TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FictionJunction
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2006
    • 3843

    #16
    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

    I hate each and every one of you.

    I told you something was wrong and you all dismissed my arguments as random babble. Learn to analyze beyond what's directly in front of you. Manti isn't ****ing immortal.

    Would someone care to explain to me why me getting wolfed wasn't enough reason to lynch manti? And why was me getting wolfed enough reason to suspect arfo? Really, that's just common sense. Wolves do NOT kill people who support them. Never. It just doesn't happen.
    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    wow

    Comment

    • FictionJunction
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 3843

      #17
      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

      I called it, tupac. I told you you were being used by Manti.

      but you just blindly followed him. ****, all of you did.
      Originally posted by j-rodd123
      wow

      Comment

      • Gun92
        The Paragon of Perfection
        • Aug 2006
        • 4826

        #18
        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

        Originally posted by Makilaz
        Completely agreed with Syhto, that game was painful to watch. Most of the active players (myself included, honestly) are ****ing terrible as humans.
        I agree with this. I'm terrible as a green.

        Comment

        • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
          nobody fiffers anymore.
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2006
          • 2440

          #19
          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame



          BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

          Well, can't say much. Died Night 1, watch everyone destroy themselves. As humiliating a defeat as it was, though, I must urge more games like this (i.e without ironclad alliances.) It's painfully clear that most of us are hopelessly dependent on blue alliances as humans, and the only way to break this addiction is learning to play without them. This doesn't mean there's no room for different setups, but it does mean that you should have a balanced setup that doesn't foster blue alliances. We need to go back to basics.

          As for the game, I was a prominent figure in the game early on, and I think the wolves had a lucky gut instinct to off me. I wasn't very active on AIM and saw none of my limited conversations dropping hints that I was seer. The most likely explanation is that they saw me as a threatening figure, since I was the main voice of reason and might have really helped the human cause if I got the chance to practice what I preached. Thus, they killed me to make their job easier, not knowing what an excellent choice they made. Overall, I think my biggest mistake was not lying low. I shouldn't have thrown myself into the spotlight, especially on Night 1, when there is almost no information to go by. If I kept quiet and just played to my principles instead of announcing them to the world, I might have survived at least long enough to get a few readings and really help the human team.

          Comments/thoughts?
          ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

          Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

          Comment

          • FictionJunction
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2006
            • 3843

            #20
            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

            Originally posted by tupacodaman
            ok so yea, we really sucked it up as humans. confused about how wolves knew (or got lucky) with BDN first night.
            Manti said BDN slipped and gave away his role through his posts and conversations on AIM. I missed it.
            I'd also encourage more of you to actually THINK before voting for people...
            You are the LAST person who should be saying this.
            the idea me and manti had was still the best strategy for trying to form any kind of alliance.
            Again, there was no 'strategy' for this game. This wasn't our game. This was the seer's game and he died night one. Discussing how the seer should have played his role won't make a difference. It just shows we're opinionated. Big deal. But as far as calling our opinions strategy? You've got to be joking. Get your head out of your ass. This game wasn't about strategy. It was about people.
            afro, you need to learn to be less stubborn/less retarded. as you posted later, you weren't going to come out regardless for many dumb and selfish reasons.
            Arfo's style will always be the same. He's been around for three games now. I think everyone should come to their senses and understand that he will ALWAYS be aggressive and he will always put pressure on everyone. Don't blame your poor people-reading skills on someone you couldn't analyze properly. Arfo will always be arfo. This TWG group has been around for a couple of years unchanged. I'm pretty sure we all know our styles pretty well. I mean, that's why I was 100% sure about Manti in the group AIM Chat. And you guys dismissed it.
            As I posted in the thread, had anyone actually come out to you as a seered green, you should have asked for logs between that person and whoever he would claim to be seer
            He wouldn't have trusted the green who came out. The seer, the human the seer comes out to, and the psychic who the human goes to are all prone to doubt. Each and every one of those actions could have easily been faked by a wolf. 9% isn't something to completely ignore. The seer was killed night one, after all.
            anyway, there was no reason to vote either me and manti based on our proposed strategy... and as I said, your "social engineering" was a HUGE EPIC FAIL.
            in other words, you don't know how to play the game and only make decisions when you have some sort of data or Manti to rely on. Good job thinking for yourself.
            It's hard enough to get reads on people in this game, but it's just downright wreckless to vote out the people who are offering the most sound strategy for humans... (even though manti ended up being a wolf ).
            in other words, you don't know how to play the game and only make decisions when you have some sort of data or Manti to rely on. Good job thinking for yourself.

            There were plenty of reasons to vote for Manti and I listed them in the AIM group chat. Being in that chat even reassured me of my suspicions. The way he spoke gave him away entirely. In the chat he was defensive, didn't actively add to or counter anything about my claims, made lists of players (he was essentially giving us what he thought of other people free of charge, not something a blue or a sane green would do. The list had all of the wolves but u84. He even went as far as insulting them); and he played off of what everyone but me said in the chat. You'd think he could have said something else or spoken more calmly, but he didn't. He was erratically emotional the entire game and you missed it. That's not how Manti usually plays. It gave him away and he said he should probably be more careful next time around. Not around you, though, since you're easy to bait.

            There's no strategy for this game. This isn't the human's game. Humans are there to talk, wait and be meat for wolves while they fight off the seer and psychic who are waiting for the right time to act. You can't force their hand or tell them what to do. Respect the blues. If you follow the guy with the 'most' sound 'strategy' for a strategy-less game, or a game where the strategy does not depend on us, you fall prey to reckless thinking and complete dependency.

            not ever playing these simple twgs again because of general lack of human competency
            and you take the trophy. /golf clap

            tl;dr

            tupac: "I shouldn't have died. Manti was a wolf but he shouldn't have died. These games suck you actually have to think and analyze people without any sort of raw data! whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineeeee"

            you're an idiot.
            Last edited by FictionJunction; 10-25-2009, 02:43 PM.
            Originally posted by j-rodd123
            wow

            Comment

            • FictionJunction
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2006
              • 3843

              #21
              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

              social engineering isn't a strategy, tupac. It's what the game is about. No wonder you've never done anything prominent in a game before, you just follow people around.
              Originally posted by j-rodd123
              wow

              Comment

              • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                nobody fiffers anymore.
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2006
                • 2440

                #22
                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

                [15:33] MegamnGTX: How'd I slip my role
                [15:33] MegamnGTX:
                [15:34] Darkmanticorex2: i talked to a bunch of people
                [15:34] Darkmanticorex2: that said they talked to you
                [15:34] Darkmanticorex2: and i was like
                [15:34] Darkmanticorex2: wtf bdn's talking to people
                [15:34] MegamnGTX: out of character heheh
                [15:34] Darkmanticorex2: yeah
                [15:34] Darkmanticorex2: and i knew the wolves
                [15:34] Darkmanticorex2: so you had to be a blue

                *cue game over*
                ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                Comment

                • AC1speakerbox
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 1242

                  #23
                  Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

                  I started getting susp of Manti the second he got me lynched.

                  Comment

                  • tupacodaman
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 635

                    #24
                    Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

                    Originally posted by FictionJunction
                    social engineering isn't a strategy, tupac. It's what the game is about. No wonder you've never done anything prominent in a game before, you just follow people around.
                    correct me if i'm wrong but you always just get angry at people for no reason, try to vote them off, and don't talk to people much on AIM... and when have I just followed people around... do you even play games with me that often...

                    Comment

                    • tupacodaman
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 635

                      #25
                      Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

                      and lol, just looked at your post from the first page. why did I get voted off then? didn't you guys get a good read that I wasn't a wolf? if you've played with me, I'm pretty active when I'm a human and try to come up with some plan of action. in this game, it just happens that everyone was obsessed with proving my idea "retarded" (which it wasn't) to the point where I could take very few of you seriously... as I said, it was just a suggestion for what the seer/psychic should do. I never asked to be the seered human, and I never said the seer/psychic should take my plan. but you guys just wanted to lynch someone and rush voted me for actually suggesting something instead of chilling and hoping "social engineering" would find the wolves.

                      I've only been seered once in a game where I was a wolf and don't think I have ever died in a game where I was a blue (though I may be mistaken). So I do know how to read people so as to not appear suspicious in those cases and know how to read others to determine if they're red or blue. So this game, fine, I messed up thinking manti was not a wolf. But we all did, or else we would have lynched him. end of story

                      obviously, player interactions are key to this game. but I will still go by "data" and "numbers" over player interactions... a 91% chance of success is much greater than the just slightly greater than chance chance you have for getting someone's color right through your talks with them. do you know how easy it is to just completely alter your "style" game to game? that's what makes these games so hard to play. especially when people get so angry over nothing. anger over the internet won't make people do anything but laugh at you... and it's not going to make people take you seriously, which is kind of important in this game
                      Last edited by tupacodaman; 10-25-2009, 03:53 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Ruritsu
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 479

                        #26
                        Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

                        Originally posted by Makilaz
                        WOLVES WIN!

                        1. travman301 (rbennie362) WOLF
                        2. Ac1Speakerbox (Ac1Colossus) HUMAN
                        3. Clarinet89 (clarinet898) MASTER WOLF
                        4. Afrobean (Afrobean16) PSYCHIC
                        5. DarkManticoreX2 (DarkManticoreX2) WOLF
                        6. FictionJunction (FikshonJunkshon) HUMAN
                        7. Syhto (amanetora) HUMAN
                        8. A2P (awesome lamer) HUMAN
                        9. Ruritsu (Ruritsu) HUMAN
                        10. u84 (u8477) WOLF
                        11. sc979 (sam97379) HUMAN
                        12. Viccica (mmviccica) HUMAN
                        13. emerald000 (emerald3x0) HUMAN
                        14. tupacodaman (tupacodaman) HUMAN
                        15. Panda Express (helljumperdragon) HUMAN
                        16. BDN (megamngtx) SEER

                        LVP: ENTIRE HUMAN TEAM ARE BABY!
                        I absolutely had to do that.

                        We did play terrible >.>

                        I'll try harder next time. Feel bad for only having 2/4 wolf correctly named even after the insta happened. Oh and still not catching manti at that point =__='
                        =__=' My sig was 22 pixels too tall, so this is here instead...

                        Comment

                        • Syhto
                          BuMP it
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 2466

                          #27
                          Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

                          yes your strategy was retarded
                          Originally posted by ~jrodd
                          keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                          Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                          I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                          Comment

                          • u84
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 1921

                            #28
                            Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

                            Awesome game. NOT!

                            Really, really ****ty humans. Pretty much just stayed back and watched it. Only a few people actually talked to me, 1 of which wasn't a fellow wolf. ****, guys, you made that too easy. I hate being a wolf in games like this. If I don't have to really fight to stay alive and/or win, it's not fun. I wish I were human..
                            Originally posted by ryanisadouche
                            I woke up this morning wearing my new ffr shirt which confused me.

                            Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.


                            Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.

                            Comment

                            • FictionJunction
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 3843

                              #29
                              Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

                              Originally posted by tupacodaman
                              correct me if i'm wrong but you always just get angry at people for no reason, try to vote them off, and don't talk to people much on AIM...
                              wow, you're pretty ignorant.
                              Originally posted by j-rodd123
                              wow

                              Comment

                              • FictionJunction
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3843

                                #30
                                Re: TWG LXXXIX: Postgame

                                Originally posted by tupacodaman
                                why was I killed lol
                                because people were too afraid to vote for manti. I knew you weren't a wolf but if lynching you one day will help me get manti lynched the next then you will die. And you did.

                                Learn to play beyond what you see upfront. This game plays on several levels you're clearly unaware of.

                                more on style, though. Your style reflects your personality and what you think of other players and the game itself. That kind of thing doesn't change over night. We're all green most of the time so that's what we come to expect from players when we talk to them mid-game. If someone strays from what I've come to expect from them then I am free to assume that they're red, blue or a green in an uncomfortable position. It's not a matter of being able to change your style freely, that won't make a difference. 'Style' isn't even the proper term for it. I think we've all come to know each other pretty well over the past two, three years, even if we haven't played TWG. This isn't about style. It's about what each and every one of us would do in any given situation.

                                p.s It's not our fault you guys couldn't see through manti. He's a pretty obvious wolf if you ask me.

                                This game is about emotion. Raw data is there to support or counter what we feel. BDN dying night1 is proof that we shouldn't take risks like it's nobody's business. Just stop arguing about your ****ing "strategy". It wasn't a strategy. It was an opinion. And it was wrong.
                                Last edited by FictionJunction; 10-25-2009, 06:48 PM.
                                Originally posted by j-rodd123
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...