (again, not Nintendo here!) was making Umbrella Chronicles. Capcom decides when it's going to be finished. Capcom decides if it's going to have *waggle* or not. Capcom decides when it's going to be released. Capcom decides how to market it. I'm not 100% certain, but I doubt Nintendo even has a say in the disc / box manufacturing for the game.

                  The point is, Nintendo makes the hardware and the 1st party titles, and THAT'S IT. There's absolutely no reason to flame Nintendo for the content of the third party developers. End of story.

                  On another note, y'all seem to be forgetting Konami's "Dewy's Adventure" and Suda 51's "No More Heroes". They're looking really awesome so far.

                  Comment

                  • zidart
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 964

                    #24
                    Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

                    sorry squeek i reallt forgot about those two (gonna put them on my list) and im sure i'm missed something.

                    oh as for mario galaxy is out on november 12

                    Comment

                    • Chromer
                      Hookers and Blow
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 4981

                      #25
                      Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

                      Originally posted by Squeek
                      And you call me an anti-Sony fanboy.
                      Well Squeek, considering that there hasn't been a breakout title for the Wii that hasn't been First-Party produced, I'm pretty sure if you want to play a AAA title for the Wii, it had better be made by Nintendo themselves. I'm not flaming the Wii, I'm flaming Nintendo's blatant disapproval of third-party developers. Like I said before, if the game hasn't been made by Nintendo, it has not done well. There is no arguing that Squeek. End of story.

                      However, No More Heroes looks interesting. If it keeps impressing me, I might get that as well as SSBB.

                      Comment

                      • Pyroshock
                        ε=-dΦ/dt
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Jul 2006
                        • 1170

                        #26
                        Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

                        Originally posted by Chromer
                        Like I said before, if the game hasn't been made by Nintendo, it has not done well. There is no arguing that Squeek. End of story.
                        Define "done well".

                        I consider selling a million copies doing well. Therefore, two third-party games, Rayman Raving Rabbids and Red Steel, have done well.

                        Wow would you look at that. The total number of PS3 games that have done well is equal to the number of third-party Wii games that have done well.

                        Comment

                        • zidart
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 964

                          #27
                          Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

                          i agree with pyro and squeek. the wii does have third-party support the problem is anti-nintendo people say that they don't

                          just do a little research and you'll be suprised.

                          beside nintendo is really doing better than other consoles you can't deny that.

                          Comment

                          • Squeek
                            let it snow~
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 14444

                            #28
                            Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

                            To add to what Pyro said, Elebits was named "Best in Show" for E3 2006, and is incredibly popular among gamers despite not managing to sell one million copies (probably due to lack of publicity, sadly). Trauma Center also must've sold pretty well considering they care enough to spend time and money on a sequel.

                            There. Four. Last I checked, four was better than zero.

                            Oh, and disapproval?! Last I checked, all the third-party devs switched over to developing Wii games once they saw the public reaction. That was only 9 months ago. If they spit out an original game in 9 months, I'd be surprised (and it'd probably suck as rushed games usually do). 2008-2009 is when we'll see all these third-party games that were started right when Wii hit the shelves for the first time suddenly explode in popularity.

                            Ah, I figured I should finish with this.

                            1) http://kotaku.com/gaming/business/ea...ps3-285058.php
                            2) http://kotaku.com/gaming/ea/we-just-...ood-283018.php

                            In case you didn't know, EA held back development for Wii games and pushed its primary support onto the PS3. As a result, they lost their #1 spot in the games industry for third-party developers. A spot they've held for over 7 years.

                            You think other developers see this and go "Hey, let's support the PS3!". I doubt it. If I were a smart up-and-coming development team member with a great idea in mind that the team had just begun working on, I'd say to hold off on choosing a platform to focus on until after a few weeks or months of sales on the platforms come in. 9 months into the Wii's life and it's still selling out every week at about 250,000 units worldwide. 9 months into the PS3's life and it's still just sitting on shelves. A year and a half into the 360's life and Wii is about to pass it.

                            Hmm. This is a really, really tough decision.
                            Last edited by Squeek; 08-18-2007, 12:44 AM.

                            Comment

                            • ddr_f4n
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 3807

                              #29
                              Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

                              Well, on topic now, I'm looking forward to:

                              Super Smash Bros Brawl
                              DDR Hottest Party
                              Super Mario Galaxy
                              Mario Kart Wii
                              Metroid Prime 3
                              Soul Caliber Legends
                              Out Now!


                              Older Releases:
                              Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 3rd
                              Gpop's Pack of Original Pad Simfiles
                              東方幻想踊 (Touhou Gensouyou) ~ Illusionary Dance Fantasy & Vocaloid: Project Pad Pack 2nd

                              Comment

                              • zelosownsyou
                                FFR Player
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 30

                                #30
                                Re: What Games For The Wii Are You Most Looking Forward To?

                                SSBB
                                Metroid Prime 3
                                Super Mario Galaxy
                                Mario Kart Wii
                                Animal Crossing Wii
                                Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
                                When Chuck norris round house kicks you, he doesn't kill you, he erases you from the space time continuum


                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...