Games guys can play with their girlfriends

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • metsfan001
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2004
    • 250

    #61
    Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

    Originally posted by Tasuke
    You can get monkey ball on the PS2 can't you?
    SMB Deluxe. I think they came out with another one for PS2 as well.

    Comment

    • nforcer06164
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2003
      • 4772

      #62
      Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

      Get a Wii.

      Oh yeah. And any Katamari or Monkey Ball game sounds good, too.

      PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
      Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
      Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

      Originally posted by Squeek
      My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

      Comment

      • -Fallen-
        xqsite OG
        • May 2005
        • 2836

        #63
        Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

        Katamari is no doubt the most piece of **** game to be ever created for the Gamecube for any situation. I don't know how anyone can stand those games & if you don't want to bore your girlfriend play "CUTE" games unless she is like some gaming nerd like you are then play whatever else crap you have like RPG's for 10 hours straight.

        Mario Party, Super Smash, Any Mario/Zelda games are always fun. My girlfriend and I don't spend much time watching TV or playing games we're always out but she is usually the one to bring up old NES games like Mario and Bump N' Jump etc etc..

        Stuff like DDR is too much for most girls, so don't force it on them unless they want to play it without you having to ask them. Stepmania just shows off how much free time you have/had before/during the relationship so don't play that.
        One of the original members of the xqsite + FFR community.
        BlankZero - 15 year vet + RobbyZero - 15 year vet

        Comment

        • purplepopcorn
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2005
          • 602

          #64
          Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

          Bubble Bobble

          Comment

          • -Fallen-
            xqsite OG
            • May 2005
            • 2836

            #65
            Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

            Originally posted by purplepopcorn
            Bubble Bobble

            I forgot about that, yeah I actually posted a screenshot of my girlfriend and I playing that together. We beat the game together in a couple of hours which was fun.
            One of the original members of the xqsite + FFR community.
            BlankZero - 15 year vet + RobbyZero - 15 year vet

            Comment

            • nforcer06164
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2003
              • 4772

              #66
              Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

              Originally posted by -Fallen-
              Katamari is no doubt the most piece of **** game to be ever created for the Gamecube for any situation. I don't know how anyone can stand those games & if you don't want to bore your girlfriend play "CUTE" games unless she is like some gaming nerd like you are then play whatever else crap you have like RPG's for 10 hours straight.
              Play the game before you actually pass judgement on it. Oh, and don't even try to tell me you have played it. It's on PS2 =)

              PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
              Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
              Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

              Originally posted by Squeek
              My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

              Comment

              • -Fallen-
                xqsite OG
                • May 2005
                • 2836

                #67
                Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

                Then why did I see someone say for Gamecube somewhere? And to tell you the truth, I have seen a handfull of videos, and actual gameplay at one points somewhere (futur shop or some LAN party ) and I will not even bother to try it.

                EDIT: I remembered where I saw it now. I was at a Halo LAN party cause someone invited me to it and they were playing it before the Halo stuff was hooked up and I was rolling up pencils and stuff on a desk in the first world (whichever game it was I don't know if it was the first or the second) and it was pretty retarded.
                One of the original members of the xqsite + FFR community.
                BlankZero - 15 year vet + RobbyZero - 15 year vet

                Comment

                • nforcer06164
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 4772

                  #68
                  Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

                  Yeah, it does look pretty retarded. You're right. But, it's insanely fun. You have to play it to understand. It's wacky and unpredictable nature is one of the very core aspects of the game that make it what it is. Very rarely does such a unique game come along that's such a blast to play. Judging by your reaction to Katamari, I'd assume you are a big fan of FPS games and rely on them so heavily to entertain you that you are skeptical to try something new.

                  Remember, I'm not trying to attack you here or anything. I'm just saying, give it an honest, unbiased play before you pass judgment on it. It goes in the same vein of "Don't judge a book by its cover", or "Don't judge a movie by its name". In all honesty, it looks really bad to take such a strong stance without much substantiation.

                  PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                  Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                  Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                  Originally posted by Squeek
                  My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                  Comment

                  • Tps222
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 6169

                    #69
                    Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

                    I have the demo for Katamari on some Playstation Underground Magazine, and I was eager to try it from the all the raving you guys do about it. At first I really didnt understand it, but after a while it became a fun and unique game.

                    As for games to play with your gfs, it depends what they are into. With my last gf I played anything from Madden to THPS.

                    Comment

                    • -Tibs-
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2006
                      • 5235

                      #70
                      Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

                      Originally posted by nforcer06164
                      "Don't judge a movie by its name"
                      SNAKES ON A PLANE!

                      Metal covers of vidya game songs

                      Comment

                      • -Fallen-
                        xqsite OG
                        • May 2005
                        • 2836

                        #71
                        Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

                        Originally posted by nforcer06164
                        Yeah, it does look pretty retarded. You're right. But, it's insanely fun. You have to play it to understand. It's wacky and unpredictable nature is one of the very core aspects of the game that make it what it is. Very rarely does such a unique game come along that's such a blast to play. Judging by your reaction to Katamari, I'd assume you are a big fan of FPS games and rely on them so heavily to entertain you that you are skeptical to try something new.

                        Remember, I'm not trying to attack you here or anything. I'm just saying, give it an honest, unbiased play before you pass judgment on it. It goes in the same vein of "Don't judge a book by its cover", or "Don't judge a movie by its name". In all honesty, it looks really bad to take such a strong stance without much substantiation.

                        Big FPS fan? Not really..I play a bit of 1.6/Source every now and then..
                        Skeptical about trying new games? Not really, I just have a thing for knowing what I'll like before I play it or not and whether I should bother playing more than 10mins on the game afterwards.

                        I don't really have a specific type of game I like to play but it usually comes down to RPG's and Adventure like games. Katamari falls into those categories but just doesnt suit my definition of an RPG or Adventure.
                        One of the original members of the xqsite + FFR community.
                        BlankZero - 15 year vet + RobbyZero - 15 year vet

                        Comment

                        • Kenzya
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2004
                          • 3411

                          #72
                          Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

                          What a homo

                          One Time I Sucked Six in a Row (Locust Toybox Remix)
                          Write to me Stick Stickly p.o. box 963 New York City New York State 10108
                          I'm Still Alive

                          Comment

                          • evilbutterfly
                            FFR Player
                            • Apr 2003
                            • 5784

                            #73
                            Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

                            Wait, what kind of multiplayer is there in Katamari? I've only played I<3K once at somebody's house and I never knew there was multiplayer. o__O

                            I'd really like more co-op multiplayer games. Even games she likes and enjoys, she doesn't like to lose, and I'm horribly competitive and can't help but make myself win sometimes. Sure I am willing to throw a match (just barely ) sometimes but I don't want to baby her. Easy way around this = co-op games. Only things I can think of with co-op are like, FPSes with co-op campaigns. Most simple games have simple little vs modes. =\
                            So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                            In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                            So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                            And I write the blog for their website.

                            Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                            Comment

                            • lord_carbo
                              FFR Player
                              • Dec 2004
                              • 6222

                              #74
                              Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

                              Originally posted by evilbutterfly
                              Wait, what kind of multiplayer is there in Katamari? I've only played I<3K once at somebody's house and I never knew there was multiplayer. o__O

                              I'd really like more co-op multiplayer games. Even games she likes and enjoys, she doesn't like to lose, and I'm horribly competitive and can't help but make myself win sometimes. Sure I am willing to throw a match (just barely ) sometimes but I don't want to baby her. Easy way around this = co-op games. Only things I can think of with co-op are like, FPSes with co-op campaigns. Most simple games have simple little vs modes. =\
                              We <3 Katamari AND Katamari Damacy have co-op play (Well I think Katamari Damacy does, I know W<3K does >__>). Trust me, it's the perfect game. Go get it

                              And don't listen to Fallen, he didn't even PLAY the game. It's very fun.
                              last.fm

                              Comment

                              • manga220
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2006
                                • 22

                                #75
                                Re: Games guys can play with their girlfriends

                                We <3 Katamari is amazing, get it. I enjoy playing DDR with my GF. Unfortunately, she can S Delirium and VerTex expert so... She'll always own me, I'm not very good at PA/FA/MA, nor do I have the foot speed and stamina needed for that kind of thing.


                                Get We <3 Katamari!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...