The Kingdom of Loathing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chunky_cheese
    FFR Player
    • Jul 2004
    • 1736

    #16
    Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

    I'm surprised the "Regulars" didn't jump to their battle stations to flame this guy for advertising.

    Anyways, the game sounds cool, thumbs up.

    Comment

    • psychopete
      Quite electrifying.
      • Jul 2005
      • 833

      #17
      Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

      Originally posted by redwrist
      I love that game I currently play. Anyone wanna give me a mr accessory so I can get a green pixe?
      Donate the $10 to get one.

      So, I'm on my second oxycore run, and I just remembered how annoying it was to get the keys. Ah well, at least I'll have new crap to do in 9 days.

      Comment

      • Smok3y
        ∞+1
        • Feb 2006
        • 407

        #18
        Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

        Originally posted by chunky_cheese
        I'm surprised the "Regulars" didn't jump to their battle stations to flame this guy for advertising.

        Anyways, the game sounds cool, thumbs up.
        Bah, I wasn't advertising. I can see how it would sound like that now though. It really does seem awesome. =(


        Comment

        • chunky_cheese
          FFR Player
          • Jul 2004
          • 1736

          #19
          Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

          Originally posted by Smok3y
          Bah, I wasn't advertising. I can see how it would sound like that now though. It really does seem awesome. =(
          Smokey and Dancing Cow = Same person?

          Anyways, I'm just sort of worried for you, I posted an obvious ad on Nexopia (my 2nd post ever) and I was totally flamed and banned in a period of 10 seconds. I can't even FIND a topic that fast!

          Comment

          • Smok3y
            ∞+1
            • Feb 2006
            • 407

            #20
            Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

            Edit for idiocy:
            Nevermind, thought you were referring to me, I really should pay more attention. *Sigh*
            Last edited by Smok3y; 06-16-2007, 05:39 AM.


            Comment

            • Tps222
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2004
              • 6169

              #21
              Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

              This thread is not advertising. He's merely introducing the game, and providing some valuable insight for interested members. The fact that almost half of the regs here played it a while back probably helps too.

              I don't know what happened with your nexopia thread, but nexopia sucks, so if I was a reg who saw someone, with there 2nd post, post about nexopia, I think it might be different.

              Comment

              • evilbutterfly
                FFR Player
                • Apr 2003
                • 5784

                #22
                Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                GVG is just about made for advertising. Not advertising your own stuff and being like "gimme yo money" but advertising new games you've found that you'd like to share with other people. Usually real advertisers only have 1-2 posts and make a thread just to promote their own site. I've seen dancingcow around before in the MS thread, so I knew he wasn't like, Jick coming to promote KoL and try to make money.

                I really hate people trying to backseat moderate. =\

                Anywho, I ****ING MADE A NEW ACCOUNT IN KoL WTF IS WRONG WITH ME. A whole lot has changed since I last played. Way more intro stuff with Toot. Pretty nice, cuz had I forgotten how to do everything that would've helped a lot.
                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                And I write the blog for their website.

                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                Comment

                • ToxicShadow
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2003
                  • 107

                  #23
                  Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                  I played KoL once.

                  I got to first ascension then wondered how anyone could play more than one.

                  The only thing I enjoyed about it was the humor, so experiencing the humor twice seemed like a waste of time.

                  Comment

                  • lord_carbo
                    FFR Player
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 6222

                    #24
                    Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                    I once got so much meat and **** that I controlled the black pixel market just to **** around.
                    last.fm

                    Comment

                    • rel89
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2006
                      • 2046

                      #25
                      Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                      I still play.. sometimes..

                      It got boring really fast.
                      AAA's: 171 (1 + 9)
                      Most recent Godly AAA: Platypus, Koala In The Spider's Web, Intense Colors, Tell, Agenda X
                      Average: 535.3877
                      Tier Points: 206 (206 + 0 for 167 AAAs)

                      SM/GH3/FFR vids

                      Comment

                      • Smok3y
                        ∞+1
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 407

                        #26
                        Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                        Originally posted by ToxicShadow
                        I played KoL once.

                        I got to first ascension then wondered how anyone could play more than one.

                        The only thing I enjoyed about it was the humor, so experiencing the humor twice seemed like a waste of time.
                        More content's unlocked on different kinds of ascensions. And the rest of the game you've already played becomes more about optimizing what you've already done to get it done in less turns and less about reading and enjoying it. It can be pretty addicting if you let it. lol

                        I can't really get back into it right now because I was in the middle of a hardcore ascension and there's so much crap to remember to get for the end game, I can't even remember where I was, I end up logging out each time I go back to check on the game. lol Maybe I should just wing it for the heck of it.


                        Comment

                        • devonin
                          Very Grave Indeed
                          Community Manager
                          Event Staff
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 10120

                          #27
                          Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                          MI4 Real, what is the account name on that level 80?

                          As an aside, with the NS-13 content, it was joked that the level 12 quest on its own was as large as the entie existing game, and while that's an exaggeration, ifyou read the link that got posted before, a few hundreds monsters and a few thousand items are going in among other things.

                          You really can't say that you've "beaten" KoL until you've done at least a softcore, hardcore, and oxycore ascension as all 6 classes. With the new wussycore and hardercore rolling out with NS-13 there's even -more- to do before you even -start- getting into challenging yourself on optimization.

                          I've really never seen a game that was so complex and interesting, and it really does have a phenomenal community.

                          Comment

                          • Smok3y
                            ∞+1
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 407

                            #28
                            Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                            I'm guessing the new hardcore path with be the one that was talked about a while ago, where your current familiars are set aside and you have to get all your familiars during the run, so no more using the premium ones. Definitely want to try that out. I wonder what the rewards are like.


                            Comment

                            • devonin
                              Very Grave Indeed
                              Community Manager
                              Event Staff
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Apr 2004
                              • 10120

                              #29
                              Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                              Well, among other things, Jick has actually confirmed that in the harder hardcore, you will have no access to your previous familiars and have to get new ones from scratch each run. presumably it will be a seperate skill tier from Hardcore, in that I can't think of a way that is fair other than a) You have to make new hardercore perm skills or b) You just get no permed skilled through runs

                              B) is an interesting possibility, you'd HC perm skills as normal (I'd hope) but not actually have access to them while in hardercore.

                              As for rewards...Jick said that he's keeping plexiglass as the "best" equipment...so if there are additional rewards to hardercore, I assume they'll be the existing Stainless Steel and plexiglass, but with a few other extra perks, maybe 5 of the path reward instead of 3 kind of thing.

                              Comment

                              • MI4 REAL
                                FFR Player
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 237

                                #30
                                Re: The Kingdom of Loathing

                                Originally posted by devonin
                                MI4 Real, what is the account name on that level 80?
                                My KoL name is the same as it is here, "MI4 REAL"
                                Highest Combo-3330 (Full Combo Blue Army)[10/12][Level 67]
                                Highest Score-5,103,380 (Blue Army)
                                Highest Level AAA-Heroes On Your Lawn At Night [9/12][Level 53]
                                Highest Level FC-Choprite [11/12][70] (1796c)
                                Highest Level Clear-Undici [13/12][Level 110]

                                AAAs-509 (445+64)
                                Tier Points-151
                                Very Challenging Full Combos-89+

                                Overall Average Rank Before AvMissFix-556
                                (AAA:126)(FC:367)

                                Standard Difficulty AAAs-57+
                                Tricky Difficulty AAAs-74+
                                Difficult AAAs-107+
                                Very Difficult AAAs-48+
                                Steppingest AAA-1442 (Bicycle Break)[7/12]

                                Comment

                                Working...