Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Weedmark
    FFR Veteran
    • Aug 2009
    • 1196

    #31
    Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

    Originally posted by Crashfan3
    Until I hear of some good third-party support, I've got no plans to buy a Wii U. I'll focus on the PS4 and its release. Yes, I'll miss out on some of my favorite Nintendo franchises, but I'm not going to buy a console just for 7 or 8 good games that will be on it. I have Wind Waker on the Gamecube and that's good enough for me.
    So you're banking on the successor of a console that only had 2-3?

    Comment

    • Crashfan3
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 2937

      #32
      Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

      Originally posted by Mike Weedmark
      So you're banking on the successor of a console that only had 2-3?
      Infamous 2, Uncharted series, Bioshock 1 & 2, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank, Little Big Planet, Borderlands 1 & 2, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas... I could go on.
      Yes, I realize a lot of these are not Sony exclusives, some were on the 360 and/or the PC, but NONE of the games I listed were released on the Wii, or any Nintendo system. Nintendo's got Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, etc and their releases in these IPs are all excellent but often times they're a year or more apart. There's a good game released on the PS3 every few months. Unless Nintendo can convince the developers of the franchises I listed (and others I didn't) to make good games for their system, sticking with Sony is the logical choice for me.
      Last edited by Crashfan3; 01-24-2013, 12:54 AM.

      Comment

      • Tyson ultima
        Autismspeaks.gov
        • Nov 2006
        • 1421

        #33
        Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

        Just so a portion of you guys know there IS a certain little short of Majora's mask that ISN'T fake. Nintendo recently did a survey to see which game would get voted most to be made. A link to the past remake, A link to the past II, or Majora's mask. And Majora's mask had actually won by a couple thousand votes.

        Comment

        • Mike Weedmark
          FFR Veteran
          • Aug 2009
          • 1196

          #34
          Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

          tbh I consider those games middling. Ratchet's the best one, but it's more of a bonus you get than a reason TO get. I think a good argument for PS3 would have to include Mirror's Edge and Bayonetta, even if they're not exclusives. If we're just talking about "good" games, it's not a very strong word so a lot of stuff could fall under it. I don't think the PS3 has more than two or three games of the caliber the Wii had seven or eight of. That doesn't say anything definitive about the next generation, but if we're just extrapolating...

          A Windwaker remake is not really something that can be made up for with Bioshocks and Skyrims. Even if you think the total "volume of greatness" or whatever will be higher on the next Sony platform, there's nothing quite like the razor's edge, and almost every recent game like that has been for a Nintendo console, and no game like that has ever belonged to the FPS genre.

          Well anyway, never playing all the way through Windwaker is probably the thing about gaming most begging to be fixed for me. I'm going to get this no matter what.

          Comment

          • Wayward Vagabond
            Confirmed Heartbreaker
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2012
            • 5866

            #35
            Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

            How did you never finish windwaker???????

            Comment

            • DragonIIDX
              Not dragon, but dinosaur
              • Aug 2008
              • 916

              #36
              Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

              Originally posted by Mike Weedmark
              Well anyway, never playing all the way through Windwaker is probably the thing about gaming most begging to be fixed for me. I'm going to get this no matter what.
              WHAT!? This is probably one of the best Gamecube games and Zelda games ever! (tied with Majora's Mask for me) You need to finish it before the HD remake gets released!


              Originally posted by clasko1000
              banned for having an affair with peach
              Originally posted by dAnceguy117
              d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
              Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

              Comment

              • Trogdor!!!!
                Forum User
                • Jul 2008
                • 1665

                #37
                Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

                Please finish WW for the love of God.
                https://violetsforever.wordpress.com/

                Comment

                • DragonIIDX
                  Not dragon, but dinosaur
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 916

                  #38
                  Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

                  Mike Weedmark, it looks like everyone is going to harass you until you finish it lol. But seriously though you need to beat it... like now.


                  Originally posted by clasko1000
                  banned for having an affair with peach
                  Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                  d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
                  Simfiles Updated 11/30/13

                  Comment

                  • Fluvs
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 674

                    #39
                    Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

                    Yes FINISH the game like right now!!!

                    Comment

                    • Ohaider
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 2893

                      #40
                      Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

                      Haha why windwaker

                      Comment

                      • Coolboyrulez0
                        VICES
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 10042

                        #41
                        Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

                        if we have to do this then I'll join the never-beat-WW club... albeit I do not possess a copy of the game anymore.

                        All the more reason to get a Wii U, eh?
                        https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                        https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                        Comment

                        • Poison-
                          Nope
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 3772

                          #42
                          Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

                          I was just about to buy a new copy of Wind Waker but I guess I'll just wait until the remake is released

                          Comment

                          • DarkbearX
                            Shimose
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 1995

                            #43
                            Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

                            WinWaker is a good game. cool they're making a remake
                            im gay
                            SRL Page
                            Castlevania IV, Super Metroid, and Cave Story speedruns
                            D e e R F o r C e Leaderboards

                            Comment

                            • MarioNintendo
                              Expect delays.
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 4181

                              #44
                              Re: Zelda Wind Waker HD and New Zelda For Wii U

                              Originally posted by poison-
                              i was just about to buy a new copy of wind waker but i guess i'll just wait until the remake is released
                              ^ OMFG THIS
                              caps
                              Long live the arcade!

                              Comment

                              Working...