TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alainbryden
    Seen your member
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2003
    • 2873

    #16
    Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

    Aww, I was really hoping if I pretended to mamimi I still trusted her, I would get to post this on the last day for an exciting last second win.

    Alright. I just had a full night's sleep, and in my dreams, someone stabbed me in the back...

    This is getting ridiculous - absolutely anyone can see that mamimi has been siding with me for the entire game, and any half intelligible wolf would assume that she has some role and wolf her.

    The fact is I had a very long conversation with mamimi, and had allowed myself to be swayed into making the general assumption that she was human. Many have made this mistake with me before, and as a wolf, I have owned entire games just because I had people entirely convinced that I was a human, merely because I had several hour long conversations with them without saying anything wolfish (HansSky is brutally aware of this.)

    Something struck me as subtly odd of late with mamimi's third party messages, aside from the fact that mamimi has said very little to me since I've judged her motives as decidedly human, disappearing under the radar as any intelligible wolf in the clear would do. It seems to me that her use of her DBP as messenger is characteristic of a power role, subconsciously exerting itself. I am aware of her relationship with DBP, but what I notice is difference, it seems to be the presumptuous exertion and involvement stemming from having a power role, not a real-life relationship with the host.

    It had been difficult to judge her behavior as anything but human considering she's done nothing lately but follow my command of voting for whatever person I've decided is likely a wolf, something every other bored human in this game has reverted to doing. Where I have to call the shots then, is looking in the past, when her game was not infallible. What gives me the most material was back when she began her half-hearted "gut feeling" voting for me on the second day. There's is nothing initially suspicious about phantom evading and poorly backed up votes - but it is in the follow-up, I believe, that her behavior is incriminating. It is not a knowledge that would be available to the general game, but comes from our conversations.

    Whenever a wolf is trying to convince a human of their own humanity, the prescription is a dose of human strategy, a dose of lightheartedness, and a dose of returned suspicion for the person they are talking to. I believe she overdosed on the latter. I wolf's best strategy, as I've found many times, is to have a human which distrusts you believe that you distrust him, then fake slowly being convinced of his humanity and hope for the fallacious implication to occur in their minds, that they too are being convinced of the wolf's humanity.

    As such, mamimi returned plenty of suspicion in our conversation, stating her lack of trust for me as someone had faked friendship with her in an earlier game and winded up being a wolf the entire time. Several times I had to reassure her that my humanity was not in question due to my being saved. She persisted sometimes, or quickly submitted to the logic at other times, and I attributed the lack of logic in her continued suspicion as a lack of strategic integrity on her part, but more and more, I don't think she is capable of that kind of opaque assumption. I believe she was still trying to reinforce her human image with a dose of returned suspicion - something that should not have happened at all, given the circumstances of my being guarded early on in the inactive game with no public knowledge of roles, and in a generation where players would have to be downright stupid to confess their roles without any proof of future logical inferences set up to catch a traitor.

    It seems to me, therefore, that mamimi has played a delicate game behind the scenes with me to earn her ticket to the final 4 at a point in the game where I simply can't be sure whether there are 1 or 2 wolves left. It's time for a coup-de-gras, and the axe falls on x3Mamimi.
    Guess I should have expected to get killed.
    ~NEIGH

    Comment

    • alainbryden
      Seen your member
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2003
      • 2873

      #17
      Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

      I wasn't expecting there to be two wolves alive though, otherwise I would have posted this yesterday and lynched mamimi instead of whatshisface.
      Last edited by alainbryden; 08-21-2007, 02:39 PM. Reason: there is spelled there not their idiot
      ~NEIGH

      Comment

      • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2005
        • 1206

        #18
        Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

        Originally posted by StoicRoivaS
        No way, alain gets MVP, just not for his side. Random side note, I challenge someone to point out a game in which I was a wolf and wasn't seered. I really can't think of one, and that's total crap because I'm pretty much never seered as a human. It just always ends up that someone who "knows" me is seer when I'm a wolf, and I always get ball-busted for it.

        P.S. inb4 mayb ur n obveus wolf rolf!!!!111shiftone
        Pretty sure I've been host most of times this has happened, lmao.

        Also I expected it when FoJaR rolled seer.

        And when X3R0 rolled seer the other time.

        Can't recall the other(s).


        Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

        Comment

        • alainbryden
          Seen your member
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2003
          • 2873

          #19
          Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

          PS. You coward for wolfing me instead of taking me on face to face : p
          ~NEIGH

          Comment

          • nijatwo
            FFR Player
            • May 2006
            • 312

            #20
            Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

            then alain if you were so sure mamimi was a wolf why did you let her (and contribute to) insta me when she needed 1 vote?

            I call bs.
            Lost: packet, 42 bytes, last seen on a saturated OC3.
            Reward: $$10,000,000,000.

            Comment

            • DarkManticoreX2
              TWG Overlord
              • Apr 2005
              • 7355

              #21
              Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

              Had I have been more active, I woulda known Mamimi was a wolf, Kilga on the other hand I only realized once DBP told me the roles. Tough Break.

              I also like how everyone jumped on me the week I was mostly away.
              Beach, Mon-Wends
              Dorney Park, Thurs
              Get back friday, Oh noes I'm ded ;/
              AAA's = 800

              Originally posted by V
              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #22
                Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

                I knew mamimi on day one at about 70% sure but tps ****ed us all by pulling a tps on that one. and kilga should have been painfully obvious after his standard "I'm a wolf here's a long vote post in which I describe three people and my suspicions of them on of whom is likely a wolf with me" post on day three or four or whenever.

                alain you poor soul you were thinking logically but made the wrong assumptions every time. could have done a better job looking at behavioral signs.

                I think that had tps not done what he did and had fojar come out sooner things would have been much smoother. Kilga would have been slippery to catch, but mamimi and stoic would definitely have died since there would have been enough votes day one for mamimi.

                Comment

                • Tps222
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 6169

                  #23
                  Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

                  Sigh.

                  Ok, this is what happened.

                  Night 1 Fojar sends a seer PM to DBP. DBP's inbox is full and he never gets it. Thus, he randomizes a pick (which turns out to be me) and sends it to Fojar. Fojar gets pissed because he wanted the pick he sent in(because it wasn't his fault DBP had a full inbox). For some reason, DBP agrees and gives him 2 seer picks in one night. This already makes the game completely unbalanced.

                  Then, DBP tells Fojar not to approach me with the fact that he knows I'm a human, being that Fojar shouldn't know anyways. Fojar complies and things are fine.

                  End of day 1, I come out. The motive behind this was to try and lure the seer out (yes, LD's conversation gave me the idea more or less. Was it dumb? Maybe, I don't think I was going to hurt anyone by doing it in the short run).

                  After day 1 ends: DBP approaches me and asks if I have talked to the seer. I feel like screwing around with him, and thus repeatedly tell him that I am the seer. I even go so far as to fake a PM saying that I was for him, but he knew it was fake and I admitted to it being fake in such a way that the whole ordeal was done in a joking manner. After this he continually asked me if I had talked with the seer, and I wouldn't answer either way. I suppose I should since he is the host and all, but I obviously couldn't have predicted why he was asking me.

                  Thus, he tells me I have been booted. I ask why, and he says that I had talked with Fojar and teamed up with him, which violated their PM agreement(which I still don't understand why you wouldn't boot Fojar as well, seeing as he would be the one who violated the agreement in this scenario, and perhaps me along with him to cut all ties, but whatever).

                  I then come clean and tell him I never contacted Fojar and knew nothing of the situation. He says at this point it's too late to be reinstated as he had already revealed the seer role to me. I grudgingly accepted, Jurs replaced me etc.

                  Fojar then drops out of the game a few days later. Apparently, some other disputes went on concerning quesitonably serious or joking bets concerning seer picks, and I believe overall frustration on Fojar side. Fojar then leaves the game.

                  Also, the fact that DBP randomly and arbitrailily decided when days would end or begin, after he already established a time before(that people depended on) is absolutley ridiculous.

                  As for this whole shamble, I suppose I am partly responsible for not confessing everything I knew when I was asked, but I never should have been in that situation in the first place.

                  I realize DBP, that you were being a good guy and took the time to host the game with Nija not being active, that of which I respect. The manner in which you hosted the game though, in which it seemed you barely had control of it and you made decisions that affected the game with powers the host shouldn't use so loosely makes me think that you probably shouldn't host again for a while.

                  DBP: Their is no war with any of us. I just feel that everyone deserves to know.

                  Comment

                  • alainbryden
                    Seen your member
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 2873

                    #24
                    Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

                    understood TPS.

                    Thanks for understanding talisman.
                    ~NEIGH

                    Comment

                    • x3Mamimi
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 513

                      #25
                      Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

                      ITT: Mature responses.
                      jwcgator: mah mee mee
                      merlonifan28: fight for my love, mamimi

                      Comment

                      • x3Mamimi
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 513

                        #26
                        Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

                        This may just sound like I'm being bitter but I'm 99% sure that you typed that post after the game was over. I think you're making yourself look worse. <3
                        Last edited by x3Mamimi; 08-21-2007, 01:40 PM.
                        jwcgator: mah mee mee
                        merlonifan28: fight for my love, mamimi

                        Comment

                        • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                          FFR Player
                          • Sep 2005
                          • 1206

                          #27
                          Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

                          @tps: fojar went on a rampage until I gave him another pick.

                          @tps: I don't recall doing much with 'arbitrarily changing day times' except the last night phase.

                          3/5 people voted, and the other two were nowhere to be seen, and had been shit inactive.

                          If they were planning on pulling through for their team, aka realizing 'Hey if day starts early mamimi will insta thunder' (which they wouldn't have thought) they would have been there in the first place and actually gave a shit about the game.

                          Not my fault your teammates let you down, ya know?

                          And about the war part, I didn't want to give out that fojar bit, or go into detail, because I bet he'd rather I not.
                          Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 08-21-2007, 01:47 PM.


                          Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                          Comment

                          • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                            FFR Player
                            • Sep 2005
                            • 1206

                            #28
                            Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

                            Oh and those shits are not me being angry, so don't take it that way XD


                            Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                            Comment

                            • alainbryden
                              Seen your member
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 2873

                              #29
                              Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

                              I didn't. I typed it the day Jurs got wolved. I wouldn't have the patience or the audacity to do such a thing.
                              ~NEIGH

                              Comment

                              • Tps222
                                FFR Player
                                • Nov 2004
                                • 6169

                                #30
                                Re: TWG XLIX postgame (Wolves win)

                                DBP: You extended the day a couple times for innactivity I believe : \

                                I just don't like the host being such a big factor in actual gameplay I guess.

                                Comment

                                Working...