The Kingdom of Loathing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • devonin
    Very Grave Indeed
    Community Manager
    Event Staff
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Apr 2004
    • 10120

    #31
    Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

    Do you just shore every day, or do you even adventure much/at all anymore?

    Comment

    • NarutoFoxDemon
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2006
      • 1181

      #32
      Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

      Comment

      • evilbutterfly
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2003
        • 5784

        #33
        Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

        Originally posted by NarutoFoxDemon
        QFE
        So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

        In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

        So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
        And I write the blog for their website.

        Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

        Comment

        • Lightknight924
          FFR Player
          • Jul 2005
          • 1164

          #34
          Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

          It was this game that introduced me to FFR. I joined the clan with my brother and then came to the site soon after. I remember when there was a big hype for ascension. Tass became like the most powerful person in the clan, tried selling his account on E-bay for like $400 or something. probably still has it.

          I think I might start the game again. I remember when DiabloLoco, Cenright, EB, Afro, Tass, and a lot of the ancient regulars used to play. Our guild was great even though it's there that I established my bad reputation then brought it over to FFR.
          Pastamancers ftw.

          Comment

          • evilbutterfly
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2003
            • 5784

            #35
            Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

            DiabloLoco, Cenright, EB, Afro, Tass
            Those 2 are both me. =P

            And I forget what exactly you did. Did you take stuff from the stash or were you just annoying? All I remember is you really got on everybody's nerves and then TPS got banned cuz you did something stupid in chat, and we all got really miffed at you then.

            And ther'es no way Tass still has his account. If you don't log in for a couple weeks they delete your stuff, unless you have some sort of no-delete flag on your account like people have mentioned in this thread. I guess you get that if you're a donater? o_O
            So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

            In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

            So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
            And I write the blog for their website.

            Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

            Comment

            • devonin
              Very Grave Indeed
              Community Manager
              Event Staff
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Apr 2004
              • 10120

              #36
              Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

              If you don't log in for a couple weeks they delete your stuff, unless you have some sort of no-delete flag on your account like people have mentioned in this thread. I guess you get that if you're a donater? o_O
              If, at any rollover at any point, you had a Mr Accessory, or an item gained through trading Mr Accessories in Mr Store, your account was flagged no-delete regardless of whether you donated for it, bought it in-game, or were just lent one for the day. Also, for a while (this was changed, but after you guys would have stopped playing it sounds like) if you had a Hannukimbo Driedl, it also counted as tripping the no-delete flag.

              Comment

              • MI4 REAL
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2006
                • 237

                #37
                Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                Originally posted by devonin
                Do you just shore every day, or do you even adventure much/at all anymore?
                Mostly shoring.
                Highest Combo-3330 (Full Combo Blue Army)[10/12][Level 67]
                Highest Score-5,103,380 (Blue Army)
                Highest Level AAA-Heroes On Your Lawn At Night [9/12][Level 53]
                Highest Level FC-Choprite [11/12][70] (1796c)
                Highest Level Clear-Undici [13/12][Level 110]

                AAAs-509 (445+64)
                Tier Points-151
                Very Challenging Full Combos-89+

                Overall Average Rank Before AvMissFix-556
                (AAA:126)(FC:367)

                Standard Difficulty AAAs-57+
                Tricky Difficulty AAAs-74+
                Difficult AAAs-107+
                Very Difficult AAAs-48+
                Steppingest AAA-1442 (Bicycle Break)[7/12]

                Comment

                • Smok3y
                  ∞+1
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 407

                  #38
                  Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                  I'm guessing the FFR clan is completely out of commision now? If it wasn't I might consider playing the game again, all the Mr. Store familiars i have, seems like a waste.


                  Comment

                  • DancingCow
                    FFR Player
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 62

                    #39
                    Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                    Wow, this post really took off. I haven't been on the computer much--Graduation, prom, and stuff. It looks like there are a lot more KoL players here than I originally imagined!

                    Anyway, I am currently working on my fourth ascension. Starting over can be such a drag--My original account was so much better.







                    Comment

                    • Tps222
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 6169

                      #40
                      Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                      My brother got banned 10 times from the chat. They banned my IP and deleted my account. Previous to that, he had leeched many items without giving.

                      I think Tass had some Mr.somethings from a radio contest or something.

                      Jick and uhhh....Skullhead is it? I don't remember, but that is what I think.

                      I never understood any of the humor in the game at all. I didn't catch any of the references. I assume this is probably because I haven't played any game before 1999 that wasn't Mario or Donkey Kong, nor any Final Fantasy ever.

                      Comment

                      • MI4 REAL
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 237

                        #41
                        Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                        I wish they would bring back the old Mr Store familiars. I find it crazy to have to pay 250 mil to get one.
                        Highest Combo-3330 (Full Combo Blue Army)[10/12][Level 67]
                        Highest Score-5,103,380 (Blue Army)
                        Highest Level AAA-Heroes On Your Lawn At Night [9/12][Level 53]
                        Highest Level FC-Choprite [11/12][70] (1796c)
                        Highest Level Clear-Undici [13/12][Level 110]

                        AAAs-509 (445+64)
                        Tier Points-151
                        Very Challenging Full Combos-89+

                        Overall Average Rank Before AvMissFix-556
                        (AAA:126)(FC:367)

                        Standard Difficulty AAAs-57+
                        Tricky Difficulty AAAs-74+
                        Difficult AAAs-107+
                        Very Difficult AAAs-48+
                        Steppingest AAA-1442 (Bicycle Break)[7/12]

                        Comment

                        • dashoe93
                          Alphabet Crowd
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 2950

                          #42
                          Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                          i need money in this game lol.

                          and how do i get MR things?

                          ~DAshoe93~

                          Comment

                          • Smok3y
                            ∞+1
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 407

                            #43
                            Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                            Originally posted by dashoe93
                            i need money in this game lol.

                            and how do i get MR things?

                            ~DAshoe93~
                            A $10 donation will get you a Mr. Accessory, which you can trade for other stuff at the Mr. Store. Or you could save up and buy one in the mall, but they're relatively expensive.


                            Comment

                            • psychopete
                              Quite electrifying.
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 833

                              #44
                              Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                              After looking at how much time I have left, I'm NOT going to finish this oxycore run in time for NS13. lol I'm still attempting to get the Star Key.

                              Comment

                              • devonin
                                Very Grave Indeed
                                Community Manager
                                Event Staff
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Apr 2004
                                • 10120

                                #45
                                Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                                Originally posted by MI4 REAL
                                I wish they would bring back the old Mr Store familiars. I find it crazy to have to pay 250 mil to get one.
                                If you're talking about stuff like the Cheshire Bat, every year they retire the pair of them and replace them with new ones that function identically. If you just want old Mr Store items to come back, Jick's said more than once that it will never happen. Too many people spend too much time and effort playing the market for Jick to screw them over by reintroducing old items at only 4.5M

                                After looking at how much time I have left, I'm NOT going to finish this oxycore run in time for NS13. lol I'm still attempting to get the Star Key.
                                Honestly, unless this is a TT oxycore run, I'd seriously consider just dropping the path in order to be able to ascend the day of NS-13. The (to me) advantages of getting to jump right into the new content fresh at level 1, outweigh pretty much all the oxycore rewards except the pith helmet (I have all 6, and the helmet is -miles- better than the other ones)

                                Comment

                                Working...