Sonic Adventure > Sonic Adventure 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squeek
    let it snow~
    • Jan 2004
    • 14444

    #31
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Sonic Adventure > Sonic Adven

    You know me, the fighting freak Knuckles,
    And we're at Pumpkin Hill,
    You ready?

    I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep,
    Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece.
    I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet,
    The great Emerald's power allows me to feel.
    I can't see a thing but it's around somewhere,
    I'm gonna hold my head 'cause I have no fear.
    This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
    A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
    Ask him a question and he vanished in a second,
    I'm walkin' through valleys cryin' pumpkin in the alley.
    Didn't seem happy but they sure tried to get me,
    Had to back 'em up with the fist, metal crack 'em.
    I'm hearing someone saying you a chicken, don't be scared!
    It had to be the wind, 'cause nobody wasn't there.
    I searched and I searched as I climbed up the wall,
    And then I started to fly, I went in deeper!

    Let it get to me? I'm just gonna creep,
    Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece.
    I know that it's here, I sense it in my feet,
    The great Emerald's power allows me to feel.
    I can't see a thing but it's around somewhere,
    I gotta hold my head, I have no fear.
    It probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
    A ghost tried to approach me, he got leery.

    (This is Knuckles, who fears none.)
    (It's real deal when it comes to my name, kid!)

    I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep,
    Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece.
    I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet,
    The great Emerald's power allows me to feel.
    I can't see a thing but it's around somewhere,
    I'm gonna hold my head 'cause I have no fear.
    This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
    A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
    Ask him a question and he vanished in a second,
    I'm walkin' through valleys cryin' pumpkin in the alley.
    Didn't seem happy but they sure tried to get me,
    Had to back 'em up with the fist, metal crack 'em.
    I'm hearing someone saying you a chicken, don't be scared!
    It had to be the wind, 'cause nobody wasn't there.
    I searched and I searched as I climbed up the wall,
    And then I started to fly, I went in deeper!

    Let it get to me? I'm just gonna creep,
    Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece.
    I know that it's here, I sense it in my feet,
    The great Emerald's power allows me to feel.
    I can't see a thing but it's around somewhere,
    I gotta hold my head, I have no fear.
    It probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
    A ghost tried to approach me, he got leery.

    (Spooky up in here, it's crazy in here,)
    (We still gon' keep it goin', I'm Knuckles.)
    (Nobody scares me,)
    (Whoever want it, bring it!)
    (I don't care, we 'ka do this.)
    (Then come step up to the plate, and meet your match,)
    (It ain't no thang.)

    ~Squeek

    Comment

    • Omeganitros
      auauauau
      • Jun 2003
      • 8897

      #32
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Sonic Adventure > Sonic Adven

      Go ahead. Keeeeeeeep pushing my buttons.

      Comment

      • 180digi
        FFR Player
        • May 2004
        • 969

        #33
        Can you feel life movin' through your mind,
        Ooh, looks like it came back for more!
        Yeah yeah yeah!
        Can you feel time slippin' down your spine,
        Ooooooh, You try and try to ignore!
        Yeah!

        But you can hardly swallow,
        Your fears and pain.
        When you can't help but follow,
        It puts you right back where you came.

        Live and learn!
        Hanging on the edge of tomorrow,
        Live and learn!
        From the works of yesterday.
        Live and learn!
        If you beg or if you borrow,
        Live and learn!
        You may never find your way.

        Whooooa, yeah!

        Can you feel life tangle you up inside?
        Yeah, now you're face down on the floor!
        Oh!

        But you can't save your sorrow,
        You've paid in trade!
        When you can't help but follow,
        It puts you right back where you came.

        Live and learn!
        Hanging on the edge of tomorrow,
        Live and learn!
        From the works of yesterday.
        Live and learn!
        If you beg or if you borrow,
        Live and learn!
        You may never find your way.

        Hey, whoa, whoa,
        Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah!

        There's a face searching far, so far and wide.
        There's a place where you dream you'd never find.
        Hold on to what if?
        Hold on to what if?

        Live and learn!
        Hanging on the edge of tomorrow,
        Live and learn!
        From the works of yesterday.
        Live and learn!
        If you beg or if you borrow,
        Live and learn!
        You may never find your way.

        Live and learn!
        Hanging on the edge of tomorrow,
        Live and learn!
        From the works of yesterday.
        Live and learn!
        If you beg or if you borrow,
        Live and learn!
        You may never find your way.
        You'll never walk alone.

        Comment

        • Omeganitros
          auauauau
          • Jun 2003
          • 8897

          #34
          *Ahem*

          And now, E-102's theme.



          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANO)
          (SYNTH)
          (PIANOSYNTH)

          Comment

          • Bahamut-X
            FFR Player
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Nov 2004
            • 3399

            #35
            I completely forgot about music in these games =O

            SA1 Had a KICKASS main theme song, but so did SA2. Like moogy said, SA1 had some great tracks (mostly the main theme lol), but SA2 had a good majority of gripping songs throughout the game, such as the biolizard song and live and learn. I don't know why I haven't limewire'd these yet, brb

            Comment

            • Squeek
              let it snow~
              • Jan 2004
              • 14444

              #36
              Good thing I have all of the Sonic soundtracks.

              By the way, the best song on Sonic Adventure 2 is Metal Harbor. My goal in the level was always to finish before it looped and getting every single ring for the automatic "A" (I think...). So annoyingly hard.

              This reminds me. How about a survey thread for best music in various parts of video games? I'm trying to find more songs to get. Examples would be: Best intro, title, menu, map, battle, boss, ending themes in video games.

              ~Squeek

              Comment

              • Moogy
                嗚呼
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2003
                • 10303

                #37
                Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Sonic Adventure > Sonic A

                Originally posted by Omeganitros
                wtf Pumpkin Hill was one of the worst songs. Meteor Herd was great because although it was all you heard on loop for a long time, it was at least a cool song. Pumpkin Hill was a bad song to begin with, and it made not being able to find the missing emeralds very stressful because that meant having to listen to a bad song for a long time on loop.
                Pumpkin Hill is the best song ever.

                Mr. Unsmiley (Sky Rail) is the best song in SA2. Metal Harbor is a close second. I think I still have the world record score on Sky Rail, actually. Something like 30000? Been a long time since I've played.

                Squeek: Getting all the rings doesn't give you an auto-A. If it did, getting all A ranks would be absurdly easy.

                Green Forest and Shadow's version of it have awesome music, too. Man, I need to play SA2 again. I forgot all the names. I think I will when I get home today.
                Plz visit my blog

                ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                Comment

                • Squeek
                  let it snow~
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 14444

                  #38
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Sonic Adventure > Son

                  Guaranteed 'A' rank
                  An alternate way to get an 'A' rank on each stage is to collect every ring in it. It should say 'Perfect' next to your ring count at the end of the level and you will have an 'A' rank.
                  Contributed By: ProtoDude
                  Sky Rail and Green Forest are excellent too.

                  ~Squeek

                  Comment

                  • Moogy
                    嗚呼
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 10303

                    #39
                    Yeah, too bad that doesn't work.
                    Plz visit my blog

                    ^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved

                    Comment

                    • Squeek
                      let it snow~
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 14444

                      #40
                      THE INTERNETS HAVE FOILED ME ONCE AGAIN.

                      CURSE YOU GAMEFAQS.

                      ~Squeek

                      Comment

                      • Squeek
                        let it snow~
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 14444

                        #41
                        Necessary Bump.

                        Bought Sonic Adventure. Played a bit. Decided I hated it.

                        I'll beat it with all 6 people, of course. As of right now though, I honestly hate it and consider it to be much much worse than SA2B. Why?

                        1) Camera. Jagged much? I'm just walking around town or the ruins and the camera is shaking violently.

                        2) Intermissions. Between every level is this really stupid intermission. Levels need to be linked together. I ran all this way to this remote location in this place I can't even pinpoint on the map and got an Emerald. Oh, now I'm back in town. Did I fly there or something because it doesn't look like there's any easy way back... I snowboarded all the way down a hill, then just warped back up to the top. At least in SA2b, when you finish a level, the next mission starts from right there, or the cutscene explains why the next one won't.

                        3) Directions. Please tell me how to get to the next place since you're forcing me to. Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to get from Emerald Coast to the Mystic Ruins. Stupid blended-in door.

                        Sorry Omega. The music is nice. The story is decent as it follows the Sonic storyline so far. They just ruined so much of it so far for me.

                        ~Squeek

                        Comment

                        • Omeganitros
                          auauauau
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 8897

                          #42
                          ;_;

                          I wuv the "intermissions," as you call them. It let you goof around and enjoy the [awesome] music loops for as long as you wanted.

                          P.S. You gotta admit, there was a lot more variety in gaming fun. My favorite is Sky Chase part 1 and 2, with the shooting and the missles and the big Egg Carrier.

                          Comment

                          • Squeek
                            let it snow~
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 14444

                            #43
                            Finally beat it as Sonic.

                            I like how after you kill the boss, he can kill you. Actually, I lied. I was very pissed at that.

                            I also like how 90% of the time in the last level, I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THE CAMERA. If they didn't make the levels so open-ended, they wouldn't have a problem with a dynamic camera. I like SA2b because there's really only one right way to go most of the time.

                            The only songs I enjoyed with the Sonic levels were Emerald Coast and Icecap Snowboarding.

                            ~Squeek

                            Comment

                            • Omeganitros
                              auauauau
                              • Jun 2003
                              • 8897

                              #44
                              D= WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?


                              Why you.....you.....you.....

                              You.....


                              ...


                              You got SADX, right? You know there's a Free Camera view thingy, right?

                              Ah, what's the use. Camera awkwardness is a valid complaint.

                              *Sigh* I guess I just have a thing for that City BG and Ancient Ruins BG. I thoroughly enjoy the illusion of freedom. I loved having levels that were totally big, and having "interemission" areas to explore with delightable music loops.








                              Your mom is fat.

                              Comment

                              • sir_slamfist
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 18

                                #45
                                RE: Re: RE: Sonic Adventure > Sonic Adventure 2

                                if these sonic games were more like the old sega genesis sonic games,maybe i'd have enjoyed them more... >
                                JTHM PWNZ YOU!

                                Emulation chat at it's finest!



                                Register for a free gaming database at your fingertips!

                                Comment

                                Working...