Your oppinion of Sony

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SethSquall
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2004
    • 5477

    #31
    Re: Your oppinion of Sony

    I neither love or hate sony I prefer to use other companies for my TV, MP3 player and DVD player etc. Only because Sony merchandise are expensive. I have equally good DVD players etc from other companies that cost half the price.
    Originally posted by Tibs
    I love you, you Welsh ****

    Comment

    • blitzmage
      Banned
      • Sep 2003
      • 506

      #32
      Re: Your oppinion of Sony

      Originally posted by Chromer
      I don't expect Sony to go nowhere really. Maybe for THIS HOLIDAY SEASON yes Nintendo will totally kick ass and take names with the Wii. However, once Sony manages to make more stock of the PS3, Nintendo will be lowered to 2nd. Microsoft is just ****ty so oh well. You people have to remember that people are buying 2K-3K Ebay auctions just to get a PS3. There will be people who buy the PS3.


      ... Ugh you made me put my hand to my head.

      I know your a dedicated sony fanboy and It won't really make a diffrence to you but I am pretty sure Sony will be in a ****ty position even after the holidays.

      The PS3 generally goes past the comfort zone of most even hardcore gamers. Not many gamers are really willing to put a months wages into just the console.

      I don't think you will see many people owning a ps3 maybe even a year after release when it has been cut a few times and is JUST in the comfort zone.

      the PS3 also boast about the power of their machines graphics constantly but it seems generally comparing it to the 360 the 360 does do better. As shown in these screenshots







      It seems in the screenshot just above that the PS3 debatably overall wins in the last picture since the 360 seems to like to bloom effect the **** out of their games. Although I must say i prefer the 360 versions in the other pictures.

      I am also rather hating your anti microsoft stuff as I didn't really like the xbox due to multiple same genre games. The 360 is actually quite a decent console and it is shown they are willing to put alot of unique and intresting genres to their console now. I actually would like to buy a 360 as it has alot of games that I find suitable to my taste and fun.

      You really can't disreguard and blatently hate consoles like that because they are not sony. Give reasons for likes and dislikes.

      I won't really get into the terrible decisions sony made and how their gaming company side seems to be full of pompous twats.

      Comment

      • Magnafiend
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2005
        • 154

        #33
        Re: Your oppinion of Sony

        Also, It has been proven that the quality of graphics between blu-ray and normal DVD is barely noticable to people who were actually LOOKING for the differance. The only real plus side to blu-ray is the fact it can hold godly ammounts of information, MUCH more than anyone would need, and its price shows it. It is just way before its time really, and PS3 deciding to use this technology and STILL lose the graphics war with the 360 just kinda makes me want to lmao.
        The reaper is the happiest being of all, because death is plentiful in this realm....

        Comment

        • lord_carbo
          FFR Player
          • Dec 2004
          • 6222

          #34
          Re: Your oppinion of Sony

          Haha nice, Blitz.

          I really really really want a PS2 because I'm an absolute failure for not having one, and I know exactly what games I want for it. The PS2 in terms of hardware is bad in both reliability and power, but I've never concerned myself with that too much (well, at least power) and it has some nice games.

          The PS3, though, is horrible.

          I do own a few Sony products ... I like their burnable CDs, although I've burned Kirlian Selections two times and each time I had a problem with the CD somewhere (might just be my CD burner, though, I'll try burning it at 8X the third time). My sister has a boombox by Sony that's about 3 years old and it works fine Well, she never used it much anyway. She claimed it didn't play burned CDs, but I don't have that problem (with Sony CDs at least).

          I also really hate Sony as a company.
          last.fm

          Comment

          • Laharl
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2003
            • 1821

            #35
            Re: Your oppinion of Sony

            The PS3 is basically an over-engineered waste of money. It's more powerful than gamers need, and WILL need, for quite some time. Gaming companies are just NOW pushing the PS2's graphical engine to its limits.

            As for my comments on them jumping in at an opportune time, you have to realize it wasn't even their idea originally. Nintendo was working with them to create a CD-drive for the SNES and then the N64 once they decided to do that, but things started to go awry because neither company could get along so Sony said "We'll just do this ourselves." Smart business move, to be sure. They made a horribly buggy console that wasn't finally honed into a workable machine until after it was past its prime, though. How many people here have had a faulty Playstation? I had two of them. I was also one of the massive majority of people who had a Playstation 2 in the first year of it being out, which means I had to purchase a second one of those once my system took a **** on itself just a month after the warranty expired.

            I also don't get the Microsoft hate. The 360 is a pretty good system, guys. It has a nice controller, is plenty powerful, offers quite a good internet service, and is getting good third party support. It's still relatively new, but has had some really cool titles so far. I don't own one. Probably won't for quite awhile because I don't have any money, but if I did, I wouldn't hate on it simply for being Microsoft.

            Oh, and who's the idiot that said something about Nintendo having systems that don't last long? I remember EGM doing everything they could to their white GBA demo unit they got before the system launched that they dubbed "Jesus" because they dropped it from over 15 feet, flushed it down the toilet, spilled coffee on it, etc. etc, and it still worked. I also remember an episode of X-Play where they tested the durability of this latest generation of consoles. The PS2 broke really quick (I forgot what the first test was), the X-Box took a lot of punishment but didn't survive the long drop from like 50 feet because of how heavy it is, and the GameCube kept working even after they punted it with a ****ing sledgehammer. They would have had to replace the disc tray cover, but it still booted up, which is the important part.

            Anyway, relevant to this thread:


            ThunderClaw's latest rant and the crew's replies.
            SIG PICTURES:

            POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET

            Comment

            • Magnafiend
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2005
              • 154

              #36
              Re: Your oppinion of Sony

              Originally posted by Laharl

              I also don't get the Microsoft hate.
              Simple, fanboys who idolize their favorite company and say everything else just sucks. I agree wit you that Xbox is an amazing system, its game library just doesnt appeal to me.
              The reaper is the happiest being of all, because death is plentiful in this realm....

              Comment

              • lord_carbo
                FFR Player
                • Dec 2004
                • 6222

                #37
                Re: Your oppinion of Sony

                Originally posted by Magnafiend
                Simple, fanboys who idolize their favorite company and say everything else just sucks. I agree wit you that Xbox is an amazing system, its game library just doesnt appeal to me.
                Quite honestly I think the Xbox was a horrible system in terms of software selection. The size of the thing was huge, too, which isn't exactly appealing.

                On the other hand, I think the 360 is pretty decent.
                last.fm

                Comment

                • Nataka
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 5

                  #38
                  Re: Your oppinion of Sony

                  I enjoy the ps2, not so much the ps3 (so far). I have a 360 and I want a wii. Sure I love making jokes about sony but I don't defend them to much.

                  Comment

                  • slipstrike0159
                    FFR Player
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 568

                    #39
                    Re: Your oppinion of Sony

                    Ahaha, I'm not trying to be a stubborn fanboy, but i guess it has just been me that the company hasnt been kind to. I constantly find that my gamecube cant function really well after multiple uses and even though the nintendo 64 was an amazing system i found that i would have to try SEVERAL times turning the power on and off replacing the game and trying again to get it to turn on properly. Also, all of my friends who have had a DS have hade a major problem with having thier touch screens being scratched very easily. I have a DS and i didnt have that problem, and i personally liked the multiplayer feature a whole lot, but the batery hasnt been very nice at all. Like i said, i may be the only one, but i have had a lot of problems with nintendo because of what SEEMED like a lack of durability. I own all of the systems and treated them all just about the same, so thats where i find my basis for arguement.
                    As far as the xbox goes, it was pretty bulky and when it first came out it had a limited selection of genres compared to the others. It is more directed towards a set crowd of gamers instead to appealing to the general community. Plus i was unlucky enough to have my xbox fried because of the power cord making me replace it and have all of my saved game files erased.
                    Now dont get me wrong, i have had my fair share of sony problems too like their walkmans, boomboxes, controllers, etc. But i guess what i was trying to get across is that i have found MORE and more severe problems with the others.

                    Comment

                    • Magnafiend
                      FFR Player
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 154

                      #40
                      Re: Your oppinion of Sony

                      yep, evryone has their problems, i know what you mean. My gamecube suddenly wouldnt read disks for some reason and had to be replaced at one point, but other than that Nintendo has been good to me, and most of the other companies as well actually.
                      The reaper is the happiest being of all, because death is plentiful in this realm....

                      Comment

                      • Afrobean
                        Admiral in the Red Army
                        • Dec 2003
                        • 13262

                        #41
                        Re: Your oppinion of Sony

                        Also, all of my friends who have had a DS have hade a major problem with having thier touch screens being scratched very easily.
                        wow who woulda guessed that a screen would be prone to getting scratched? I mean, that's a standard problem with all portable gaming systems (sup psp lolz) and that's also why Nintendo made the DS and SP fold shut to protect the screen.

                        In short, it's your stupid friends' fault for not treating their screen with the respect it deserves. I had no problem beating the **** out of my GBC, because even if the screen was scratched, it still played fine. I imagine normal play would be much more difficult on a DS on which you need to touch the screen regularly during play.

                        And your gamecube: sucks for you. Nintendo products are, in general, solid. And like everyone bashing PS2s, saying that they needed to get them fixed or replaced... my PS2 has many hours of play on it, it hasn't been perfectly taken care of, it's been opened up in a failed effort to mod it, and it still functions 100% as good as it did the day I got it. What I'm trying to get at here, is that most Nintendo products are good, even if yours sucked, just like most PS2s broke easily, even though mine didn't.

                        Comment

                        • tsugomaru
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2004
                          • 3962

                          #42
                          Re: Your oppinion of Sony

                          Is your PS2... the one?

                          Anyways, my friends has a Nintendo DS and his screen has no visible scratch. He has had it for the longest time now, like since it came out.

                          If you somehow screwed up with your Nintendo DS,



                          ~Tsugomaru
                          Originally posted by Hiluluk
                          WHEN do you think people die...?
                          When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
                          When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
                          When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
                          IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!

                          Comment

                          • lord_carbo
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 6222

                            #43
                            Re: Your oppinion of Sony

                            Originally posted by slipstrike0159
                            I constantly find that my gamecube cant function really well after multiple uses
                            Overheating; give it a little space on the sides (an inch is good enough).

                            Or there's the extremely small chance your system is faulty (it's Nintendo, so there's a really high chance it's the first one, and I'll probably doubt you when you say "oh I gave it some space it's definitely the hardware lolo").

                            Originally posted by slipstrike0159
                            and even though the nintendo 64 was an amazing system i found that i would have to try SEVERAL times turning the power on and off replacing the game and trying again to get it to turn on properly.
                            The magic of game cartridges; thank nature and it's "dust."

                            Originally posted by slipstrike0159
                            Also, all of my friends who have had a DS have hade a major problem with having thier touch screens being scratched very easily.
                            You can wipe the scratches off the screen, which means that either your friends are dumb because they didn't know that or they're even dumber for pressing on the screen WAY too hard.

                            Out of all things you've listed there shouldn't be a single problem with the touch screen. By the time scratches become noticable the battery should be extremely weak from constant recharging and they'd probably need to get a new DS.

                            Originally posted by slipstrike0159
                            I have a DS and i didnt have that problem, and i personally liked the multiplayer feature a whole lot, but the batery hasnt been very nice at all.
                            The batteries for both DS Bricks I own are fine. Each one has enough juice to last nearly a day of non-stop use. It's no powerhouse, but it works. Supposively the DS Lite's battery is even better!
                            last.fm

                            Comment

                            • Laharl
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2003
                              • 1821

                              #44
                              Re: Your oppinion of Sony

                              A lot of people scratched the hell out of their DS screens. A lot of people also pushed down MUCH harder than is necessary as well as not cleaning it properly. My DS (if I could find the damn thing) only had screen issues because I bought it used and it had a very, very, very minor scratch that was hardly noticeable. I used the system a lot, used the touch pad a lot, and never had any new problems with it whatsoever.
                              SIG PICTURES:

                              POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET

                              Comment

                              • ToshX
                                FFR Player
                                • Feb 2004
                                • 5111

                                #45
                                Re: Your oppinion of Sony

                                A lot of DS Lite users had problems with their consoles cracking. These are people that handled it with perfect care when it didn't have any scratches to begin with. It has to do with tension on the console itself in its cramped room. It does it by itself. Literally, you could have it brand-new, put it in a box, check back months later and see it cracked.

                                Don't know if it's been said yet. tl;dr :/

                                Comment

                                Working...