TWG XXXV Postgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • StoicRoivaS
    FFR Player
    • May 2006
    • 548

    #16
    Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

    Thanks to all of you who listened to intelligent new players. Yes, all zero of you (1/2 a point for post-death Tass, but certainly not pre-death Tass). I named both living wolves to Omega pre-death and shash post-death, btw. I was fairly trusting of Omega after a couple conversations we had about mainly wilkin and somewhat jurs. I'm fairly confident that if the wolves had made the correct play, wolfing blah over me, that Omega and I would have put some serious heat onto wilkin along with whichever other confirmed/assumed humans wanted to join. Nice going wolves, but you really didn't have to earn it, but you won none the less, congrats. Special thanks goes out to Tass, Ap, and Blah for completely ruining any respect I had for their ability to play the game proficiently. Actual special thanks goes out to the few of you who were willing to listen to a new player, namely shash post-death(s) and Omega to a degree. Extra special thanks to Kilga for editing post #390:



    to make me look dumb, and then digging himself in further when fish notices the relevancy of my post. You've been here longer than I have GJ.

    That's about all I'd like to add. I realize, now, that looking to Tass/Ap/Blah so often for advice is a HORRIBLE idea. No offense, but you are all dissapointments to your reputation. Nice game everyone. Can't wait to play again.
    Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn are
    wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
    -Bowser

    Comment

    • Kilgamayan
      Super Scooter Happy
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2003
      • 6583

      #17
      Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

      Originally posted by StoicRoivaS
      Extra special thanks to Kilga for editing post #390:



      to make me look dumb, and then digging himself in further when fish notices the relevancy of my post. You've been here longer than I have GJ.
      I thought it was fairly obvious I was dicking around.
      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

      Comment

      • StoicRoivaS
        FFR Player
        • May 2006
        • 548

        #18
        Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

        Originally posted by Kilgamayan
        I thought it was fairly obvious I was dicking around.
        I would agree but you defended the statement twice against fish and myself with zero effort into insinuating that it was a joke, but that wasn't what bothered me. What bothered me is when I aimed you shortly after with:

        StoicRoivaS: ROFL, nice edit

        when you were not idle, not away, and confirmed to be online by others, and you chose not to respond in any way, joking or not. It's not a big deal, but it certainly isn't helping people like shash and I who are obviously getting some flak that we don't deserve. Whatever though, it's well behind me. Take care.
        Like the moon over
        the day, my genius and brawn are
        wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
        -Bowser

        Comment

        • sertman
          DADALADAH
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jun 2005
          • 3910

          #19
          Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

          It's not that big of a deal. It didn't alter the game one bit, and i'm pretty sure everyone had forgotten about it until you brung it up. So get off Kilga's back.

          Comment

          • FishFishRevolution
            GotR Creator
            • Nov 2003
            • 7251

            #20
            Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

            lame

            Comment

            • JurseyRider734
              lil j the bad b-word
              • Aug 2003
              • 7507

              #21
              Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

              Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
              lame

              owned



              I'm just a lucky person.
              Originally posted by Arch0wl
              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

              Comment

              • Afrobean
                Admiral in the Red Army
                • Dec 2003
                • 13262

                #22
                Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

                Originally posted by CypherToorima
                @ people who are kinda blaming me for putting suspicion on fish.
                I think I was the only one that mentioned it (and even I backed you up by suggested that the possibility was definitely there for fish to be a wolf and that people should keep an eye on him).

                And I wasn't putting any blame on you. I just said that it opened up the possibility to lynch fish for the win, when otherwise it would have looked really sketchy for the two wolves to vote for anyone besides themselves.

                Really, I'm placing the blame of the human loss 100% on ap. Yeah, we all made a LOT of mistakes, but this game was so much in favor of humans winning. The ****ty part is we end up losing from a KiB in the end because ap got banned and didn't vote. Hell, I would have been more satisfied with ap voting for fish and us losing because of that than him being banned and not voting at all.

                Comment

                • JurseyRider734
                  lil j the bad b-word
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 7507

                  #23
                  Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

                  blame chardish.
                  Originally posted by Arch0wl
                  I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                  the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                  Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                  Comment

                  • sertman
                    DADALADAH
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 3910

                    #24
                    Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    Really, I'm placing the blame of the human loss 100% on ap. Yeah, we all made a LOT of mistakes
                    durrrr

                    I can see it being placed somewhat on ap... he did vigi a human, and getting banned was a stupid thing to do... but uh if you ALL made a lot of mistakes than placing the blame solely on one person is ****ing stupid. part of me thinks you're only voicing this opinion because you know he can't respond.

                    this is the second game in a row where the humans absolutely got wrecked.

                    Comment

                    • JurseyRider734
                      lil j the bad b-word
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 7507

                      #25
                      Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

                      Basically, we won because we got extremely lucky in many different circumstances...I played a better game (in my opinion) than I ever have as a wolf, and Wilkin did an excellent job at posting the same exact way he does as a human.
                      Originally posted by Arch0wl
                      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                      Comment

                      • Omeganitros
                        auauauau
                        • Jun 2003
                        • 8897

                        #26
                        Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

                        aperson deserves the Worst Player Award for this game.


                        When he revealed himself as the Vigilante, he immediately became the Human Alliance leader. And at this, he failed miserably. Nevermind the fact that all his suspicions were wrong, oh no, the leader has a responsiblity to keep the humans active and posting, keep the thread's heart pumping. And he didn't do that, AT ****ING ALL.


                        Anyways, GG everyone, I seriously can't wait to play this game again.


                        P.S. I was hoping aperson would post about how he reacted to my PM I sent him before I died, but seeing as how he's banned, I guess not.

                        Comment

                        • Omeganitros
                          auauauau
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 8897

                          #27
                          Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

                          When I realized I was in serious danger of getting lynched, that last thing I did before the day ended was send a PM to aperson. Here it is, in its entirety:

                          Look. The only people I can trust are you and Cypher, and you're online more than he is. Actually, I can't trust you, since you might just make this public for whatever reason that makes you even surer of my wolfiness. But whatever.


                          Look. You know I'm in a fix in TWG right now. I was just about to make this post:

                          "I'll say it again, since Wilkin must have missed it.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Omeganitros
                          Really, I noticed the problem with the question as I was about to post it, but I just decided not to fix it anyways, because there could have been people that were suspicious of him but didn't vote him.

                          See? Told ya it wouldn't help my case. It's the truth, and it's terribly unconvincing.


                          And the "digging up better evidence" thing isn't going well either. Fish, Jurs, and Wilkin have been my top three suspects because:
                          Wilkin's just been terribly inactive. It makes it hard to come up with wolfy evidence when he's never been one, and he hardly posts anything you could use against him.
                          Fish and Jurs are my suspicion list because they're pretty much the only two people that haven't been accused or speculated of being wolves. My idea was to accuse them of being wolves to see their reactions (if wolfy or humany), but if I accused them for stupid reasons, well, that's no good and it doesn't work.


                          Bottom Line: I got nothin'."

                          But before I posted it, I realized if I posted this I would basically be giving up. Everyone would be eager to lynch me with no other better choice, and nobody would be willing to find a better choice for fear of being associated with me.

                          I'm not good at collecting evidence and accusing people, but you are. I'm almost sure this is the only way my ass is gonna be saved.

                          What I'm asking is, would you go through with my idea for me? Accuse someone who hasn't been seen as suspicious yet, and see if they react in a wolfy manner?

                          Many Thanks,
                          Omeganitros

                          Comment

                          • sertman
                            DADALADAH
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3910

                            #28
                            Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

                            I was sure as hell you were a wolf after you lynched Guido, who was inactive and therefore kind of high on my suspicion list, and were like "oh **** whoops"

                            But now that I think about it, that should have made me think that you were human because no wolf would be that ****ing stupid to say that, especially someone who isn't a new player

                            but hindsight is 20/20 i guess. this inactivity thing has to stop though

                            Comment

                            • Omeganitros
                              auauauau
                              • Jun 2003
                              • 8897

                              #29
                              Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

                              Correction: No wolf would be so ****ing stupid as to lynch someone with 2 phantoms before endgame.

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #30
                                Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

                                @sert:rofl

                                I wouldn't say taking it to the very end and losing in a KiB would be considered getting wrecked by any means.

                                And yeah, if you think I'm only saying these things because I don't think ap would respond, you don't know me very well at all. I'm the type who will say what I think regardless of others.

                                And yeah, the loss isn't squarely on ap's shoulders, this is true. However, until that point, a win was still salvage-able. What I mean is that even though the humans made a lot of mistakes, we still were doing well enough that we could have easily won. It wasn't until the last day that I actually lost faith that we'd win it, and even then, it was only because I realized ap was banned.

                                That's what I'm dissappointed about. We had it easy. We were so close. Then we lost anyway.

                                ps yeah, I guess I should blame Chardish. Chardish doesn't see the difference between using racial slurs as a joke in a non-racist way and real racism that's actually directed at a race.

                                Originally posted by jurs
                                things
                                Yeah, you and wilkin played excellently as wolves, but this game was stacked so much that the wolves really shouldn't have won it. Another wolf really would have evened it out, I guess... but I suppose that doesn't really matter since you guys won against the odds anyway.

                                @omega: you're forgetting that cypher was original leader. Cypher failed his job of keeping things productive as well. Ap did relatively well, I think, he just ****ed up in the end by getting banned.

                                and by the way, a leader doesn't need to catch wolves, really. They just need to keep things active, and chip away at those are are least human. Notice how ap never gave fish or me any ****? We were playing the same way a seer alliance does in that they seer humans and kill anyone who is not human (it just so happens that this game, there were no seer'd humans and instead there were just assumed humans based on their behavior).

                                @sertman#2: there is no way to beat innactivity. Even imposed phantoms for not posting enough, or even kicks wouldn't do it.

                                Comment

                                Working...